Help.. EX or sports edition..which is it? I'm clueless - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2005   #1
Registered!!

Genevieve is an unknown quantity at this point
Help.. EX or sports edition..which is it? I'm clueless

So I went to get a new air filter the other day.
As soon as I walked the burly I-shower-once-a-week parts guy started talking down to me like I was clueless,.. of course I was a total bitch to him because he thought I didn't know what I was talking about (why would someone assume I can't un screw 7 screws and pop a new filter in?)

ANYWAY I felt like such a d*mba$$ because he asked me if I had an Dx, Ex, Lx, or Hx... well I didn't know.. I have an S? is that possible all the paper work says its a sports edition or sports model? is that considered an ex? I has power everything, moon/sun roof etc etc. Someone please help me out.
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #2
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
yes, sounds like an EX

besides, i do believe that ALL models take the same air filter.?!?
manahoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #3
Registered!!

jb1004 will become famous soon enoughjb1004 will become famous soon enough
Sounds like you have an EX special edition.
jb1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #4
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve

So I went to get a new air filter the other day.
As soon as I walked the burly I-shower-once-a-week parts guy started talking down to me like I was clueless,.. of course I was a total bitch to him because he thought I didn't know what I was talking about (why would someone assume I can't un screw 7 screws and pop a new filter in?)

ANYWAY I felt like such a d*mba$$ because he asked me if I had an Dx, Ex, Lx, or Hx... well I didn't know.. I have an S? is that possible all the paper work says its a sports edition or sports model? is that considered an ex? I has power everything, moon/sun roof etc etc. Someone please help me out.

im not downin on u but it doesnt sound like u know what ur doing since you dont even know what model car u have...
ragingSPAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #5
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
^^^lol... u have an EX... only EX comes with a sunroof.:-)
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #6
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
I dont think I have ever been asked what model I have... just what engine size... if you know that, he should be able to give you the right filter, if you have an EX which seems to be the case it would be the 1.7
Octane Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #7
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
The "Sports Edition" never existed you have an Ex...
Day_Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #8
Registered!!

Genevieve is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day_Tripper
The "Sports Edition" never existed you have an Ex...
hmm so my dealer is full of ****? wow.. erm thats hard to swallow but if its true then that sucks for me
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #9
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
hmm so my dealer is full of ****? wow.. erm thats hard to swallow but if its true then that sucks for me
Yeah they are if you look in the avalible models for your year on any site you will never see "Sports Edition" listed
Day_Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #10
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
There's a SE which is the Special Edition, but that only became available in 2003, I believe. Anything before that would be EX/LX/DX/HX. VP came later
dirtySAMURAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #11
Registered!!

chrisvdm is an unknown quantity at this point
It might be a dealer installed Sports Edition. Loads of dealers do crap like that. They add a spoiler and something shinny and call it a Sports Edition.
chrisvdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #12
Registered!!

skarteez is an unknown quantity at this point
i remember goin up to canada and seeing a bunch of sedans tagged "Sport" instead of "EX"

maybe thats something to think about? i dunno haha
skarteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #13
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
im guessing you have an EX SE(special edition). not sports edition, special edition. how do you know?
do you have in dash 6 CD changer? do you have OEM 15 spoke rims stock? spoiler? well if yes then you have an SE.
CiViCPrAnInG2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #14
Registered!!

Oishi is an unknown quantity at this point
its probably an ex with other dealer installed extras...kinda like Si-G in canada
Oishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #15
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oishi
its probably an ex with other dealer installed extras...kinda like Si-G in canada
what diff on a si-g?
booba5185 is offline   Reply With Quote