Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Just Side Skirts? *update w/pics*

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
retro is an unknown quantity at this point
show us pictures when they're installed
Old 05-13-2005
Registered!!

Keet will become famous soon enough
Talking It's finally done! Here's pictures from my gallery!

So lets hear all your mixed views, yay or nay. (You can rate these in my gallery if you'd like). I know a few of you will think it's fugly cuz it's not your style, part of me agrees and I'm not that thrilled either because I won't have the bumpers for a long time, but on the flip side it's still nicer than a lot of other cars out there and blends in despite the sides being lower.
Old 05-13-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
bro... i like 'em! They look cleaner than i thought. Where did you get then from and how much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking? And are you gonna drop the car?
Old 05-13-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point

just sideskirts..mm..JDM Ferio..
Old 05-13-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by zapthycat
I'd like to see one... might not look TOO bad. Wouldn't keep it that way though...

its JDM yo

Originally Posted by Keet
[img].

that stands out way too much

dont do that **** unless you have a hybrid bumper or 04-05 bumper at least a front lip ... you should sell me the skirts and get some springs
Old 05-13-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by kasimmmmm
bro... i like 'em! They look cleaner than i thought. Where did you get then from and how much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking? And are you gonna drop the car?
Hey thanks for the good feedback.
I ordered them through a place called ToySport AutoFX - $400 cdn. They ofcourse order from the wholesaler, JT Autostyles in California. Then because they were backed up with work they referred me to another local shop, InterCity Autobody, where the paint and install was done for $600 cdn. So no small money, but I'll get a discount on the bumpers and the work the next time I go with them.
I'll drop the car on Tein coilovers in the future when I save up the cash for it.
Right now I'll want to take more photos using a better camera, because I realized that you can't see much of the front in the 3 photos I posted.
Damn, the '04 fronts and rears are so much nicer, such a small change but such a huge difference. You owners of these newer Civics should consider yourself lucky. :P
Old 05-13-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
well congrats on getting what u want, but um.......... im not feeling that yo! but its ur ride man.
Old 05-13-2005
The Beez Kneez

Hey thanks for the good feedback.
I ordered them through a place called ToySport AutoFX - $400 cdn. They ofcourse order from the wholesaler, JT Autostyles in California. Then because they were backed up with work they referred me to another local shop, InterCity Autobody, where the paint and install was done for $600 cdn. So no small money, but I'll get a discount on the bumpers and the work the next time I go with them.
I'll drop the car on Tein coilovers in the future when I save up the cash for it.
Right now I'll want to take more photos using a better camera, because I realized that you can't see much of the front in the 3 photos I posted.
Damn, the '04 fronts and rears are so much nicer, such a small change but such a huge difference. You owners of these newer Civics should consider yourself lucky. :P

dude you could have already gotten the teins used with the money you spent on the skirts... 1000cnd is still pretty expensive for just some side skirts !
Old 05-13-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
hoyy..yeah $1000!?...damn...just get springs..haha..unless you want to spend another grand for coilovers..
Old 05-13-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
i think it looks good
Old 05-13-2005
The Beez Kneez

Originally Posted by jhonsok
hoyy..yeah $1000!?...damn...just get springs..haha..unless you want to spend another grand for coilovers..
\
hey its cool at least if you he drops the car now he wont have to worry about hitting the front buper on curbs
Old 05-13-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
those sides look awsome, but 600 for paint man, I'm sorry but they hosed you, paint cost=$80 tops mixing carge $80 bucks tops that means they carged you for about 6 hours of labour! thats down right dishonest and should be illigal....
Old 05-13-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
if you get it painted at a dealership they will kill you. full car "started" at $3000 when I asked so I told the lady she is an ******* for working for a place which charges that much for paint. I can take a painting class, buy the paint, and buy the equip and do it myself for under $3000!!!
Old 05-13-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by diskreet
if you get it painted at a dealership they will kill you. full car "started" at $3000 when I asked so I told the lady she is an ******* for working for a place which charges that much for paint. I can take a painting class, buy the paint, and buy the equip and do it myself for under $3000!!!
You're totally right, I wish I could have done this myself... it makes me nervous leaving my car with some people and not know exactly what they do, but all my DIY stuff sucks so far LOL, and I wanted to have this done properly.
The labor was like $50/h and because the sides are fiberglass they took lots of shaping and smoothing before they'd fit good.
Ah well. If someone knows a less expensive way then I wouldn't mind hearing it.
Old 05-13-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
You're totally right, I wish I could have done this myself... it makes me nervous leaving my car with some people and not know exactly what they do, but all my DIY stuff sucks so far LOL, and I wanted to have this done properly.
The labor was like $50/h and because the sides are fiberglass they took lots of shaping and smoothing before they'd fit good.
Ah well. If someone knows a less expensive way then I wouldn't mind hearing it.
Aww well don't worry about it know, the job is done, it does look like the paint match is perfect and the job was done right, thats the most important part.......but most body shops with good rep around here have quoted me 600 for a whole kit including install....
Old 05-14-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
I think plain side skirts, such as RS and OEM, will look good if you dont have a front lip/rear lip. It'll be just like the 6th gen civics.