Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Tanabe Exhaust, too big or just right?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Tanabe Exhaust, too big or just right?

I was looking at this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...969409575&rd=1 and i was wondering if the exhaust is too big for my car, mine isn't a turbo, but i wasn't for sure if this was for turbo or normal asperated cars. It ends in 3 hours and I'm wanting to get it if i can. Could someone help me out and tell me whether or not it will work on my car.
Old 04-26-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
Unless you plan on getting a turbo, don't get this.
Old 04-26-2005

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
also, you'll need custom pipe... this is only a muffler
Old 04-26-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shifty is on a distinguished road
it depends, i dont think that its too big for an N/A, im mean its only the rear section, now if you were going to buy like the complete exhaust with larger diameter piping (2.5 and up...(?)) then i would recommed that you dont buy that, but since its only the rear i dont think that it would be too bad. Its a good deal too....but get an estimate for the piping that you would need since its only a rear section. Hope this helps
Old 04-26-2005

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Well i call my local exhaust shop and they said they would charge me 45 to put it on, that includes hangers too. He said if i wanted to go louder he could run new piping and do something with the resinators. So should i buy this or not buy it?
Old 04-26-2005

Originally Posted by drew22mader
Well i call my local exhaust shop and they said they would charge me 45 to put it on, that includes hangers too. He said if i wanted to go louder he could run new piping and do something with the resinators. So should i buy this or not buy it?

I say no. Just get a full exhaust. Or an apexi muffler and custom pipe. You don't want crimped pipe... You want mandrel bent also.
Old 04-26-2005

I don't have the money to afford a full exhaust, and the Apexi muffler sounds to raspy, i want the lower sound. And if i want it louder they can make a custom exhaust, and they dont crimp the pipe.
Old 04-26-2005

I don't have the money to afford a full exhaust, and the Apexi muffler sounds to raspy, i want the lower sound. And if i want it louder they can make a custom exhaust, and they dont crimp the pipe.
Apexi doesn't sound raspy if its a full exhaust.
Old 04-26-2005

I like the Tanabe exhaust though, i like the sound of it. I need to know if this exhaust would be ok to put on my car.
Old 04-26-2005

It'll work... With modification... You don't want to run a 3 inch pipe though, that'll make you lose power. You need a 2.25 inch pipe. See if you can find one like that. If not, go turbo! Just cause your exhaust told you to! lol
Old 04-26-2005
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Why waste money on muffler?
Just save up and get catback later on.

Welded muffler on rear axleback with stock b pipe won't ever sound good.
Old 04-26-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
loud car with less than 200 hp is ghey IMO
Old 04-26-2005

I'm going with the muffler and doin custom piping. Then cold air intake and headers.
Old 04-26-2005

I'm going with the muffler and doin custom piping. Then cold air intake and headers.

Whooooa You'll have a bad *** ride then

Last edited by Blahman2; 04-26-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-26-2005

Man what is your problem? He said to wait and get a cat back exhaust, and i said i was going for custom piping. You push the Apexi exhaust with custom piping but say the Tanabe isn't what i want. Blahman2 bad *** right? Not sure what your talking about.
Old 04-26-2005

That muffler is made for a turbo... It'll either be too loud... or take away power.
Old 04-26-2005

Its the rear section though, so i will just go with the axle back, SHIFTY said he done the same thing and it didn't take away anything, he said it would be fine for a N/A
Old 04-26-2005

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Is noise you only goal for spending 300 bucks? if so then yes get the exaust

if you want a car thats a bit more fun to drive or looks better than spend it doing some diy's like;
black out your headlights cost 8 dollars
tighten the throtle cable $0 dollars
K&N cone filter with home depot short ram tube like 90 tops
if they dont match get a body shop to paint your mirrors $150
lowering springs $150 to start

my brain is blank but IMO there are way better ways to spend $300 bucks in a Vic. The muffler can be welded on to your car and make it loud with no power gained and it is your money so go for it cause it will make you happy and thats all that matters
Old 04-26-2005

Its not $300, its 125.00 for the Tanabe Muffler.
And i'm going to clear my headlights $0
EX Model Mirrors match
Coil Overs 199.99

So its not like i'm just spending $300 on the exhaust. Don't really understand you saying there are better ways to spend money.
Old 04-26-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
3" tip? isn't that a bit much? also, i4 engines don't need "headers." we only have 1 header.
Old 04-26-2005

Its not $300, its 125.00 for the Tanabe Muffler.
sorry my bad on the $300 I don't know where that number came from

Originally Posted by drew22,ader
Don't really understand you saying there are better ways to spend money.
well the topic is dead, we told you it can be welded to your car (anything can be) but it will not make your car faster.......its your money no one can spend it for you.....have fun with whatever you spend it on
Old 04-26-2005
Registered!!

bloodzombie is an unknown quantity at this point
Just my opinion:

making your car loud just for the sake of making it loud is completely and totally retarded.
Old 04-26-2005