Honda Care Warranty.. ehhh - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2005   #1  
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
Honda Care Warranty.. ehhh

So I noticed my car had that clicking sound when you turn right in second gear.. as well as every other gear. So I printed off the TSB and took it to Honda and they said that they would warranty it no problem. Plus the owner's dad of the stereo shop I am employed at, works for the local Honda dealership as a mechanic and he also got me hooked up with a new clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing also covered under warranty. I am also getting new struts and apparently my master cylinder was bad too (I wasn't even aware of that) so it's all getting covered under the 10 year/100,000 mile Honda Care warranty. Well, the dealership said that it would be covered no problem. I dropped the car off last Tuesday and said it would take about three days because they were going to overnight all the parts. Well, they called me the next day and said that Honda didn't want to warranty it (Apparently, all warranty work must be approved by the corporation first or something) so that added an extra four days onto the time frame and now I don't get it back until next wednesday. Grr, oh well, just thought I'd share my experience with the extended warranty. Now I'm currently driving a 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser N/A. It's something let me tell ya.. oh well, loaner vehicle is better than no loaner vehicle I suppose?
darklegacy540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005   #2  
Registered!!

CiviCoupe2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
You should post this in the "Issues" forum... More responses there...
CiviCoupe2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote