Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

So Some Idiot Hit My Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005
Stop f*cking with me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grumble is an unknown quantity at this point
So Some Idiot Hit My Car

I was at work the other day and while I was there, some douche backed into my car, ruining the bumber, grill, and hood, and reducing them to scrap. So now, I have to replace all those parts. The ****er, took off, whithout so much as a note, and my job won't authorize the viewing of the security tapes unless I get a supina from court. So basically, all repairs come out of MY pocket. Messed up. My question is, what would be the better choice: buying an OEM hood, painting it, and replacing it; or buy a carbon fiber hood as is, and just slap that on there.... I have an 04' LX, so I'm not sure if there are any carbon fiber hood available, unless i'm mistaken. What do you guys think?
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
If you were planning on going w/ a carbon fiber hood anyways you might as well get it now. If not then you might be able to find a used hood for cheap. But im not sure how messed up your hood is so if it's not too bad just get it fixed.
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

Narfcake is an unknown quantity at this point
Have a talk with your boss, or if that fails, your boss' boss regarding the security tapes. Perhaps you can't view them all yourself, but if they gave any damn about their employees, they would help you in what I see as a pretty minor way.

How bad is it anyways? Bumper scratches can be repaired (filled/smoothed). Grill ... if it's still intact, zip tie it back in place; otherwise find someone selling an OEM for cheap or pick up an aftermarket for like $20. Hood ... how bad? They're soft for a reason (anti-intrusion, pedestrian safety, price), which yields a corollary that they aren't that tough to bend back either.

-- Kane
Old 08-04-2005
Stop f*cking with me.

The hood's pretty bad. It's crunched up in the front, too much according to some of my friends to get fixed. I know it was a lifted truck that hit me. There's a fat tow-hitch imprint on my bumber and hood. So I have to get it replaced. So how could i save more money... byt buying and OEM hood, or an aftermarket carbon hood?
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

asian is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you should try to get a look at the security tape and call the cops on the person and get him for a hit and run. He should pay for his mistake not you.
Old 08-04-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
u can fix anything...but sometimes it costs more to fix than to get a new one...a cf hood would cost u 350 from vis while an oem one painted would cost u about 450-500...(i know i had to replace mine but didnt have choice of cf for my 04
Old 08-04-2005
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
yah, f paying for it.. call the cops or talk to a judge or attorney.. fight hard enough and you'll get the tape.
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
damn, thats horrible
Old 08-05-2005
Stop f*cking with me.

So here's a pic just in case you guys were curious. This sucks
Old 08-05-2005

edicivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
get the tape, make sure that idiot gets his payback.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
Damn, thats messed up. I agree with everyone else, try ur hardest to get those tapes b/c thats pretty much ur only way to save money. Doesn't ur insurance cover that? My insurance covers basically anything that happens in a parking lot as long as I am parked legally and I didnt coz it to happen.