coloring the brake light on spoiler??? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2005   #1
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about
coloring the brake light on spoiler???

Hey guys,
I was just wondering... I've now twice seen two SSM civics with their third brake light on the spoiler tinted/vinyled/painted to match the SSM paint on the rest of the car. I was just wondering (a) does anyone have that on their car, and (b) is it vinyl or tint? you can still see the light when the person brakes.

THanks

Joe
lewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #2
Registered!!

cbags05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that legal?
cbags05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #3
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about
probably not... but i don't think it'd be something police would get you for, because it still lights up pretty well during the day time
Old 08-25-2005   #4
There is [email protected] in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
If its on the spoiler then i couldn't see it being illegal, cause if you had a spoiler with no brake light then it would practically be the same.
drew22mader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #5
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
exturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #6
Registered!!

Berg_Tomaru is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO better keep it stock
Berg_Tomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #7
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
yeah, i would keep it stock too.
Al Gore FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #8
Registered!!

cbags05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well of course common sense says "third brake light...kinda redundant...who cares".

But our government....

I'd leave it stock though...don't you want it to match your other lights?
cbags05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #9
Registered!!

I dunno, I thought it looked nice... like during the day time, it looks cleaner in the sense that the spoiler is consistently one color
Old 08-26-2005   #10
Premium Member

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
my third brake light doesnt work
speedracersong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #11
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
maybe it was just an aftermarket spoiler with no brake light.
R1Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #12
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
wow reading owns everyone. First, he said it looks colored during the day but still lights up. That means its tinted. And if you can still see the light from all those leds behind it, then its legal. Go buy some tint spray and try it out if you want. Nothing wrong with doing it.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #13
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
^^^lol

If it was color matched then it was probably vinyl with tiny pin holes in it. I had this on my bike....it looks color matched from a distance but light still shines through it.
R1Style is offline   Reply With Quote