Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

01 Civic Ebay Headlights, Need advise from you Pros

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SoufSidah09 is an unknown quantity at this point
01 Civic Ebay Headlights, Need advise from you Pros

What's up fellas, I'm repairing my 01 Civic and both headlights are gone so I need a replacement...

Ebay Headlights
I saw these on ebay, anyone have any experince with them? Do you know what type of bulbs it uses for High/Low beam?

Is it a direct replacement for the stock headlights?

Do you think I would have problems with these and I should just go with OEM?

Does anyone have a good price on OEM headlights if so?

Thanks, sorry if this is the wrong forum.
Old 03-09-2005
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Looks like stock replacements to me. You'll just need an H4/9003 for the headlight.

Only thing that might be a little screwy are the parking light and city light holes. I've seen where a lot of these are made for the 4dr. They're the exact same bulbs and everything, but the sockets are different. Why Honda didn't make the headlights interchangable, I dunno. You may have to get a set of sedan sockets if the bulbs don't fit in right.
Old 03-09-2005
Registered!!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Is H4/9006 the stock bulb combo?

Also do you have any idea if this will be the same quality as stock? or will I have fogging issues that I've seen people have with different aftermarket headlights?

BTW I have a 4Door EX..
Old 03-09-2005

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
Thanks for the quick reply!

Is H4/9006 the stock bulb combo?

Also do you have any idea if this will be the same quality as stock? or will I have fogging issues that I've seen people have with different aftermarket headlights?

BTW I have a 4Door EX..
H4 = 9003 = HB2. All the same bulb. It's a single bulb/dual filament for the low/high beams.

These will be about the same quality as stock. It wouldn't hurt to run some silicone around the seal, just to make sure. Consider it cheap insurance.
Old 03-09-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by taz757
Looks like stock replacements to me. You'll just need an H4/9003 for the headlight.

Only thing that might be a little screwy are the parking light and city light holes. I've seen where a lot of these are made for the 4dr. They're the exact same bulbs and everything, but the sockets are different. Why Honda didn't make the headlights interchangable, I dunno. You may have to get a set of sedan sockets if the bulbs don't fit in right.

I USED DUCT TAPE!
Old 03-09-2005
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
make sure you reseal them (w/ silicon) before you put them on
Old 03-09-2005
Registered!!

kileryoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
I cant be sure but i really dont think those are dot approved like it is said since they do not have the yellow turn inserts. But if being legal isnt an issue they look good for the price just make sure you seal them and you will be fine.
Old 03-09-2005
Registered!!

suthrninca is an unknown quantity at this point
I have those same lights with the black housing. I've had no problems with them fogging, yet. My only complaint is that the light field is not as even as the stock headlights.
Old 03-09-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
those look good. i think i may buy them for a new retrofit.
Old 03-09-2005
Registered!!

Thanks for the advice guys, I wanted to keep this as close to OEM as possible without paying $200 for OEM lights, the ones I listed above are gone...

What do you guys think of these: Projectors

Do these usually have the fogging problem? and will they also use H4 bulbs? I don't want and lights I have to babysit, just want a cheap replacment for factory... Thanks
Old 03-09-2005

I've always thought the Matrix projectors to be *really* ugly.

They'll work. They use an H1 bulb instead. Make sure you get a better bulb than what's included. Light output isn't optimal.
Old 03-09-2005
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
**The parking lamps will probably not fit right...you'll have to hot glue them in**

I bought "jdm" headlights off of ebay when i had my 01 ex and the main headlight bulb sat in its place fine but the others were totally different, be careful
Old 03-09-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
^you had a coupe. you might have needed the sedan sockets.
Old 03-09-2005
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
Projectors suck a$$.
Old 03-09-2005

really? projectors suck ***?
Old 03-09-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by taz757
I've always thought the Matrix projectors to be *really* ugly.
I would have to agree on that, I don't mind spending extra money to get somthing a little better...

How about these: Projectors2

I like these better, are they known to be ok?

Also I noticed the center projector to be purple, is it going to affect the light out? I like just clear light, I don't want anything that going to give me color...
Old 03-09-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by infinite012

really? projectors suck ***?

That's nice

Your car? if so what's your setup?
Old 03-09-2005

DOT Valeo D2S in TYC headlights. retrofit.
Old 03-10-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
I would have to agree on that, I don't mind spending extra money to get somthing a little better...

How about these: Projectors2

I like these better, are they known to be ok?

Also I noticed the center projector to be purple, is it going to affect the light out? I like just clear light, I don't want anything that going to give me color...
Anybody on this?

Thanks
Old 03-10-2005

they will still have a chance of fogging, just like any other aftermarket headlight.
Old 03-10-2005
Registered!!

Thanks, you guys were very helpful on this board.
Old 03-29-2005
Registered!!

Thanks for the advice guys, the car came out great!

Check it out here: 01 Civic EX 19K Miles 4SALE!

FYI this is going to Ebay in a week with a no reserve price of $7,999 if anyone's interested