Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   I need HELP!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/219223-i-need-help.html)

injencivic 07-09-2005 07:04 PM

I need HELP!!!

Sup peeps,

well i need help; ever since i got my dc sports tcs2 catback, it has been hitting my Progress rear anti-sway bar. So i had to replace it with my OEM sway which sucks compeltly in handling... Anyways do you guys have any ideas as to how i can get the exhaust to stop hitting the sway bar or somehow reduce the noise from the exhaust hitting the bar?

Thanks,

Injen

Blahman240 07-09-2005 08:39 PM

I just lowered my sway bar as low as it would go.. BTW I got greys endlinks. But it still hits.. I think the only way to stop it would be to get the hangers raised, or bend the exhaust pipe.

gearbox 07-09-2005 09:25 PM

thermotec exhaust wrap. Put some where it hits. I'll even send you some in an envelope for a few bucks if you want.

Blahman240 07-09-2005 10:47 PM

I thought of that idea... Never actually did it yet... lol.

gearbox 07-09-2005 11:38 PM

ya i got too lazy and it stopped rattling in the summer.

injencivic 07-11-2005 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
thermotec exhaust wrap. Put some where it hits. I'll even send you some in an envelope for a few bucks if you want.

how much or where could i get it from?

Injen

gearbox 07-11-2005 09:50 PM

summit racing main store when I went home to nevada. Prolly could order online too. Its thick so it should stop rattle. Paid around $10 for small role.

XTREME2K2CIVIC 07-11-2005 10:19 PM

I just took off one of the rubber hangers in the rear and let it hang, it moves a bit but not much dosent hit the rear lip or anything...easy fix.

injencivic 07-12-2005 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by XTREME2K2CIVIC
I just took off one of the rubber hangers in the rear and let it hang, it moves a bit but not much dosent hit the rear lip or anything...easy fix.

quick fix yes, but safe fix? IDK.

Injen

gearbox 07-12-2005 08:50 PM

ya i wouldn't do that. Actaully after driving on some rough roads, i was surprised that one hanger had come loose on its own and was barely hangin on. At least if one goes you have the other. You could do zipties as a safer fix to raise it up so you have the hangers there in case they fail.

injencivic 07-13-2005 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
ya i wouldn't do that. Actaully after driving on some rough roads, i was surprised that one hanger had come loose on its own and was barely hangin on. At least if one goes you have the other. You could do zipties as a safer fix to raise it up so you have the hangers there in case they fail.

actually i tried zipties lol, i thought it was a stupid idea but at least i didnt think of it alone...

I have been talking to R1Style and i think we are just gonna swap my 22mm bar and his 19mm bar. Think i will have problems out of the 19mm?

Injen

gearbox 07-13-2005 06:08 PM

i have the rsx bar and get rattle in the winter. seems gone but i'm sure it'll come back. Just try the wrap.

injencivic 07-13-2005 06:26 PM

ok thanks for the help man, i am sure if i get the 19mm and it still makes noise the wrap will solve the problem

Injen