--Post a PIC of your Carbon Fiber Parts-- 56k ownage - Page 3 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2005   #61  
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

seibon OEM style.. i have hayame gunmetal hood pins.. just not in this pic..

i also have accord EBP washer nozzles (exactly like gearbox's, but EBP instead) on the hood.. got 'em from majestic honda..
xRiCeBoYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #62  
Registered!!

ale007civicdx will become famous soon enough
i had a Cf hood until it flew off on the 5 freeway going about 115 !!!! it was a bust !! lost the hood, cracked windshield and dented roof!!!
ale007civicdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #63  
Registered!!

the hood i had was a VIS hood, it had a hood latch but i didnt have pins cause i hate the look of pins ...
Old 07-20-2005   #64  
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale007civicdx
the hood i had was a VIS hood, it had a hood latch but i didnt have pins cause i hate the look of pins ...

so was it wortht he look?
paradoxblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #65  
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx

seibon OEM style.. i have hayame gunmetal hood pins.. just not in this pic..

i also have accord EBP washer nozzles (exactly like gearbox's, but EBP instead) on the hood.. got 'em from majestic honda..

love it!
the head light covers? they look like for an 04/05 to me.. WHERE did you get them

if they are for 04
paradoxblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005   #66  
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
nw i dont get why it would fly off...the latch is just like the stock one...i know pins may help to hold...but should the hood hold enough
tuner04civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #67  
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale007civicdx
was your hood latched and locked down properly? ... I used to have a VIS hood w/ hood pins and it was very difficult getting it to lock properly on the latch.
aznboysrfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #68  
Registered!!

it was latched properly but i think the problem was that i didnt have a grill so all the air would go in and want to puch the light cf hood off......
Old 07-21-2005   #69  
Registered!!

elitecivicex01 will become famous soon enoughelitecivicex01 will become famous soon enough
Arrow

idk what is it exactly...but i paid 100 bucks for it AS-IS so im not complaining. its some sort of "vented-style" hood with a red/clearcoat over it and painted sides. its not 1/2 bad looking and definitely unique...but if i had the money and a bodyshop had the talent id go back to sexy blk cf with retouched and painted sides. hotttness!

i might be happy with an oem hood and oem trunk tho...if money grew on trees of course
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01691EDIT.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	57257   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01654EDIT.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	57258   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01688EDIT.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	57259   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01761EDIT.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	57260  
elitecivicex01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #70  
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light
here is my vis racing oem hood & trunk

Last edited by DaRk_MauL; 07-21-2005 at 06:49 AM.
DaRk_MauL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #71  
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
^^ damn looks great in the first pic..
HondaGuy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #72  

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Guys, the thing with the hoods flying off imo comes down to simple math and physics...
A stock hood weights way more than a CF one, we all know that...I'm sure Honda found the right combination between weight and wind resistance to make it safe enough that the OEM hoods would have no problems when going at high speeds(100m/ph+), but what happens when you have a light hood? Simple, a lot less wind resistance, specially since it sometimes doesn't fit as the OEM one leaving gaps in the front for more air to rush in to the engine compartment, not to mention that many ppl take off the their grills as well(which even when full of holes offers some wind resistance). Have you ever rode around 70-80mph with your hand outside the window, a lot of air resistance right?, and that's just your hand, now imagine the size of a hood receiving that much air, it's like a kite just waiting to take off.
Almost all, if not every single motorsport vehicle out there has pins on their hoods; maybe that should tell you something.

Last edited by cubanmike26; 07-21-2005 at 10:33 AM.
cubanmike26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #73  
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
^ wth? ... an oem hood has the same chance of flying off as a cf one at high speeds. yes, the cf one is much lighter and isn't perfectly made, but you really don't need hood pins.

if you take off your grill, wind resistance on the hood will be the same with the oem as the cf one.

btw, I took off my grill over a year ago.
Old 07-21-2005   #74  
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
BKNW C style scoop hood.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2044756_5_full.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	57267   Click image for larger version

Name:	2044756_4_full.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	57268  
xX03EXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #75  

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
^ wth? ... an oem hood has the same chance of flying off as a cf one at high speeds. yes, the cf one is much lighter and isn't perfectly made, but you really don't need hood pins.

if you take off your grill, wind resistance on the hood will be the same with the oem as the cf one.

btw, I took off my grill over a year ago.
Maybe you haven't driven crazy/fast enough to make that happen...hopefully you won't...

I have never seen or heard of a stock hood flying off because of going at high speeds, unless it was because it was damaged or not properly closed.
Old 07-21-2005   #76  
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

^ I've driven fast enough when I had my turbo. I dunno if you define driving 120 as crazy speeds or not.
Old 07-21-2005   #77  
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanmike26
I have never seen or heard of a stock hood flying off because of going at high speeds, unless it was because it was damaged or not properly closed.

Yesterday, I saw one of the 3 MKIV Supra's in town going down the by-pass(approx. 65-70mph) and his hood wasn't properly latched. I wasn't too concerned because it was the ugly supra(baby blue with pink and purple sparkles).
stinkypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #78  
Eddie is so hot. *sigh* I want him......BAD

dawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant future
Dont have one close up..
dawn01civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
^ I've driven fast enough when I had my turbo. I dunno if you define driving 120 as crazy speeds or not.

To each its own I guess. All I'm saying is why risk it when you know it could happen...
Old 07-21-2005   #80  
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
so would you reccomend a hood latch like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Old 07-21-2005   #81  
spell check pwns you

Old 07-21-2005   #82  

Hmm...I like the Hayame ones. I bet they'd look nice w/ that color. I guess as long as they are good quality pins, all would serve the same purpose...unless you want to go w/ a "brand name".
Yes, I would recommend pins.
Old 07-21-2005   #83  
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
I never thought this would turn in to a hood pin debate? ohhh well I think I might get some better safe then sorry i guess...
Hayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005   #84  
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
post them up

Last edited by Hayz; 07-23-2005 at 10:36 PM.
Hayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005   #85  
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light
some nice carbon shining ,thought why not take some new pics

DaRk_MauL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #86  
Registered!!

kwAdRnt is an unknown quantity at this point
yo dark maul, what kind of taillights are those, they are different from the 05's in that they have the clear strip next to clear circle reverse lights
kwAdRnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #87  
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
yumiie
zachgeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #88  
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwAdRnt
yo dark maul, what kind of taillights are those, they are different from the 05's in that they have the clear strip next to clear circle reverse lights

they are the europeon lights.. he is from belgium..
HondaGuy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #89  
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwAdRnt
he has UKDM tails. but thats a given, seeing he is from belgium...
Caucasian.Asian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #90  
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy12
they are the europeon lights.. he is from belgium..
you beat me.
Caucasian.Asian is offline   Reply With Quote