Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Finishing some small mods *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Finishing some small mods *pics*

1st off sorry to use the word mods like that i dont want to sound retarted.
So far last night (friday to 2:30am saturday) I have:
*Finished painting eyelids / eyebrows (installing in spring, only checking color now)
*Painted altezza grill (drying now...install tonight)
*Installed color matched hood molding
*Revearsed L brackets on sub box to conceal bottom of metal bracket under box
*removed board behind seat and re-mounted (4 screws, 7 zip-ties )

Anyone know how to get the tape off the grill without it pulling all of the paint off in big flakes? should i get a razor and slightly cut the edge between the tape and paint?
Old 03-05-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
looks fun!
Old 03-05-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
razor would probably be your best bet. but you didn't use painters tape?
how is the color match? what part #/color and where did you get the paint?
Old 03-05-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
yea that color looks like a good match, how about it? how isthe match
Old 03-05-2005
my civic gets me pu**y.does yours???

D-Vus CIV can only hope to improve
more pics man and hows the match
Old 03-05-2005
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor

Xenin is an unknown quantity at this point
try a hairdryer to heat up the adhesives from the tape then pull it off carefully.
Old 03-05-2005
Registered!!

technick03 is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe the best way to remove tape is to do it when the paint is still wet, that way you can get a clean sharp edge. Once paint dries, it will stick to the tape, making it one with the fresh paint.
Old 03-05-2005

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Caucasian.Asian
umm yeah, still waiting.
Old 03-05-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
i wish i had as much time/motivation as you to work on my car. I have sooooooo much **** to install, but don't feel like it.
Old 03-05-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
^probably got the paint from advance auto

nice DIY projects.
Old 03-05-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Sorry To Keep You Waiting!

1st I ended up using a razor to cut under the tape and it worked pretty well, but I do have a little obvious edge between paint and plastic thats only visible within 1 foot or less. So its not perfect but it looks good either way. plus for how bad the paint is on my car it doesnt matter. previous owned sux with paint!

The only reason civic01vtec I have this time is cause spring break is coming up and the parents left for the weekend which means I can do whatever I want and dont have to terrify the mom with all the loose parts!

Paint is Duplicolor Artic Silver Metallic (matches SSM almost perfectly from more than 1 inch away)
In these pics keep in mind hood molding is SSM from honda and grill + mock-fitted eyelids are duplicolor.

Keep in mind eyelids wont be installed till better weather cause I dont want them getting too salty and stuff now...but grill couldnt wait!

Sorry it took so long me and my girlfriend spent some time together for once cause school is crazy now. thank god for spring break.
Old 03-05-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
you should use some clear coat on the grill.
Old 03-05-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by infinite012
you should use some clear coat on the grill.
on the grille itself? or just the painted section? for mine, i just did the painted section.
Old 03-05-2005

i did clear coat on the paint and thats it too!
Old 03-06-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Caucasian.Asian
i work at a body shop... u used the right tape and if the paint has been drying for a few hours just peel the tape off up and away from paint area be sure to do it like that. next tiem u paint something dry it quicker by putting it in the oven at the lowest setting for like 20 minutes then cool down for 20 more. thats how ur car is dried when its painted. the booth is a huge oven and we normally "bake" cars at 165 deg.
Old 03-06-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Now paint the washer nozzles
Old 03-06-2005

thanks for the advice, but I had to use a razor cause its too late. The tape is painters tape or whatever 3M calls it.
As for sanding I sanded it with 400 grit then 800 then cleaned it then painted. Didnt have time to sand between coats but Its on a car that has bad paint already so I dont mind at all.
Old 03-06-2005
Ultimate Member

Cjddrum1 has a spectacular aura aboutCjddrum1 has a spectacular aura aboutCjddrum1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by diskreet

Lookin good
Old 03-06-2005

looks good, i would want to paint my eyelids and grill myself like you but i would probably screw it up.
Old 03-06-2005
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
wow, looks pretty nice
Old 03-06-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
looks hardcore, now they need to come out with aftermarket 04-05 grilles
Old 03-06-2005

LOL thanks guy for such little mods these took alot of time and money $50 for eyelids and grill and $30 in paint and supplies!
But it was worth it and even though the paint is far from perfect on the grill it looks good enough and I saved a few $$$ from getting it painted by someone else.
I cant wait for my 16" HFP wheels and to install my eyelids once april rolls around