Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

rsx HEATED seats in 7thgen???

Old 09-03-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
rsx HEATED seats in 7thgen???

hey guys,

got a quick question. I searched like crazy and couldn't find anything on HEATED seats in 7th gens... just found stuff on regular leathers.

So here's my question. Is it possible to get the heated seats to work in a 7th gen civic? If so, where does the switch go? How do you hook it up?

thanks in advance.
Old 09-03-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
anyone have heated rsx seats in their civics?
Old 09-03-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
I have the canadian heated rsx-s seats in my ride. hooking them up is a pain in the a$$. last year, i searched club rsx like crazy and found that you had to buy some parts from acura and wire them into the civic, then buy the heat seaters sold on clubrsx and wire them to the stock parts that the acura already has. you have to get schematics and relays and all that b.s., i sourced a VW Passat switch for it and started to work on things but then it got way out of hand.

best advice - dont bother, lol. plus i moved to florida - so f* it.
Old 09-03-2005
Boredom causes changes ;)

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Canadian RSX-S seats are the only ones with the heated option to my knowledge.

And yes..

I'm going to quote what 909 wrote to me in a pm about wiring them up .. I don't know all the details/if everything is 100% proper, because well I was more hands off on the wiring install But if you want more information, hit me back and I'll try getting it for you.

Originally Posted by 909
It's extremly easy to hook up the seat heaters. I'll try to keep it as simple as possible so as not to cause any confusion. If you need more details, feel free to ask me to elaborate. Bear in mind this is all off memory, so if there are any inconsistancies let me know.

On the underside of the seat you will find 3 plugs.

One is yellow and leads to the Side SRS on the side bolster. Mark it and leave it alone.

Two plugs should remain.

One goes to the bum heater, the other goes to the lower back heater.

On each plug there will be two wires. One is pos, one is neg.

If you group wires, make sure they have similar shielding.

I simply cut the plug, and exposed the bare wire.

Added a length of wire. You can solder if you you have an iron. Or you can buy those crimp on ones from Canadian Tire. In either case, the purpose is just to add a length of wire.

What wire to buy? Wire is wire... and at 12V it shouldn't matter too much as long as its the same or slightly larger than the stock wire.

Tap it to a 12V source. If you pull on your 12V Acc jack panel there is a perfect spot. Just splice the stock connection, and tap there.

To splice, just carefully remove the wire shielding, exposing the bare wire. Take your new wire and wrap it around the exposed stock wiring. Seal the connection with electrical tape. Should end up with a "y" looking connection.

You can add a Switch anywhere along the negative side of the line (from the seat to the neg @ power source).
Old 09-03-2005
Registered!!

COWSskateGOOD will become famous soon enough
Never saw the purpose in heated seats... but then again, for years I drove a 1984 Econoline Van....
Old 09-03-2005
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by COWSskateGOOD
Never saw the purpose in heated seats... but then again, for years I drove a 1984 Econoline Van....
Heated seats are nice up here in the north. But I have an EL. Trust..in the winters they work..or when you have a hottie..somehow its like a seduction tool.
Old 09-04-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by RangerMan
Heated seats are nice up here in the north. But I have an EL. Trust..in the winters they work..or when you have a hottie..somehow its like a seduction tool.

hahaha i use to have heated seats in the celica and my gf loved it!

thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it.
Old 09-04-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
i've thought about this for a while now. i have rsx leather as well, and its almost that time of the year, when its going to be a bitch to get in side my car in 30 degree weather... remote start won't do it.

i've thought about buying this http://www.heatedseatkits.com/products.php

$80/seat. i think its sweet, and might work. anyone try it?
Old 09-05-2005
Registered!!

thw_goalie is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought my car this summer, so I haven't really had any chance to use the heated seats in my EL, but how can I check to see if they're working other than turning them on? I've turned the heated seat switch on and didn't really notice anything, but I'm hoping it was just because it was too warm outside to notice anything.

Also, on my EL, there's two ways you can push the switch in. Anyone know what these two settings do?
Old 09-05-2005
Registered!!

^^ hi heat and low heat.

Sweeteli99 - i know wut you're talking about.. i've read up how to install those. Seems like a pain in the ***.. check out this link.

http://www.ivtecdaily.com/rsx/mods/seatHeaters.html
Old 09-05-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
dang, thanks for the link, i'm still going to try and do this. its going to be a bitch in the winter lol.
Old 09-05-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
i just have non-heated but the headed option on clubrsx.com would be like $200 something for the 2 seats. not bad.
Old 09-06-2005
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
So has anyone succefully done this? I am thinking about getting the stock rsx switch from honda and trying to get wiring harnesses from them also. If that doesnt work then I will have to splice. But does anyone know the easiest way to get them to work?
Old 09-06-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
i know someone here has but i have no idea who. what is the big problem?
Just get the switch, and heaters and mod that switch panel somewhere to mount it and wire it up with your own wires. its not hard. if you dont feel like running a wire from the fuse box to get switched power, wire right off the battery but through a relay switched on via the cig lighter wires or the HU wires (switched, not constant)
did that make sense? If not ask and I can make a complete wiring diagram for you like later tonight (midnight EST). till then im off to go to work and go over a friend's house. just reply here if you want it.

yes, relays are a pain in the butt to wire and are expensive but they can really simplify this install and NOT draw power from any other fused power sources in the car. i.e. it has its own dedicated power wires.
Old 09-06-2005
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
the thing is my seats already have heaters and the wiring. I have 2005 rsx seats and one plug is for the srs airbags, and 2 others were used with my stock wiring for the seatbelt etc. There are two harnesses left and one of them has 4 wires and the other has 2 i think. Im not sure what one is for the heated seats.
Old 09-06-2005

i dont know the actual wiring of the seat heaters i was just going to show him how to get the power to them.
Old 09-06-2005
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Yah i already know how to get a power source thats not a problem...im just wondering if anyone know about the harnesses for the 05
Old 09-06-2005

oh well i cant help you there. i can only help you get an easy setup for switched power.