Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Rear window/defroster replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
Angry Rear window/defroster replacement?

I was having someone take the glue off my rear window/winshield (I dont know the proper term) from having to remove my tint and the bastard scrapped off the top 3 or 4 lines on my rear defroster and now the tops couple dont work but the rest do. The thing is I cant see the cars behind me very well w/o bending down to look and my spoiler is kinda in the way so I really need the top ones to work.

I searched "rear window" and "rear windshield" and found nothing so far... I also did the Majestic and the cheapestautoparts.com searches and they only had the front windows and not the rear one.

Another thing that I heard was i could just buy some sort of metallic paint and just redo the lines of the defroster where is was scrapped off.

Thanks 4 ur help! I would like to fix it if possiable cuz I dont wanna spend $400+ and install ontop of that, 4 a new one.
Old 08-29-2005
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
yeah there is this stuff you can paint on to your window to reconnect the lines. 90% of the time it dont work. but i guess its worth a shot? how was he takin the tint off? with a razor? all you got to do is peel alittle corner then pull. as long as your tint wasnt dry rotted you should have gotten it off in one peice. the glue would come off with like windex cause of the anomia in it. if that paint stuff dont work, have they person who ****ed it up replace the rear window.
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
I took the tint off and it did just peel off... but it was the glue/adheasive that he was taking off with windex and a razor.

I went to a tint shop and asked a guy how to take off the glue and he said " a razor blade and windex".

So when I was at work I asked my friend to do it cuz he said that he as b4 and he ended up stripping the defroster! I heard that the paint stuff didnt work that well I was just lookin 4 other opinions.

DO u know a site to get the rear window from?
Old 08-29-2005
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
no clue. go to a local glass place. get a good quality aftermarket one. prolly spend like 250 with install or something like that. i replaced my windshield 2 days after getting my car (frikkin rocks!) and it only ran me 190 with install. so just break open the yellowpages or go to yellowpages.com and look for auto glass places.