What Grill to get...... - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2005   #1  

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
What Grill to get......

Ok, So heres my dillemma, I hit a duck comming home from the city and broke my *soon to get painted* altezza grill. There is no trace that I hit it, so I cant claim a wildlife insurance claim and the deductable is more than the grill. So Now im left with a couple options. I have a 2003 SSM Coupe.(Keep that in mind)
I could either:
a.) Order the Civic Ferio RS Grill( I like how it looks, plus the rs doesnt bother me at all, and it comes pre-painted silver.Plus no one around here has even seen one before.)
b.) The kaminari grill.
c.) Altezza grill again and get it painted this time(dont wanna cause I see more and more people with this grille)
d.) OEM grill and get the h cut off and it blended to look like the kaminari grill
e.) Put the oem one back on(dont really wanna)
I dont know what to do, and just so you guys know, there are about 5 or so done up civics around where I go, so it doesnt take much to stand out.

Last edited by silverem2; 06-08-2005 at 06:28 PM.
silverem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #2  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
kaminari grill hands down
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #3  
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
what's a 2003 SSM Couple?? hehe

i have the stock grill from a 02 sedan.. you can buy it from me if you like (and if it fits your coupe)
es2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #4  
Boredom causes changes ;)

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Too lazy to search .. have pics of the first option?

Don't listen to Gearbox.. he's already sporting that grill

But do what you feel like .. I know I wanted the altezza grill last year, so this year it'll eventually get put on (now that I have it).. sure its a little overplayed now, but still
Karumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #5  

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
http://www.optauto.com/index.htm?stocknumber=HON-CRSGSS
Go there to look at it. I really like it, cause it has the lip with black in the centre, and all the real stuff. I personally dont like having any "style" stuff.
Old 06-08-2005   #6  

i thought you are talking about one of these from ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Old 06-08-2005   #7  

lol, no way, I dont buy the cheap knock off stuff.
Old 06-08-2005   #8  
I spent 1425 points to do this.

SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
where can we get a real rs grille? how much?
SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #9  

look at post #5, its 179.99 usd. Now I know some of you will say its alot of money and not worth it, but I do have the money for it, and its not a big deal to me. I guess Im leaning towards the rs grill.
Old 06-08-2005   #10  
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
rs grill is really only for sedan. i'm sure it would look good, but some people would call it rice.
Old 06-08-2005   #11  
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
dude, no one's gonna know or care that its an ebay grill. just get the ebay one and spent the extra $150 on something else.
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #12  

^^ exactly what he said
Old 06-08-2005   #13  
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
its all about grill craft woot woot
jeffsta17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by umysugarmami
dude, no one's gonna know or care that its an ebay grill. just get the ebay one and spent the extra $150 on something else.
I will tho, and as long as I know its there I feel like its worth the money. I dont do things to my car to impress other people. I do it for myself
Old 06-08-2005   #15  
Boredom causes changes ;)

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Oh haha.. I hate the RS grill myself. But then again, I don't like seeing the H there Seems you are/were the same with one of your options but Anyways, my vote with be for Kaminari then
Karumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #16  
Premium Member

i need to see pics of your car to say for sure. go with kaminari or stock if your car is stock. If it's modded with black stuff, go with painted lip tezza. If you have some jdm type look, go with rs.
Old 06-08-2005   #17  
Registered!!

MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by umysugarmami
my thoughts exactly.
MYK1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #18  
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
whatever you do, don't put an RS grill on your coupe
Caucasian.Asian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005   #19  

^^ please explain to me as to why its such a big deal? Im not getting it cause its "jdm" and its "rs" Im getting it cause its a factory piece from honda and its got the h in the centre and I dont have to cut and paste and glue ****.
Old 06-09-2005   #20  

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
^yes its JDM, but 4drs are only JDM. |NOT coupes. i think its worse than putting a honda emblem on a RSX.
Old 06-09-2005   #21  

I dont think you read what I said. I know my coupe isnt jdm, I know the grill is jdm, Im not getting it for that reason, and why would it be bad to put the honda emblem on a rsx? Cause its ultimately made by honda in the end?
Old 06-09-2005   #22  
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
I didn't look at what forum this thread was started in and the first thing I thought was "this guy is going to buy a new grille to cook a duck that he hit with his car???" That's when I realized how retarded I am, and I don't even know why I'm telling y'all this.
stinkypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005   #23  
Registered!!

MrBlack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkypie
I didn't look at what forum this thread was started in and the first thing I thought was "this guy is going to buy a new grille to cook a duck that he hit with his car???" That's when I realized how retarded I am, and I don't even know why I'm telling y'all this.
OMG..... That was truly retared. LOL J/K. You get 3 for that one .
BTW U seem to already have ur mind made up on the type of grill u want. It is ur car and u know what u want. Get the RS grill its all about making ur car custom so I would think its ok Me personally I would just buy a newgrill and buy brightest head lights I can find so I wont hit another duck. J/K
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005   #24  

LOL< actually my mind has changed again and its set now, I was thinking about it, and you guys are right, It probably would be a waste seeing how as I have got rid of most of the stuff on my car. So seeing how im going for a clean oem look, Im just getting the oem one repainted and get the ep3 red h for the front and dc5 red h for the back.
Old 06-10-2005   #25  
I spent 1425 points to do this.

SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
awww. i think the oem grille looks silly. well, not so much on the coupes, but on the sedans it looks like vinyl siding or shutters or something. too bad that rs grille is so expensive.

did you know possum is short for opposum?
SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005   #26  

the coupe one looks good, I wonder how much the kaminari one is, that one I would get but i dont really wanna spend a fortune anymore
Old 06-10-2005   #27  

^kaminari is about $150
Old 06-10-2005   #28  

and does that come pre-painted factory colors?
Old 06-10-2005   #29  
Premium Member

cost me $75 for paint. It comes unpainted.
Old 06-10-2005   #30  

oo, mabey Im better off getting the oem one repainted then.