Don't buy sh*t from ebay! - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2005   #1  
Registered!!

pnoiracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't buy sh*t from ebay!

DAMN! today I got my fenders (from ebay) painted.. installed them myself.. and guess what!? It doesn't fit like the stock ones... are they supposed to be like this? they shouldn't be I think.. I got these from ebay for $200 (all in all) and I know I got freakin ripped off!!! I should've spent couple more bucks for the non-ebay ones

Also, my friend bought the lambor door hinges from ebay... and one of the shocks broke after 2 weeks of using it everyday!! so like I said DO NOT BUY SH*T FROM EBAY... because they're all sh*tty!!! I should have known better though... I just thought I'd share some thoughts...
pnoiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #2  
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of
its not "dont buy **** off ebay"

its "be picky about the **** you buy off ebay"
kinda sucks tho..
xRiCeBoYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #3  
Registered!!

ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
Quality costs extra money
ZapThyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #4  
Registered!!

Royando is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx

kinda sucks tho..

agree, i buy tons of crap off ebay...NEVER had a problem..and im talking about 1500.00 sound systems..NEVER a problem.. KNOW who you buy from and what the condition is. Ask as many Questions as you need. Ebay is has been awsome to me.
Royando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #5  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx

kinda sucks tho..
yea, and don't be cheap.. you get what you pay for.... I thought this seller was trustworthy because his feedback is like almost 100%...
Old 10-01-2005   #6  
Registered!!

and yea.. I did not test fit it because they got painted... I paid $375 for the paint!!! and it's kindah off from my factory paint. they repainted my side skirts too and pair of eyebrows so I think $375 is not that bad.. I hope...
Old 10-01-2005   #7  
Registered!!

soltex has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royando
agree, i buy tons of crap off ebay...NEVER had a problem..and im talking about 1500.00 sound systems..NEVER a problem.. KNOW who you buy from and what the condition is. Ask as many Questions as you need. Ebay is has been awsome to me.
dude, ebay is my best friend, saved tons of money. just gota know what you doing.
soltex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #8  
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
If there not stock fenders
Then there not gunna fit on there like stock just stop cryin about it and y is this topic in the rides
FuzzBeC00L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #9  
Registered!!

LOL same here.. just didn't have any luck lately from ebay.. at first.. I bought this louis vitton bag... that says "authentic".. when I got it.. it wasn't.. and bought some other cheap stuff.. including the fenders.. non of them really satisfy me! oh well.. after putting my fenders and side skirts back on... imma stop right there and start saving up for my G35
Old 10-01-2005   #10  
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
You are unlucky, i buy parts from ebay all the time, and havn't had any problem.
civicvtec1ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #11  
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
i just watch who i buy from i got ripped off by a guy with 100% feedback one time and 2 weeks later he was banned from ebay
Michalo187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #12  
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
That sucks man I buy stuff from e-bay all the time you just have to be aware.
ciVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #13  
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by soltex
dude, ebay is my best friend, saved tons of money. just gota know what you doing.
im an ebay junky

just try to only buy brand name ****.... if you are getting some no name lambo kit it isnt going to be qualtiy(ussually JAP knockoffs)...
but if you find a name brand one on ebay and you get it at a dope price

Last edited by acidbaby; 10-01-2005 at 05:12 AM.
acidbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #14  
Registered!!

03CivicEX4Door is an unknown quantity at this point
got mine from andy's auto sports for $199, steel Z3 fenders and they fit exactally like stock i think extreme dimention's makes them.
03CivicEX4Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #15  
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
ebay blows unless you're into molded toast with jesus on it.
Tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #16  
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
i've boat butt loads of stuff off ebay and haven't had a problem yet
mrDFWmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #17  
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrDFWmechanic
i've boat butt loads of stuff off ebay and haven't had a problem yet
same here, ebay has save me tons of money
IrockCivics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #18  
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
ehh... it's not bad, you jus thave to stick with name brands and make sure you are not getting knock off crap
Jrfish007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #19  
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by soltex
No, Ebay is MY best friend! He's right. I've purchased a lot of things on Ebay. Make sure you read the feedback and item descriptions carefully and you're set!
Mutha Fn FBM 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #20  
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
buying the cheap parts off ebay is like going to pep boys to buy parts.....except on ebay you dont have to duck behind shelves to hide from people you know. lol
spoonEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #21  
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
80% of my mods are from ebay. no, actually, 80% of the things i own are from ebay.
skipbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #22  
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
ebay is good.. just know who ur buying from.. like every1 has said.. make sure its a company..
HondaGuy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #23  
Registered!!

hans is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback

Dont just look at their feedback rating--look to see what the person usually sells. A person who has a 100% rating selling Clothes probably isn't the best person to be buying Car Parts from. (Not saying this was the situation in your case but its something you should consider as well).

eBay has saved me thousands.
hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #24  
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbaby
im an ebay junky

just try to only buy brand name ****.... if you are getting some no name lambo kit it isnt going to be qualtiy(ussually JAP knockoffs)...
but if you find a name brand one on ebay and you get it at a dope price
agree^^ Hell I love ebay
Hayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #25  
Wish I had a Turbo 3)

04|5spdCivic can only hope to improve
yeah man i buy stuff from ebay all the time. always works for me cuz i only buy stuff i know is authentic or is guaranteed.
04|5spdCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #26  
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
just watch what you get off ebay thats all i buy stuff and sell stuff on there all the time.
ajhdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #27  
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
I love ebay, I bought 6 Lacoste polos for 100 bucks and they're original, also bought the angel eye proyector headlamps and fitted perfectly.
boricua_civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #28  
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
ebay is your friend.
D5cIvIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #29  
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
if you buy non stock stuff then don't complain about it not fitting right. obviously its not stock so it won't be perfect. As for the lambo doors, i bought mine from JT auto and my shocks blew out in a week from using it only a couple of times. Sometimes you just get a bad shock, luckily i had a year warranty though. Good luck about your fenders all in all
D5cIvIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005   #30  
Registered!!

well, I guess I'll just try to ignore it eventhough it bothers me coz I paid almost $400 just for the paint.... I will agree, ebay is my friend too lol... thats where I bought my headlights/taillights/eyelids/dash trim and other stuff.. when I just bought some major ones like these ones... I wasn't lucky I guess... I'll stick with this and put my side skirts back on!