Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

What should I buy? Scion tC or Honda EX SE

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need2gofast is an unknown quantity at this point
What should I buy? Scion tC or Honda EX SE

Today I spent hours testing out a new scion tC and also a new Honda EX SE.
Unfortunetly I didn't get to test out the tC in the transmission I wanted to (5-speed).
Also didn't get to whip the tC around corners and stuff.
Both cars are terrific.

Any help or opinions are greatly apprecitated.
In my opinion the basic pros and cons are:

Scion tC Pro
Looks Awsome
Sunroof
Steering Wheel
4 Wheel disc
Rims
Spoiler
Audio Sound
Powerful Engine
Scion tC Con
Cheap Silver looking Interior
Cheap CD Player Tray
Engine Sound at idle*
Headliner not black

Honda Civic EX SE Pro
Looks Cool
5-speed shifting was very nice
Steering felt really soild and tight
Engine feels nice strong
Takes bumps and corrners good
Proven quility
high resale value
Honda Civic EX SE Con
Basic but not cheap Interior
Engine Sound at idle*
Drum Brakes
Headliner not black

*I have a 4cyl s-10 and it doesnt seem to have this pinging tiny sound both of these cars have. Maybe I need to get used to it or its something else.
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

ACURAwerx is on a distinguished road
scion and honda are both good cars, however since i have a civic now, i would probably go with the scion if i was picking just to mix things up. It also depends on what you want to do with the car.. ect.. If you want to make it fast without swapping, go with the scion
Old 04-17-2005
The Legend

blackbullet will become famous soon enoughblackbullet will become famous soon enough
TC They're really nice.
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
I say Honda due to their ability to retain their value
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

Civic_Moogles is an unknown quantity at this point
i would say a honda, they retain their value a lot better
Old 04-17-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Tc it's faster. I don't know about civic engine sound, because I can barely hear mine unless I put my ear to the hood. But the SE isn't really that special. Has alot of junk throw on like different rims, stereo, etc but not really worth it.
Old 04-17-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Add this to your list of tC's cons: Terrible Gas mileage and 3000 pounds

Both are very safe, reliable cars. They should be able to retain their value well also, since its Toyota and Honda. The tCs value hasn't been released yet until next year, but it should be good in depreciation rates.

Tc is faster by a small bit, and it has a lot more potential then a civic. The SE is very expensive. If you want a civic, wait until the fall when the next generation gets here.
Old 04-17-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
By the way, what is a headliner?
Old 04-17-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the stuff that is on the ceiling, from inside the car that covers the metal.
Old 04-17-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
i know its not one of the options, but i would go with a civic ex, non special edition. as gearbox said, they just throw a bunch of stuff on the ex for the special edition, and in turn jack up the price.

i love my civic, gets awesome milage (average 37 in town), it will hold its value and very reliable.

after i got my civic and got used to it i was thinking it was nothing special, and i became interested with the tc. but then i found this site, where the people are really helpful, and you can learn to fix everything on your car.

the tc is an awesome car though, especially for the price. if i were to choose again, i would buy a civic. my civic so far has been good, and im going to be buying hondas for a long time.
Old 04-17-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
and if you "need2gofast" like your name says, i would get a civic and swap or turbo, or swap and turbo.
Old 04-17-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
depends on what you want from your car. TC is obvisously i little faster and it is very nice looking. Honda has better gas mileage and is very reliable. Insurance on the civic will prolly be a little better. Honda also has a huge market for parts.
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

SilverSivic02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not to jack the thread but I am almost the same dillemma: 2004 RSX-S or 2005 Scion TC?

The Civic got into a fender bender and know I am looking into a new car. I will really miss it but it is time for me to move on. You guys have been a great help and like my extended family. So what should I do? Stay in the Honda/Acura family or move over to Toyota? A few dealers around here still have brand new 04' RSX-S, but I can probably get a better deal on a TC because A family friend is one of the big boys for Toyota South Florida.
Old 04-17-2005
Premium Member

rsx-s no contest
Old 04-17-2005
Ace Ventura

my05civic24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SilverSivic02
Not to jack the thread but I am almost the same dillemma: 2004 RSX-S or 2005 Scion TC?

The Civic got into a fender bender and know I am looking into a new car. I will really miss it but it is time for me to move on. You guys have been a great help and like my extended family. So what should I do? Stay in the Honda/Acura family or move over to Toyota? A few dealers around here still have brand new 04' RSX-S, but I can probably get a better deal on a TC because A family friend is one of the big boys for Toyota South Florida.

Well that's something u should rethink yourself.. The 04 type S is 200HP and the 05 Scion TC is only 160HP. Which one do u want. I would go with the Type S. It's all on you tho.
Old 04-17-2005

vietstylez will become famous soon enough
i would get the scion, MUCH more potential
Old 04-17-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
back in 94-95 the civic coupe special edition came with disc brakes in the rear
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

04trinicivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Look Bro The Tc Looks Hot and it Gives u 160hp But Y Not Wait Till Like November And Get The New 06 Si Coupe Stock it Comes With 200hp, An Oem Body Kit, Brembo Brakes Kit & Cross Drilled Rotors....I Think Is Starting @ 17 or 18,500
Old 04-17-2005
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
I'd wait for the new Si

I might even consdier the current Si over a tC, I dunno tho I'd have to test drive.

RSX-S, as said before... wtf? why would u even consider a tC if you could get an RSX-S
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

SilvrCiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by silver04
i know its not one of the options, but i would go with a civic ex, non special edition. as gearbox said, they just throw a bunch of stuff on the ex for the special edition, and in turn jack up the price.

i love my civic, gets awesome milage (average 37 in town), it will hold its value and very reliable.

after i got my civic and got used to it i was thinking it was nothing special, and i became interested with the tc. but then i found this site, where the people are really helpful, and you can learn to fix everything on your car.

the tc is an awesome car though, especially for the price. if i were to choose again, i would buy a civic. my civic so far has been good, and im going to be buying hondas for a long time.
Where you say "this site" would u be talking about 7thgencivicor a different site..if a different one what is it
Old 04-17-2005
Premium Member

Aaron if you rode in Paul's SI (I think he's up to 160 whp+ range) you would want one.
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
Scion...

because you already had a Civic before, it is good to have some change in life

besides, Scion is not a crap that we don't ever want to experience.
Old 04-17-2005
Premium Member

yea it's not like you're buying a NEON
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

ZodCivik is an unknown quantity at this point
This also depends if youre in south cali... If u are, most likely itll take months to get that perfect tc that u want. Ive searched and called about 20 something dealerships and i couldnt find one in the colors i wanted in 5 spd. So if u dont wanna wait at least a month, get the civic.
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

JP375 is an unknown quantity at this point
The scion is hot, now doubt, but I hate the interior. It looks really cheap and "plastiky". I'm a big Honda fan, but I have to admit, currently the civic is quite outdated in terms of styling and performance. Hopefully the next model will put it back out in front. If you can wait for an 06 civic do that. Otherwise I guess I would go witht the scion. Didn't the test drive give you an feeling about which way to go?
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

zen_master is on a distinguished road
prolly wanna consider next year's tC?
Old 04-17-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Originally Posted by SilverSivic02

rsx-s hands down.

Originally Posted by SilvrCiv
Where you say "this site" would u be talking about 7thgencivicor a different site..if a different one what is it
im talkin about 7thgencivic.com
Old 04-17-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I'd recommend a Civic because it gets great gas-mileage, has decent performance, and they come with a lot of great features.

The Tc however is what I'd recommend if you want that performance edge. Although it is a little heavier because it has a lot of sound deadening material.
Old 04-17-2005
Spreading the sicness since: March 2005

-sic*n3s- is an unknown quantity at this point
Scion tc con-> heavy as hell. You can feel the engine stressing if you push it alittle
Scion tc pro-> you can get it up in the 300's of hp with a turbo.
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

SilverSivic02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well my mind is maDE UP. Dealer will get me the new 04 RSX-S for $21500. I just spoke to her and she told me the asking price. WOOOOOT.

Quick Reply: What should I buy? Scion tC or Honda EX SE