Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Might be trading the vic for a...?

Old 09-24-2005
...ever grinning...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JesterMasque is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Might be trading the vic for a...?

So what should I get guys? I'm looking at a max of about $18k.I'd really perfer Honda, but here's what I got it narrowed down to:

2001 - 2004 Honda Civic Si
1997 - Present Honda CRV

I'm sticking with manual trans all the way. Actually, did the CRV ever come with 5 speed? If I remember Edmunds correctly, I think it DID, but not on the new ones.

Anyways, I may not do this, then again I may... But the bottom line is that my car is NOT safe to drive because the frame is tweaked from my curb kiss. I already got a plan to get about $9k for my car trade in no matter where I go (and don't tell me I can't get it, I've gotten $4k for a 93 Bravada with the rear differential busted (only FWD) and a bad motor with 126k and rust everywhere).

I really, really, REALLY want to get the Si, but can anyone tell me problems that people have had with them? Also, if anyone can think of any other IMPORT cars that are hatchback or SUV style that I can get manual trans and still be a newer car that isn't a p.o.s., please feel free to suggest. But it needs to be something that I can carry drum and guitar equipment with. Thanks in advance! I'll rep anyone with useful advice.

Last edited by JesterMasque; 09-24-2005 at 02:06 AM.
Old 09-24-2005
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
echo hatchback?
Old 09-24-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
dude the SI is a freakin skate shoe. its a mini mini van. matrix is a pointiac vibe sister/clone whatever you want to call it. my aunt rolled over a CRV on the highway. over steering. good luck. save up for a 8th gen SI.
Old 09-24-2005
...ever grinning...

Eww... echo.

Meh, I love the Si, but I do agree about the Matrix. Just sumthing seemed like it belonged on the list. But I would totally do the new Civic (just went and looked today), but they have less cargo space then my 02.
Old 09-24-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
mm... Mazda 3.
Old 09-24-2005

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
mm... Mazda 3.
ok im gonna say it. its gonna start a fight but i don't care. mazda 3 = focus hatchback 4 door. POS.
Old 09-24-2005
...ever grinning...

Oh yea! Forgot about them... I drove a Mazdaspeed Protogé one time. Nice *** car. Know anything about the reliability of the 3?
Old 09-24-2005
...ever grinning...

Why you say that Majin? I'm all for Honda too, but I really gotta look at all my options... Cause I hate the 4th, 5th, and 6th gen hatches.
Old 09-24-2005

Originally Posted by JesterMasque
Why you say that Majin? I'm all for Honda too, but I really gotta look at all my options... Cause I hate the 4th, 5th, and 6th gen hatches.
ok i can picture nookiemonster just being pissed at what im about to say but o well.
i hate fords. hate them hate them. ok. and they bought 1/3 of mazda. alot of people argue that it makes no difference in the way mazda and ford operate but this is not true. mazdas have ford motors in them. and vice versa. suspension, motor, trannies. alot. ford is working on a mazda 3 clone right now. mazda 6 is just a taurus. so thats why i would say it. i mean i am all for honda and all. i like toyota. i would drive a buick and a pontiac and some nissans. but i can't do ford and mazda. rx7 or 8 i could work. cause thats all JDM built. and yes, i don't like civic hatches either. they look fat.
Old 09-24-2005
...ever grinning...

*Look of disgust* Ford huh? *shudders* Well, there goes that... Hey, what about Nissan? What utility vehicles do they got (hatches or SUVs)? Something I can get in manual trans and is still sporty looking.

And I love the new Si purely for the front end and the entire interior! ESPECIALLY the shift **** placement! Can't get enough of it's comfort...
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
what about a rsx? isn't that a hatch? or tc/?
Old 09-24-2005
...ever grinning...

Different kind of hatch. I hate to say it... But I'm looking for a wagon or a small SUV *slaps forehead* The xA would be really cool, but it's SOOOOO freaking small and I hate the single gauge in the middle of the dash, so ugly...
Old 09-24-2005

Originally Posted by JesterMasque
Different kind of hatch. I hate to say it... But I'm looking for a wagon or a small SUV *slaps forehead* The xA would be really cool, but it's SOOOOO freaking small and I hate the single gauge in the middle of the dash, so ugly...
subaru forrester. hatch thats fast, fuel efficient and i think the impreza is turboed and intercooled. its also 4 wheel drive. duh its a subaru. lol. xa is ok. xb is nasty looking. you could get an old accord ******* wagon
Old 09-25-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by MajinB
ok im gonna say it. its gonna start a fight but i don't care. mazda 3 = focus hatchback 4 door. POS.
last time I said that, Nookiemonster and Scatman werent too happy.
Ok, in reality, Mazda and Ford may be together, but the Mazda 3 chassis is shared with a Volvo and Europe's Focus, NOT the US Focus. The US Focus still uses pretty much the same chassis as the old US Focus while Europe get a new Focus chassis.

Last edited by CuRiOuSfIsH; 09-25-2005 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-25-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
The only problem I know of with the Si is 3rd gear grind... my brother had this problem with his '02.

As for standard CRV's yes they were/ are made but they are pretty uncommon my Honda dealer said they are pretty much special order so it might be hard to find a used one
Old 09-25-2005
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
yea..Mazda 3 all the way. I just got mine last week and I'm loving it.