Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

failed VA state inspection due to...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
failed VA state inspection due to...

my retrofit! hah. the guy called DOT and asked if my headlights were legal. guess what? they're not!!! yeah so i had to take off my headlights and put stock ones back on. that was alright.

here's the best part, though. he told me my tail lights were illegal! if you don't know what car i drive, i drive a 2001 honda civic sedan with stock tail lights. they're stock! so after i put the stock headlights back on, i went to the same inspection place, same guy, and he passed me. i passed by changing headlights...

so i decided to test out my new bi-xenon projectors that i have laying around in my basement. i will just tell you all this: they're FAR better than the valeo projectors i have right now.

Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
hahah ur rear lights are illegal!!!! hahah 4 doors, ur all going down... hahaha jk, good luck to ya on the new projectors mang......
Old 03-21-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
these zkw's are sex. just pure sex.
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

typeRDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Sick *** lights..how much did that model cost? did the cops harass you because of them?
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Unleaded is an unknown quantity at this point
can't wait to see the finish product. i hope you have a game plan fitting those projectors into the tyc. i had to butcher up my tyc to fit the audi a6 projectors. i thought cali is tough, but visual inspections? i'm the original owner of my 2001 and i haven't even had a smog check yet.
Old 03-22-2005

Originally Posted by typeRDreamer
Sick *** lights..how much did that model cost? did the cops harass you because of them?
these are zkw bi-xenon projectors out of a bmw 3 series (the newer e46 model...they have LED tail lights also). they cost me $170, but can sell for >200. the cops don't harass me because these are OEM stuff. they come off of stock cars and i just put it on mine.
Old 03-22-2005

Originally Posted by Unleaded
can't wait to see the finish product. i hope you have a game plan fitting those projectors into the tyc. i had to butcher up my tyc to fit the audi a6 projectors. i thought cali is tough, but visual inspections? i'm the original owner of my 2001 and i haven't even had a smog check yet.
yeah VA is kinda gay like that...halogen sucks my butt. i can understand why so many people want HID, but are too lazy to retrofit.
Old 03-22-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
tl & tsx projectors are sex ...get those in and put the retro back on haha, what happens if they catch you with it on again?
Old 03-22-2005

nothing. i passed inspection with stock stuff, but they (5-0) don't need to know that...lol

and the tl or tsx projectors are out of the question. people want WAY too fuggin much for those. TL projectors can cost up to $350 JUST FOR THE PROJECTORS! and the tsx projectors would cost nearly $250.
Old 03-22-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
Originally Posted by gh0st
tl & tsx projectors are sex ...get those in and put the retro back on haha, what happens if they catch you with it on again?
yesterday i was parked next to a tsx facing a closed garage bay at a gas station... his lights were exactly straight...sexy sexy sexy!
Old 03-22-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
times like this makes me realize how lucky i am to live in a non-inspection state.... FLORIDA!!!
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

Rotarynomore is an unknown quantity at this point
none

I dont get it, it's obivous that the projectors are better headlights. The brighter the better right? They came off a legal car so what makes them so illegal. The law is twisted.

Vote for
Me
Old 03-23-2005

it's considered a kit. and kits are illegal.