Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

modding car even you dont own it yet?

Old 08-05-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by CLOVERVICRACER
......i just discussed this with my dealership and fact is pretty much anything can void your warranty . intakes, exhaust, lowering, rims.....if they want to be dicks and theres a possibilty that the mod could have casued the problem, your warranty is garbage. kinda sucks.
This is an archaic way of thinking, something that probably was true 30 years ago but the Magnuson Moss Act (search around for specifics) came into effect long long ago, and has been protecting smart tuners for years. You only void warranty on specific parts/systems that you modify or replace, or if the part or system you modified can be directly linked to the problem you're trying to claim warranty repair on. And the onus is on them to prove that your new exhaust caused your shocks to blow, for example. I've gone to bat for several friends at their dealerships because they were denied warranty claims of this nature. Just about everyone got the warranty work done gratis (the way it should be). The worst deal we got was my own - I had to pay the dealer $50 to remove and reinstall my floor bar because it was in the way of their repairing my busted gas door release cable. The cable and its labour were written off on warranty without TOO much protest. Since then my dealership has gotten even MORE performance-oriented, opening a speed shop in their service area and selling aftermarket parts like exhaust, suspension, even FI. And they are the first to say that if the part itself (installed by them or not) didn't cause the problem, then the warranty isn't void.

All that said, I'd say (to D17thgen) that your parents are trying to keep you from modding the car. And really you don't have any rights to that until the car is in your name and it's your moola that's keeping it on the road and out of the repo man's hands. My parents did that to me too many many years ago - so I bought my own car.
Old 08-05-2005
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ very well said...
Old 08-05-2005
Bush fu(king party,mother fu(king hand job.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Teh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to all
Originally Posted by claudeboi
^^^ very well said...
That's cause TeLLy is the modding guru.
Old 08-05-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
my car is leased and after my accident with it my parents told me i HAVE to buy the car..... so after that i started modding the crap outta it since its gonna be mine anyway
Old 08-05-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
moving to members rides talk
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

technick03 is an unknown quantity at this point
d17thgen, why are you such a retard ??? people make the stupidest remarks on this site sometimes. "will the bank take my car away if it's modded?" do you honestly think EVERYONE on this site has their car paid off ????? NO . . . so that means that the bank/financer owns it ! ! ! I think even my little sister knows that answer to your ? and she is only 16, sorry to vent, but think before you post something.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
lol, gtfo

and talking about stupid remarks... "why are you such a retard ???" haha
and yes, i read few threads in the past couple months being here where members of THIS SITE were happy because they paid off there civic entirely.

otherwise, i didnt know ! ! !

ps: would your 16 y/o sister happen to know she has a older brother thats a jerk?
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

technick03 is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought it was common sense that you could do anything to a car unless it is leased, which you could still mod, but it would be like modding a rent-a-car. I bet maybe 10% of the people on this site have thier 7th gens paid off !! I'm not trying to be a jerk, just thought it was common sense, like Telly said, your parents probably don't want you to mod your car, sooo . . . . . . deal with it if they are making the payments . . I guess !
Old 08-05-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
agreed... Never heard of them going after anyone. Also do you trully believe the ecu in the 7thgen can do that

The only car that can record stuff like top speed, g's pulled, oil tempature, brake temprature, tire pressure, tranmission temprature availible in the US is a corvette c5/c6
All this data is cleared each time you restart the car anyways.

Even BMws and audi's only record mechanical failings..they dont monitor how fast you drive or how many G's you pull!

All bullshit..just straight BS
Its more electrical failure more than mechanical my friend