--Post a PIC of your Carbon Fiber Parts-- 56k ownage - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2005   #1
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Arrow --Post a PIC of your Carbon Fiber Parts-- 56k ownage

Like the title says post your Carbon Fiber Hood and list what brand it is
Just curious to see how many people have them... I've been seeing a lot on this site so post them up!!

Heres mine its a Seibon OEM style...

and VIS trunk

Last edited by Hayz; 02-15-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Hayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #2
This cost me 1500 points

beastiek2 is an unknown quantity at this point

VIS
beastiek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #3
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Nice hood

Last edited by exturbo6; 07-22-2005 at 07:55 AM.
exturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #4
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
beastiek2...how much for your hood and where did you order it from?...been looking for one and i was deciding between the invader and oem styles..
tuningmycivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #5

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Hell yeah ...nice hoods. Hey Hayz, I just had a vision!...
cubanmike26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #6
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Kaminari Hood

CarbonFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #7
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
hmm looks like oem? I thought kaminari had that big scoop in the middle.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #8

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox
hmm looks like oem? I thought kaminari had that big scoop in the middle.
Kaminari makes 2 versions.

OEM and the one with the big scoop in the middle.
Old 07-18-2005   #9
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ah cool oem is better anyway. Hayz, no hood pins for you? Does that brand not need em or you just taking a chance?
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #10
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox
ah cool oem is better anyway. Hayz, no hood pins for you? Does that brand not need em or you just taking a chance?
I'm just using the factory latch right now it feels strong I heard this brand didn't need them thats one of the reasons why I bought Seibon... so I guess I'm taking a chance hope it doesn't come back on me...."knock on wood"
Old 07-18-2005   #11

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
You meant kaminari style w/ the body right? hmmm...I thought that was JDM Type R..
I agree with the pins, it emphasizes the hood and protects it.
Old 07-18-2005   #12
Registered!!

Has anybody had any problems with the hood cracking or turning brown??
Old 07-18-2005   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanmike26
You meant kaminari style w/ the body right? hmmm...I thought that was JDM Type R..
ummmm......no. My hood was made by KAMINARI.
Old 07-18-2005   #14

or flying away because of no pins?
Old 07-18-2005   #15

you wrote:...ummmm......no. My hood was made by KAMINARI.no

lol...no...I meant Hayz body, wait...this is getting confusing...lol
Old 07-18-2005   #16
Registered!!

lol yeah it is..... does the hood latch break off cause it feels strong?
Old 07-18-2005   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanmike26
lol...no...I meant Hayz body, wait...this is getting confusing...lol
Dude, we are talking about hoods here. Not bodykits. Gearbox was asking about my hood not Hayz body kit.
Old 07-18-2005   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayz
lol yeah it is..... does the hood latch break off cause it feels strong?
The hood latch will eventually go bad. Mine did. I think it is because of the lightweight of the hood. When you get on the highway, all of the wind gets under it and starts to make it lift up. This wears on the latch.

Quite a number of members who were not using hood pins have had their hoods fly up at high speeds. Learn from their mistakes or you might have one of your own.
Old 07-18-2005   #19
Registered!!

damn well thanks for the heads up
Old 07-18-2005   #20
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
cant put pic up but look at my icon ...invader style
tuner04civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #21
Titanium Metallic. You got a problem with that?

Nodnero has a spectacular aura aboutNodnero has a spectacular aura about
Here are 2 VIS hoods -

From the top view

2 hoods from very left
Nodnero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #22
Registered!!

TanG is an unknown quantity at this point
Would like to see black cars with carbon fiber hoods. Curious to know how it looks.
TanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #23
Registered!!

gaugeof12 has a spectacular aura aboutgaugeof12 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonFly
The hood latch will eventually go bad. Mine did. I think it is because of the lightweight of the hood. When you get on the highway, all of the wind gets under it and starts to make it lift up. This wears on the latch.

Quite a number of members who were not using hood pins have had their hoods fly up at high speeds. Learn from their mistakes or you might have one of your own.

Other than the latch breaking, I have also heard of the carbon fiber seperating from the skeleton underneath.
gaugeof12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #24

vietstylez will become famous soon enough

VIS.. i've been up to 120 without problems, latch has been strong so far.. i hate the look of hood pins
vietstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #25
This cost me 1500 points

beastiek2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by exturbo6
shouldnt this be in the memeber ride section? Nice hoods thou!!

With the carbon fiber trunk and shipping total came to 900$.
beastiek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #26
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietstylez
VIS.. i've been up to 120 without problems, latch has been strong so far.. i hate the look of hood pins
yeah I hate the look too I think it looks clean without the pins....
Old 07-19-2005   #27
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
hood flying up without hood pins = urban myth. I've never actually heard of it happening to a forum member ...

I don't think cf hoods need hood pins ... I've been running my no-name brand cf hood almost a year without any problems
aznboysrfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #28
Registered!!

ironcow is on a distinguished road
i love carbon fiber, but it just doesnt do it for me on a black car, and my car is black
ironcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #29
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayz
I'm just using the factory latch right now it feels strong I heard this brand didn't need them thats one of the reasons why I bought Seibon... so I guess I'm taking a chance hope it doesn't come back on me...."knock on wood"
i got the Siebon hood, and dont have pins installed, not a problem from mine, and no other problems.

Injen
injencivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #30
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by injencivic
i got the Siebon hood, and dont have pins installed, not a problem from mine, and no other problems.

Injen
sweet are you not goin to post a pic?