I made a Noob mistake... - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I made a Noob mistake...

Old 05-21-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I made a Noob mistake...

So I just got done with my first mod. I know, its about time. I finally had time to adjust the throttle cable. I didn't have too much of a hard time becuase I used a bunch of wd-40, and we all know lube is good. The thing was a little cramped but I managed to get it done.

Anyway, I tightened it finger tight, will that work out? I didn't check the idle before I started working on it. I normally think ahead, but I totally forgot about it. I think it levels out at 1.3k rpm. Is that higher then normal? Or was that just right.
Old 05-21-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
shouldn't be over 1 once its warmed up... Mine idles at 500 or a bit above beleive it or not. The effects of a ground kit rock!
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

ohnoitssoysauce is an unknown quantity at this point
i think normal idle is at 700
Old 05-21-2005

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Once it gets warmed up? Well, I'm too lazy to check it out. I'll see tomorrow. Is there a difference between models too? If it helps, I have an 01 EX.
Old 05-21-2005

I feel so pround of myself, I'm not exactly mechanically enclined.
Old 05-21-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
i have an 01 ex and it idles at ~500-700 rpm.