Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My poor car.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
My poor car.

So i was getting off the highway and merging. the person in front of me yeilded and so did i. no one was coming so the guy goes and a couple seconds later i went, all of a sudden he hits the brakes and comes to a stop and as im pulling out i rear end him. WTF why would you stop when there is no one in front of you. for no reaon. yeah i know its amy fault but dam.

so his car is fine, my car i need as new front bumper, right head light, hood. no sure what else yet. cant get the hood open.

anyways, i go to the guy to see if he is ok, and he telling me his cest hurts. so im like F***, i said to the 78 year old guy WTF you were wearing your seat belt. then called 911.

poilce came told them what happened, paromdics came, they said the guy was ok, hed me fine, no internal bleed or **** like that. they said i will be fine. nothing wrong with me. i didnt get a ticket, cop said i should get one but sincew he wasnt wearing his seat belt he wont give me one at all for anything.

NOw insurance time. tommrow pics.
Old 07-21-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
wtf? your logic fails you.

the 78 year old guy is wearing a seat belt, but the cop doesn't give you a ticket because the cop isn't wearing his belt?

anyways, good luck with the car. accidents suck.
Old 07-21-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
can fight this one.. If hes an old man 80+ tell the insurence company everything that happened. Its going to be a hard battle and most likely you will loose. 99 percent of the time you rear end someone its your fualt =/ I know it sucks. Best luck man, hope your rates don't go up much
Old 07-21-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by infinite012
wtf? your logic fails you.

the 78 year old guy is wearing a seat belt, but the cop doesn't give you a ticket because the cop isn't wearing his belt?

anyways, good luck with the car. accidents suck.

the 78 year old guy was not wearing a seat belt.
Old 07-21-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
can fight this one.. If hes an old man 80+ tell the insurence company everything that happened. Its going to be a hard battle and most likely you will loose. 99 percent of the time you rear end someone its your fualt =/ I know it sucks. Best luck man, hope your rates don't go up much

yeah i know its my fault, just hope for the best.
Old 07-21-2005
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Hmmm.... people do this kind of thing to get insurance money. It's bad in CALI because you are automatically hosed if you as much as touch someone's rear bumper. So all they do is slam on the brakes in front of someone. Course, the guy may also be at a point where he should NOT be driving, period. Like the 80some year old man that mowed down a block full of people and never attempted to stop. Fortunately he DID go to prison after multiple manslaughter, but he almost got off the hook because he was "such a nice old man, he didn't mean it". He has no business driving if his mind is no longer fully lucid.

Be careful out there.

Good luck to you. I'd ask to have the guy tested for proper driving/decision making ability. There are way to many fossils out there that slide by on pure luck because the DMV just renews the license forever. Half of them are damn near blind, and the other half are mentally "slow". Age sucks, I agree, but people should be re-tested every 10 years at least. Insurance should take this into account. I'd scream and fight like hell.
Old 07-21-2005
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
i think at age 60 you should HAVE to be retested. and then every 5 eyars there after

too many old people driving half the speed limit. stoppign short.. running stop signs in front of you etc.. i think is BS

but yeah say u want the guy tested as he was driving speratically..

and lotsa people do that jsut for the insurance..
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
At least everyone is ok..So was there any damage to the other guy's car?
Old 07-22-2005
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ciVictoria
so his car is fine
Old 07-22-2005
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
same **** happened to me..but in the rain and stupid 17yr old caused a 5 car pileup..i was the last..had to pay for my own repair..bumper of this 15 yr old car was fine...but no one ****in braked in mine but car 1 car 3 and me..2nd car caused mine...good luck with the repair..i got 2 places i will trust..in tomsriver both in south part though..pm me if u want them..u can prob get a c/f hood outta the deal too
Old 07-22-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by paradoxblue
i think at age 60 you should HAVE to be retested. and then every 5 eyars there after

too many old people driving half the speed limit. stoppign short.. running stop signs in front of you etc.. i think is BS

but yeah say u want the guy tested as he was driving speratically..

and lotsa people do that jsut for the insurance..

^ yah exactly what he said.. those people are more or as dangerous as the other aggressive daily drivers!!
Good luck with the fight!!
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

mkingk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Try and make it his fault because of insurance fraud
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tinman
Hmmm.... people do this kind of thing to get insurance money. It's bad in CALI because you are automatically hosed if you as much as touch someone's rear bumper. So all they do is slam on the brakes in front of someone. Course, the guy may also be at a point where he should NOT be driving, period. Like the 80some year old man that mowed down a block full of people and never attempted to stop. Fortunately he DID go to prison after multiple manslaughter, but he almost got off the hook because he was "such a nice old man, he didn't mean it". He has no business driving if his mind is no longer fully lucid.

Be careful out there.

Good luck to you. I'd ask to have the guy tested for proper driving/decision making ability. There are way to many fossils out there that slide by on pure luck because the DMV just renews the license forever. Half of them are damn near blind, and the other half are mentally "slow". Age sucks, I agree, but people should be re-tested every 10 years at least. Insurance should take this into account. I'd scream and fight like hell.
Thanks! Yeah i agree with everyone so far about have to be retested once you hit a certain age. I live in a town with 10+ old poeple villages and its funny, when your driving and your near there villages they have like 5 0r 6 traffic lights for them. like WTF if you need that many then GTF off the road. Well once i get the poilce report will see what happenes and if this guy sues me.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ciVictoria

Ofcourse not, he was driving a 85 buick. Freakin things are built like tanks, my car got messed up thou.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tuner04civic
same **** happened to me..but in the rain and stupid 17yr old caused a 5 car pileup..i was the last..had to pay for my own repair..bumper of this 15 yr old car was fine...but no one ****in braked in mine but car 1 car 3 and me..2nd car caused mine...good luck with the repair..i got 2 places i will trust..in tomsriver both in south part though..pm me if u want them..u can prob get a c/f hood outta the deal too
well pm me with the places and ill see if they are on the list that my insurance company gave me. yeah i want a CF hood. black with red wooven in it. bumper and headlights i could care less.

Hope it does not delay my turbo install.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Thanks everyone for there thought and whatnot!!
Old 07-22-2005
My Baby Daddy

PlasmaGT is on a distinguished road
Where in Jersey did this happen? They've been putting up a bunch of those 55+ developments by me.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

ok, well this happened in edison. but i live in Brick.

i was getting off 287 exit 2 going towards the honda dealership just built. right at the yield sign.
Old 07-22-2005
I am your Mom's Hero!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
Sounds almost like a jacked up set-up...like others said to get money...good luck with everything!!!