Final DYNO! Car is complete I/H/E PnP Cam gear VafcII graph, mods, pic, 2k2 auto - Page 2 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2005   #31
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
So, Gearbox, in your personal opinion what parts would you say made the power? Exhaust, intake, maybe the cam gear? Wich combo, cause you know some of those parts helped more than others just wondering if you could feel wich ones.
DaddyFatSacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #32
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
so much for believing there was hope in an auto trans, but still im sure you get high 30s mpg dont you gearbox? i wish i had my manual now, o well i think i know what im going to do now
runner1738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #33
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
actually haven't measured mileage yet. last i saw city 26 and highway 42 before exhaust.

this is just imo on these estimates based on what i've seen on the dyno

vafcII - 1 or 2 hp across the powerband. i almost didn't need it looking at the a/f. I think the richness of the stock ecu and all the mods cancelled out. They only added +1 and I'm running 14:1 at hi throttle. They added some low throttle too.

typhoon intake - 1 or 2 hp but gained more low end. Much better acceleration from a stop.

pnp head and header around 10whp, made the most gain by itself without any other mods.

exhaust around 3-5 hp and the rest cam gear.

Its hard to say because its an auto so i'm sure a manual would be alot different as far as power goes. But the car does feel alot more responsive when you get on the gas.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #34
Registered!!

hondapower05 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sorry dude but I feel bad for you. You have done all that and still nothing. I have a 2005 Civic VP and it ran 95hp and 98lb stock. I have added a Nopi #1 muffler and #1 intake and it now runs 105hp and 113lb. I don't know how much time ya'll took on your tuning, but you need to do some more.
hondapower05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #35
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
how much was the pnp?
Ashhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #36
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
Damn as much as you spent on all that I think you'd have had enough to turbo... I would have gone that route...JMO... Or save it and just do a swap..
XTREME2K2CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #37
let the devil out

eye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud of
thats funny I was pulling about that with my AEM intake and exhaust .. but of course now I still have the turbo.. quite interesting results though
eye_see_you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #38
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
you guys have to remember this is an auto. It starts low at 90whp and every mod you add gives less hp than it would on a manual.
Old 10-24-2005   #39
Premium Member

pnp cost $740 for the work, $150 for headbolts and gaskets, and $250 for labor (friends installed it, took 12 hours with breaks).
Old 10-24-2005   #40
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
ok man everyone on here is say that its not much HP....
who cares our cars dont make **** anyways!
i would love to own your car gearbox im sure that thing is in pristine condition
you have the best auto all motor setup on the site..
it takes alot of work and dedication to do the **** you have done!
acidbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #41
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
I know what your saying man and I feel you cause my rides and auto too... But I'm done w/ mods unless I go turbo or swap... JMO...I dont know though cause turbo would be more fun you know BOV sounds and spoolin sounds and such but a swap would be much more reliable... Those are just my thoughts..
XTREME2K2CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #42
let the devil out

eye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud of
hey my auto is a monster to waht it began as with an AEM intake and exhaust.. the poor automatic put down 90 hp and 90 ft lb of torque then I went boost crazy and had the Tranny built using the TCI auto master overhaul kit and torque converter as well as stage 2 SV halfshafts from Drive shaft shop. After all was said and done running 12 psi on a built auto matic tranny while keeping it sleeperish as possible
Old 10-25-2005   #43
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

wow didnt realize pnp was so expensive. so you did hte whole thing in one day?
Old 10-25-2005   #44
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondapower05
I'm sorry dude but I feel bad for you. You have done all that and still nothing. I have a 2005 Civic VP and it ran 95hp and 98lb stock. I have added a Nopi #1 muffler and #1 intake and it now runs 105hp and 113lb. I don't know how much time ya'll took on your tuning, but you need to do some more.
Yes, I am sure those two mods added 10 hp...I am calling BS.

Also keep the d17 n/a going bro, not many left that are going for hp...
SLO REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #45
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
Quote:

plus you are saying that you are making quite a bit more torque than HP
intake and exhaust with tuning dont do that...
maybe thats what the side of the box told you!
if it was that easy there are alot more people with your setup.
beleive me we have tried them ALL!!!
acidbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005   #46
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
im dynoin my car friday night i will post results im hopin for at least 100 hp
mugenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005   #47
Premium Member

nice you have an auto right? See once it gets cold my car really starts to feel good. Then when summer comes I start complaining
Old 10-28-2005   #48
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

i love cold weather. car so much more repsonsive
Old 10-28-2005   #49
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
Quote:
Yeah I'm callin that sketchy at far. There is now way exhaust and an intake 10 hp and 15lb or tq. I'm at 114 hp and 108lb of tq and thats with what u have plus a VFAC and a header. I would say go get redynoed the guy lied to ya.
Valdeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #50
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
Gearbox did you do a throttle body heater bypass? That may help a little and its like 2.00 for a hose.
joe6680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #51
Premium Member

it its useless and can affect idle. It only lowers intake temps by 1 or 2 degrees. Anyway...this setup was a failure and I'm now saving for turbo.
Old 11-19-2005   #52
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
So THAT's what you bought my injectors for lol
TheSmuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #53
Premium Member

haha! i hope this is a lesson for everyone. Don't put dumb NA mods on your car. You will spend double what you would on a turbo and make 1/2 the power.
Old 11-19-2005   #54
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Some people respect N/A more, and it's easier to be a sleeper
TheSmuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006   #55
Registered!!

dadawads is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw a dyno result from a 5 spd manual LS Integra... the basic one most guys have. It had 122 WHP. So if you increase your hp by 10, you're matching the Integra. (Manual EXs typical have 111 WHP) Not bad at all.

Dadawads
dadawads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006   #56
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
sweet i plain on doing all that two in the summer
Civicman1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006   #57
Premium Member

old thread. everything i had was put back to stock due to crappy honda design (couldn't take the mods for more than a year)
Old 02-28-2006   #58
let the devil out

wow I dynoed more with my AEM cai and axle back on my previous auto.. but good job man
Old 03-01-2006   #59
Registered!!

korn10 is an unknown quantity at this point
na in a d17 sucks
korn10 is offline   Reply With Quote