Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

EL tail on a sedan civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
EL tail on a sedan civic

i was thinking how hard do you guys think it would be to but acura el taillights on a sedan. it looks like the only thing i would have to change is the trunk lid and the lights in there. im just wondering because i like those lights and i want do do something diffrent before i paint my car.
Old 04-17-2005

skiboard is on a distinguished road
yeah I thought about that but I was told by someone that did this conversion that you will have to get whole rear end EL (trunk lid, lights and rear bumper)
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Another thing is that there are no keyholes on the trunk of an EL so you'll have to manually pop it open from the drivers side or install some type of remote opener.
Old 04-17-2005

also custom modification cause your trunk to bumper holes will not match stock holes

too much $$ lol
Old 04-17-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
yeah maybe i'll just do a coupe conversion or something. i have 4 weeks before my buddy is painting it. any idea's? i don't like the clk lights. maybe skyline?
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
damn, I was thinking of doing this too
Old 04-17-2005
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
I remember reading about it somewhere here.. perhaps you could search and/or try talking with APRBoy and/or TeLLy .. might be mentioned somewhere in APRBoy's conversion pic thread - http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=172793 Have fun looking
Old 04-17-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I think the only reason APRBoy had to modify the trunk and rear end is that his car is an 02 and he got an 04 rear end conversion done. From what I've seen up close an 01-03 EL trunk and taillight setup should match up with the 01-03 Civic fenders and bumper. The rears are exactly the same in mounting points and the outer taillights and trunk mounting points are identical as well. I have less experience working on 04+ EL's or Civics, but I imagine that while their parts might line up better with each other, certain dimensions and mounting locations would not be perfectly compatible with 01-03.

*edited* how the hell did I manage to misspell "dimensions"? Sheesh!

Last edited by TeLLy; 04-20-2005 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-17-2005

^^ so 04,05 tail lights wont fit your rear?
Old 04-19-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
The corners MIGHT fit (doubt it) the inners you would need to swap the whole trunk to fit.
Old 04-19-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
yeah telly the bunpers will be ok just a trunk lid and lights and thats it..
You also need like you said to drill new holes to acconodate the lights above the bumper
Old 04-19-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

all i want is the inner tail, i'll look into it more and look for stuff from honda maybe they can help me out with the fitment sizes and stuff.