Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My car got totaled yesterday....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinkey94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy My car got totaled yesterday....

My car was totaled today. My first car, my project that I put all my time into, worked extra hours to make it my own, my most prized posession, is now sitting in a tow yard, with out a windshield, all smashed up, smoking and bruised, just like me. I'm burnt, brusied, cut up and bloody, but the sight of my car in pieces in the middle of the street bothers me so much more than the blood running down my knee and hand.

I was driving down Main St., minding my own business, when a van turned off a side street to cross traffic, right as I was passing the intersection. I had maybe 5ft to react. A car had been to the right of me turning onto the street the man turned from, he says he didn't see me. And he's a handicapped driver.

They didn't use a flat bed tow truck to haul it away. I wonder how the exhaust faired in the trip. And my back end for that matter, I didn't have a lot of ground clearance when the car was level. I guess it doesn't really matter, since it'd be a miracle if they try to fix it. I'm glad I didn't see it go, as I was enroute to Sacred Heart. A cop came to get my statement as they were taking glass out of my hand. I was not at fault, the other driver got a citation for failure to obey a traffic sign at a controlled intersection. The cop said I did all I could...

So, there goes 2 years of scrimping, of working extra hours, of saving change for new parts so it could look and sound the way I wanted it to. It was so clean; I have more pictues of it than I do of myslef. All the work I did myself, that I was so proud of, is now in little pieces down Main St. The car that held so many memories of makeups and break ups, that I've had to sleep in a few times, that is the reason I met my husband, that was the love of my life is, at this moment, now just another pick-a-part at an auto yard.

Yeah, it was just another Honda, but I loved that car..... R.I.P my little blue 03 civic.
Old 09-25-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
well, glad your okay. Now you can step up to something better.
Old 09-25-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
sorry to hear! Same happened to me except they spend 8k to fix it up and the paint doesn't match. I know how you feel cause I'm the same way always saving up, I've spent thousands of hours on it.
Old 09-25-2005
Eddie is so hot. *sigh* I want him......BAD

dawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant future
Sorry to hear.. at least you are ok.
Old 09-25-2005
The wheel is turning...but the hamster is dead
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to all
sooooo sorry to hear I know I would be heart broken as well if that happened to me! Good luck w/your next project keep us updated
Old 09-25-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
damn that really sucks... atleast you're ok.
Old 09-25-2005
SuperMod a.k.a ~AMG~

AdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond repute
At least you're ok... Doesn't make it any less displeasing, but at least you can pick up and start another project.
Old 09-25-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by R1Style
damn that really sucks... atleast you're ok.

yea the best thing is that ur ok!
Old 09-25-2005
Wish I had a Turbo 3)

04|5spdCivic can only hope to improve
sorry to hear about this. hope it turns out alright. just wait till you get the insurance money. start over with an rsx-s. oh yeah.
Old 09-25-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
damn, that really sucks, but you're ok, maybe now you can buy the new Si :P