Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Final DYNO! Car is complete I/H/E PnP Cam gear VafcII graph, mods, pic, 2k2 auto

Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
So, Gearbox, in your personal opinion what parts would you say made the power? Exhaust, intake, maybe the cam gear? Wich combo, cause you know some of those parts helped more than others just wondering if you could feel wich ones.
Old 10-24-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
so much for believing there was hope in an auto trans, but still im sure you get high 30s mpg dont you gearbox? i wish i had my manual now, o well i think i know what im going to do now
Old 10-24-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
actually haven't measured mileage yet. last i saw city 26 and highway 42 before exhaust.

this is just imo on these estimates based on what i've seen on the dyno

vafcII - 1 or 2 hp across the powerband. i almost didn't need it looking at the a/f. I think the richness of the stock ecu and all the mods cancelled out. They only added +1 and I'm running 14:1 at hi throttle. They added some low throttle too.

typhoon intake - 1 or 2 hp but gained more low end. Much better acceleration from a stop.

pnp head and header around 10whp, made the most gain by itself without any other mods.

exhaust around 3-5 hp and the rest cam gear.

Its hard to say because its an auto so i'm sure a manual would be alot different as far as power goes. But the car does feel alot more responsive when you get on the gas.
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

hondapower05 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sorry dude but I feel bad for you. You have done all that and still nothing. I have a 2005 Civic VP and it ran 95hp and 98lb stock. I have added a Nopi #1 muffler and #1 intake and it now runs 105hp and 113lb. I don't know how much time ya'll took on your tuning, but you need to do some more.
Old 10-24-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
how much was the pnp?
Old 10-24-2005
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
Damn as much as you spent on all that I think you'd have had enough to turbo... I would have gone that route...JMO... Or save it and just do a swap..
Old 10-24-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
thats funny I was pulling about that with my AEM intake and exhaust .. but of course now I still have the turbo.. quite interesting results though
Old 10-24-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
you guys have to remember this is an auto. It starts low at 90whp and every mod you add gives less hp than it would on a manual.
Old 10-24-2005
Premium Member

pnp cost $740 for the work, $150 for headbolts and gaskets, and $250 for labor (friends installed it, took 12 hours with breaks).
Old 10-24-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
ok man everyone on here is say that its not much HP....
who cares our cars dont make **** anyways!
i would love to own your car gearbox im sure that thing is in pristine condition
you have the best auto all motor setup on the site..
it takes alot of work and dedication to do the **** you have done!
Old 10-24-2005
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
I know what your saying man and I feel you cause my rides and auto too... But I'm done w/ mods unless I go turbo or swap... JMO...I dont know though cause turbo would be more fun you know BOV sounds and spoolin sounds and such but a swap would be much more reliable... Those are just my thoughts..
Old 10-24-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
hey my auto is a monster to waht it began as with an AEM intake and exhaust.. the poor automatic put down 90 hp and 90 ft lb of torque then I went boost crazy and had the Tranny built using the TCI auto master overhaul kit and torque converter as well as stage 2 SV halfshafts from Drive shaft shop. After all was said and done running 12 psi on a built auto matic tranny while keeping it sleeperish as possible
Old 10-25-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

wow didnt realize pnp was so expensive. so you did hte whole thing in one day?
Old 10-25-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by hondapower05
I'm sorry dude but I feel bad for you. You have done all that and still nothing. I have a 2005 Civic VP and it ran 95hp and 98lb stock. I have added a Nopi #1 muffler and #1 intake and it now runs 105hp and 113lb. I don't know how much time ya'll took on your tuning, but you need to do some more.
Yes, I am sure those two mods added 10 hp...I am calling BS.

Also keep the d17 n/a going bro, not many left that are going for hp...
Old 10-27-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough

plus you are saying that you are making quite a bit more torque than HP
intake and exhaust with tuning dont do that...
maybe thats what the side of the box told you!
if it was that easy there are alot more people with your setup.
beleive me we have tried them ALL!!!
Old 10-27-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
im dynoin my car friday night i will post results im hopin for at least 100 hp
Old 10-28-2005
Premium Member

nice you have an auto right? See once it gets cold my car really starts to feel good. Then when summer comes I start complaining
Old 10-28-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

i love cold weather. car so much more repsonsive
Old 10-28-2005
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
Yeah I'm callin that sketchy at far. There is now way exhaust and an intake 10 hp and 15lb or tq. I'm at 114 hp and 108lb of tq and thats with what u have plus a VFAC and a header. I would say go get redynoed the guy lied to ya.
Old 11-19-2005
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
Gearbox did you do a throttle body heater bypass? That may help a little and its like 2.00 for a hose.
Old 11-19-2005
Premium Member

it its useless and can affect idle. It only lowers intake temps by 1 or 2 degrees. Anyway...this setup was a failure and I'm now saving for turbo.
Old 11-19-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
So THAT's what you bought my injectors for lol
Old 11-19-2005
Premium Member

haha! i hope this is a lesson for everyone. Don't put dumb NA mods on your car. You will spend double what you would on a turbo and make 1/2 the power.
Old 11-19-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Some people respect N/A more, and it's easier to be a sleeper
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

dadawads is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw a dyno result from a 5 spd manual LS Integra... the basic one most guys have. It had 122 WHP. So if you increase your hp by 10, you're matching the Integra. (Manual EXs typical have 111 WHP) Not bad at all.

Dadawads
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
sweet i plain on doing all that two in the summer
Old 02-28-2006
Premium Member

old thread. everything i had was put back to stock due to crappy honda design (couldn't take the mods for more than a year)
Old 02-28-2006
let the devil out

wow I dynoed more with my AEM cai and axle back on my previous auto.. but good job man
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

korn10 is an unknown quantity at this point
na in a d17 sucks