Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

who gets clicking noises from axles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rijowysock will become famous soon enough
who gets clicking noises from axles?

when i turn... especially turning left after long highway trips my axles click.

like a pop pop pop its rotational noise..so idk

i took them to a CV place once and they drained em and checked the ***** and redid em...

but im getting popping noise again

anyone else get this

rotational as in faster it goes faster.. and its click click click.

riley
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

luke02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
yea man i have that same problem....its not all the time but every now in then i hear it in my front axle but its when i turn right. I dont know what it is but its annoying
Old 04-21-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
i have the same problem also..just when i turn right...
Old 04-21-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
anyone ever get a loud clank noise when you first brake either in revearse, or in drive after revearse, like something shifted, then jumped forward or back in place when you brake??? WTF is that?
Old 04-21-2005
myspace.com/misterwarren =]

Xplocv2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i hear it randomly.. i think its the sound u 7thgen-ers are talking about.... when i go over speed bumps on the front end.. or sometimes just out of nowhere . is it the same problem?
Old 04-21-2005
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

yeah mines turning right too.. i thoguth twice about it..

also i get the brake noise...

but i have 4 pot brakes... and its only driver side..

****ing weird noises.. the axle one scares me .. i dont want it to snap or something yanno
Old 04-21-2005
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

i think maybe when we turn right,.. it pulls the axles somewhat out of the CV and then it slips or somethng idk.. i dont feel a loss of power when i do it so i dont think its like spinning inside just maybe hits something idk
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

ale007civicdx will become famous soon enough
mine pops when i turn right tooo
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by rijowysock
when i turn... especially turning left after long highway trips my axles click.

like a pop pop pop its rotational noise..so idk

i took them to a CV place once and they drained em and checked the ***** and redid em...

but im getting popping noise again

anyone else get this

rotational as in faster it goes faster.. and its click click click.

riley
what do you mean they drained them and checked the *****? All that is in the axle are CV joints. If you have them rebuilt, you need new joints and what not. Most shops usally replace the axle. sounds like the place you took it to just regreased them or something.
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

mykungfuisthebest is an unknown quantity at this point
apparently there is official report from honda or somthing about this, its some bearing at the top of the strut housing or somthing... there shitty... my mechanic was rambling about it but i wasnt paying attention... he changed em when i did my springs/struts and it never did it again
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

Civic04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by streetglower
what do you mean they drained them and checked the *****? All that is in the axle are CV joints. If you have them rebuilt, you need new joints and what not. Most shops usally replace the axle. sounds like the place you took it to just regreased them or something.
I was going to say the same thing Drain what lol rpl the axels if that doesnt work maybe it it the wheel bearings. at least 2 ppl have that noise on the same side i forget what side it the drive side but maybe thats it being that more stress is there still doesnt make seem right that they would do that but maybe lowerin and such puts more stress on the bearings or axel dont know how
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

gsrchad is an unknown quantity at this point
the axle noise when turning ( dont know if it was addressed) is the drve axle. I break them 2-4 times a yr. but if i dont snap them like i do on the fast civic i have, the only civic used to loose grease and would rub metal to metal and cause annoying clicking noises. mainly from the drivers side. that tends to have more stress. once it starts clicking you cant reverse it.
just hav to replace the axle. shouldnt be anymore than 150 to get done. mines ( 98 gsr is 60 + core of 70 and free installation) so your shouldnt be about the same plus installation. look around, you can get ones with lifetime warrenty. just dont tell them you race if you do good luck
Old 04-21-2005
Titanium Metallic. You got a problem with that?

Nodnero has a spectacular aura aboutNodnero has a spectacular aura about
I have something pop/crack quite often when I slow to a stop and have the wheel turned to either direction. Dont know what it is, figured it would stop with the replacement of the OEM setup, but that hasnt happened yet.
Old 04-21-2005
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

yeah sounds like we all have same problem what the hell is it.. this is why im selling my car cause i cant find a cure.

i even drove on ramps and the axles are straight and they dont hit anything.. ugh
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

Blkcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I have that poping noise when i turn the steering wheel at very low speed or parked. It only does it when its hot outside, never does it in winter...
Old 04-21-2005
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
if you guys have 01 civics... your strut bearings are teflon/plastic stuff. they may crack with the added stress of a really stiff suspension. this would cause a popping sound when turning the wheel sitting still or at low speeds. also rijowy... its prolly those big friggin rims
Old 04-21-2005
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

damn your good, is their any fix for it or complicated problems that could arise from it?

riley
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Add me to the list -- I get the noises, too.
Old 04-21-2005
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
I stand corrected... I dunno about the axle thing... lol... the clicking I'm talking about happens when you turn the wheel sitting still or at low speeds... it's not rotational.
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

aoar is an unknown quantity at this point
i have that same noise too.. been to honda maybe 3 times to get it checked out. it only happens to me turning sharp and slow.. ie. in a parking lot or going in/out into a driveway. it is annoying!! happend since day 1. Honda said they "tightened" my whole front right side, now the noise happens turning left also... is there a link to that official report from honda so we can throw it in the dealers faces?
Old 04-21-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
lol sounds like you guys need u-joints...............jp
dunno if this has been addressed but since they just rebooted your axle not replaced it, the bearings in the joints might be worn and so thats whats making the noises probably because without lube in their things will not work the right way, (its hard to explain so sorry if i seem like a moron) its not the axle popping out however.although im kinda not sure what you mean because i dont think this would only happen after highway trips
now a days its more common to replace them due to labor cost compared to parts cost.

oh and for u guys talkin bout the ***** and whatnot, when an axle has a ripped boot it looses all its grease, then if the axle is not destroyed from this depending on customer preference and cost they will reboot it which means they check the ***** in the bearing inside and if they are ok they reagreas everything and reboot it, you can buy the boot and lil hardware for like ten bucks at honda if u ask.

oh and i have a dam squeaking noise over bumps its not really high pitched sounds kinda like rubber on metal, im still tracking it down, plus today a really high pitched one started that just goes like non stop over any bump

Last edited by ncirom2003; 04-21-2005 at 11:46 PM.