Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

got bumper in.. what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
got bumper in.. what do you think?

ok so i got in in a week or so ago. and have yet to install it. looks a little warped.. :S

but im not sure. sigh.

i guess tehres people round here that can mount it but i need to have it painted. what am i looking at for prices do you guys figure?

what do you think?:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture024_06Jun05.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	55606  
Old 06-14-2005
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
i dont really like the look of the "fins" at the sides up front. it doesnt look like it should stick out further than the middle of the bumper.
Old 06-14-2005
This cost me 1500 points

beastiek2 is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM kit owns
Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
kit looks ok. get rid of the pinstripes and the chrome washer nozzles. and dont put that front on until you have some side skirts and a rear lip/bumper. having that on the front and nothing on the rest of the body is gonna look dumb, plus gonna cost more to install and paint it all separately.
Old 06-14-2005
You bought a used dog??

def01tones will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by pbfoot
kit looks ok. get rid of the pinstripes and the chrome washer nozzles. and dont put that front on until you have some side skirts and a rear lip/bumper. having that on the front and nothing on the rest of the body is gonna look dumb, plus gonna cost more to install and paint it all separately.
^^^yea
Old 06-14-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I think that style kit only looks good on supras, eclipses, and this new blitz style is ok for civics. but i like it in general. just not on the 7th gens, only the 7.5 gens!
Old 06-14-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
the bomex kit looks good on the 01-03s - not sure about the 04+. its prolly warped and is going to require lots and lots of fiberglass to get it to mold...good luck.
Old 06-14-2005
Titanium Metallic. You got a problem with that?

Nodnero has a spectacular aura aboutNodnero has a spectacular aura about
If its urethane (which I doubt) than you wouldnt really have to worry about flex since it would flex back. But if its fiberglass, good luck with that.
Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
I'd rather go OEM kit, but I think it would look nice
Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

every 7thgen in my town ahs the oem kit our dealer had a sale or some BS..

so i did not want that

also my front bumper is pretty smashed up. its hidden by the new bumper bu tyeah
so im goign to jsut have it installed for now and see about the rest.

sigh.. ****ing body shops
Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
IMO I'm not really liking the new front the car would look cleaner with an OEM kit or something thing less extreme.
Old 06-14-2005
Super JDM Member

matt_s is an unknown quantity at this point
i personally love that bumper ... but like one of the posts said above.. its prolly warped cause its fiberglass and that will prolly cost u more money to install.
Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
Before you spend money on paint, you should definately test fit that sucker.
Old 06-14-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
^yup
Old 06-14-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
finally a 04 fiji with this..go get it on and painted..i want to see how this will look..;
Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

yes i do to.. im being told 600cdn to paint and isntall.. hope thats all it costs me yay
Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
do you have a whole kit or just bumper?
Old 06-14-2005
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
i like it....but get the rest of it too (sides, rear)
Old 06-14-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
i think that its gonna look really good
Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

i plan to get the sides/rear asap im getting paid more. but my stock front is broken and high way driving is making it spread more im afraid ill be doing a buck 20 on the highways and have the front of my car ripped off when the wind get sin there :|

eeps
Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

oh and if i think its ow ill drop my mud flaps on it.. wont be hot but will look a bit smoother then nothing on my sides.

but i thought of putting the xenon sides/rear on with this. but may jsut stick witht he full kit as nothing is really as agressive as this front :S

helpw ut should ig et? oh and abs sides/rear would be nice!!!!!
Old 06-14-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
i like it, it'll look hot to bad you didn't live around here or i would be more than glad to help out over a few beers and a pizza or something. but i like the look keep us updated.
Old 06-14-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by paradoxblue
i plan to get the sides/rear asap im getting paid more. but my stock front is broken and high way driving is making it spread more im afraid ill be doing a buck 20 on the highways and have the front of my car ripped off when the wind get sin there :|

eeps

its fiberglass right? oh no.. highway driving + fiberglass front = no no.. i learned that the hard way.. hit alot of debris in the road and bam ur new bumper is done.. happened to me with my 99 eclipse.. i hope you know how to aviod the highway and use the backroads..
Old 06-15-2005
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
....looks like a snow plow...
Old 06-15-2005
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
it gonna look dumb without sides n rear
Old 06-15-2005
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
urethane owns, i have a urethane tsunami and i do lots of highway driving, 5 days a week to be exact there and back, like an hour on the highway and man do bugs and debris suck ***. they will mess that front bumper up real quick. i got it painted a few monthes ago and its startign to not be perfect. i had dead buggies. oh well. its fine now tho. if it was fiberglass, i dunno if it would be ok now. i hate bug who hit it and just stick in the urethane haha.
Old 06-15-2005
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
got my front bumper painted for $150. shitty job tho, paint is peeling off the front because those dumbasses dont know how to prep urethane.