Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Take off pinstripe?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005
The one and only....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Take off pinstripe?

Hey when I bought my car it had a thin pinstripe and now I want to take it off....How hard is it? Should I take it off? I think I should....Anyways, my main question is will it leave anything on my paint when I take it off?
Old 05-15-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
if it's painted on, then no, you can't take it off (unless you get it professionally done). if it's just a vinyl pinstripe, then just pull it off.
Old 05-15-2005
Registered!!

ExVtec01 is an unknown quantity at this point
yes take it off,
Old 05-15-2005
Registered!!

civic2uner is on a distinguished road
mine was painted on and i got some rubbing compound and a rag and just buffed it off, took like an hour and didnt damage anything.
Old 05-15-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
mine was vinyl, but the car was 3 years old. so i took a blow dryer and peeled. used turtle wax bug and tar remover to get it off. still a little discoloration but nothing can be seen more than 6 inches away!
Old 05-15-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
I dont understand why ppl put pinstrips on their cars??
Old 05-15-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
its the stupid dealerships. damn them
Old 05-16-2005
The one and only....

yeah dealerships suck....It took me one hour just to pull of one side. Cause its two little stripes and you pull like 2 inches and it breaks then you have to peel it up and do it again....Its a pain in my *** big time. I have one side finished, and I am going to finish the other tonight after work or tommorow morning.
Old 05-16-2005

Originally Posted by Echelon04
yeah dealerships suck....It took me one hour just to pull of one side. Cause its two little stripes and you pull like 2 inches and it breaks then you have to peel it up and do it again....Its a pain in my *** big time. I have one side finished, and I am going to finish the other tonight after work or tommorow morning.

took me just as long, except it was about 25 F outside, 50F or lower in my garage and I did it all at once. So it really sucked for me
Old 05-16-2005
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Echelon04

took me like 10 minutes to take off my pinstripes.
dude you need to put your car into the hot sun, let it sit until the car's exterior is really hot. that will do the trick, makes life soo much easier on you. slowly peel though and get the feel of it, if it's doing anything shitty then stop.
Old 05-16-2005
The one and only....

Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
took me like 10 minutes to take off my pinstripes.
dude you need to put your car into the hot sun, let it sit until the car's exterior is really hot. that will do the trick, makes life soo much easier on you. slowly peel though and get the feel of it, if it's doing anything shitty then stop.
Yeah I will have to try that.....I will probably take off the other side tommorow morning before work.