Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

8thgen hybrid has clear headlights?

Old 10-15-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
8thgen hybrid has clear headlights?

Anyone see the pics? Seems the new hybrid comes with clear headlights.
Old 10-15-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned

Nope... that's a pic of the hybrid tails from the Honda site...

Linky
Old 10-15-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
On a side note... they couldn't have made these rims any uglier if they tried
Old 10-15-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
my bad, I meant to say headlights. I saw in the booklet they're clear for the hybrids. And i can't edit the title for some reason.
Old 10-15-2005
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally Posted by gearbox
my bad, I meant to say headlights. I saw in the booklet they're clear for the hybrids. And i can't edit the title for some reason.
I changed it for ya.
Old 10-15-2005
Premium Member

thanks! I went to the dealer and they don't have the hybrids. But clearly in their book it doesn't have the orange lens. Okay well the honda site has pics and yes they are clear corners. Can't post a pic cause i'm at work and the mac sucks.
Old 10-15-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
the point of the wheels is so the car is easily recognizable as 'different' and so they are lighter than steelies, no?

Originally Posted by Honda
Unique 15-inch, lightweight alloy wheels complement the high-tech look on the Civic Hybrid.
Old 10-15-2005
Premium Member

point of those wheels is aerodynamics. They do stuff with air movement to crease less drag. Thats why the shape is like that. And they are also alot lighter for better acceleration (which it needs).

Old 10-15-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
Those headlights are nice..although i like my 05 sedan better.
and you ninja guys are so cool..i wish i was a ninja...
Old 10-15-2005

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
nice headlights, looks good.
Old 10-15-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
And they are also alot lighter for better acceleration (which it needs).

they are lighter cause a lighter wheel means BETTER GAS MILEAGE!!! lol. why else would they put alloys on a civic as stock?!
Old 10-15-2005
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
i see headlight swaps in the future?
Old 10-16-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
The sedan is lovely.
Old 10-16-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
They could've done it worse...
They could've put the wheel cover thingy like in the Insight...

And by the way... Hybrid, meet Hybrid. They have the same wheels.
Old 10-16-2005
Premium Member

haha. i wonder if anyone has a modded insight? would be a tough challenge.
Old 10-16-2005
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
haha sounds cool, i fixed it up in GT4, ~165hp. its pretty quick in the game hahahaha.
Old 10-16-2005
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
they still make the insight?
Old 10-16-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know about the Insight...
All I know is that the Toyota Prius holds the hybrid land speed record (I think it's at 123 mi/h... incredible for a hybrid!)

Originally Posted by YUL
they still make the insight?
They still make it and they probably will until cars can fly.
It's Honda's, let's say, flagship hybrid.
Honda at the moment has three hybrid models. The Insight makes at an incredible 60-66 mpg... Civic makes around 40 mpg (correct me please) and the Accord... well... I really have no info on my head on those...

Last edited by ramcosca; 10-16-2005 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-16-2005
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
there was a HOT photochop of the insight a while back.... maybe i can find it

Last edited by modoman; 10-16-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-22-2005
Registered!!

aznrocka is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out the Civic Hybrid Sport Concept at www.vtec.net....looks pretty darn nice
Old 10-25-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Originally Posted by aznrocka
Check out the Civic Hybrid Sport Concept at www.vtec.net....looks pretty darn nice
link no worky
Old 10-25-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
the insight is used in the nopi drag series.... but they are only shells...cuz they're so damn light..like the CRX was...