Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Pull apart taillights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
Pull apart taillights?

I not shure if this is in the right forum but here goes... Do you think it would be that hard to pull off the outer lens of euro tail lights to tint the inner chrome and lenses? here is a pic of the taillights...

any thoughts, suggestions, or if you have done this and have pointers all info and advice is appriciated, THANKS!
Old 03-14-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
it's hard to do. search, though, because i'm pretty sure i've seen someone paint them white on the inside (as opposed to the ugly chrome).
Old 03-14-2005
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
I've looked myself because I was thinking the same thing, but only found a couple of people who cracked the lens while trying to pull them apart. The only other option I've run across is tinting. Let me know if you find anything.
Old 03-14-2005
Registered!!

mexinaction will become famous soon enoughmexinaction will become famous soon enough
i was searching this also and i even tried to do it myself but gave up after trying unsuccessfully

its pretty hard

good luck
Old 03-14-2005

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
no luck so far on the search... sigh this is so annoying, lol
Old 03-14-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
i believe it's not possible to pull off the lenses. i too have heard of people cracking them while pulling them off.
Old 03-14-2005
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
Check this out

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=101858
Old 03-14-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
its difficult. just tint or find a different one that you like.
Old 03-14-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
pop them in the over for a few minutes, then use a heat gun. And pry like a ****. But don't leave them in the oven for too long, they may melt. I have no idea how to do it. This is the way I'd prob screw it up.
Old 03-14-2005

Originally Posted by bobsagator
Good find... maby this is possible... hum... Well if I feel lucky I may try and pry mine appart and if it works maby Ill do a DIY...
Old 03-14-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
slap some 04's on it and call it a honda instead of a rice mobile
Old 03-14-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by _Viper_
slap some 04's on it and call it a honda instead of a rice mobile
exactly what i was fixin to say...
Old 03-15-2005
Registered!!

typeRDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Go with stock tailights, or smoke out ur stocks....