I need HELP!!! - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2005   #1  
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
I need HELP!!!

Sup peeps,

well i need help; ever since i got my dc sports tcs2 catback, it has been hitting my Progress rear anti-sway bar. So i had to replace it with my OEM sway which sucks compeltly in handling... Anyways do you guys have any ideas as to how i can get the exhaust to stop hitting the sway bar or somehow reduce the noise from the exhaust hitting the bar?

Thanks,

Injen
injencivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005   #2  
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
I just lowered my sway bar as low as it would go.. BTW I got greys endlinks. But it still hits.. I think the only way to stop it would be to get the hangers raised, or bend the exhaust pipe.
Blahman240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005   #3  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
thermotec exhaust wrap. Put some where it hits. I'll even send you some in an envelope for a few bucks if you want.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005   #4  
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
I thought of that idea... Never actually did it yet... lol.
Blahman240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005   #5  
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya i got too lazy and it stopped rattling in the summer.
Old 07-11-2005   #6  
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox
thermotec exhaust wrap. Put some where it hits. I'll even send you some in an envelope for a few bucks if you want.

how much or where could i get it from?

Injen
Old 07-11-2005   #7  
Premium Member

summit racing main store when I went home to nevada. Prolly could order online too. Its thick so it should stop rattle. Paid around $10 for small role.
Old 07-11-2005   #8  
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
I just took off one of the rubber hangers in the rear and let it hang, it moves a bit but not much dosent hit the rear lip or anything...easy fix.
XTREME2K2CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005   #9  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTREME2K2CIVIC
I just took off one of the rubber hangers in the rear and let it hang, it moves a bit but not much dosent hit the rear lip or anything...easy fix.

quick fix yes, but safe fix? IDK.

Injen
Old 07-12-2005   #10  
Premium Member

ya i wouldn't do that. Actaully after driving on some rough roads, i was surprised that one hanger had come loose on its own and was barely hangin on. At least if one goes you have the other. You could do zipties as a safer fix to raise it up so you have the hangers there in case they fail.
Old 07-13-2005   #11  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox
ya i wouldn't do that. Actaully after driving on some rough roads, i was surprised that one hanger had come loose on its own and was barely hangin on. At least if one goes you have the other. You could do zipties as a safer fix to raise it up so you have the hangers there in case they fail.

actually i tried zipties lol, i thought it was a stupid idea but at least i didnt think of it alone...

I have been talking to R1Style and i think we are just gonna swap my 22mm bar and his 19mm bar. Think i will have problems out of the 19mm?

Injen
Old 07-13-2005   #12  
Premium Member

i have the rsx bar and get rattle in the winter. seems gone but i'm sure it'll come back. Just try the wrap.
Old 07-13-2005   #13  
Registered!!

ok thanks for the help man, i am sure if i get the 19mm and it still makes noise the wrap will solve the problem

Injen