Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Buying new car - please advise!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
btwracing is an unknown quantity at this point
Buying new car - please advise!!!

I will be buying a new car in a few months and will probably opt for the Acura TSX. I need some advice from some of you experienced car buyers on the following points:

1. What would be the best time to get one (is there a particular time of year)? I am thinking of May or June as my timeframe.

2. I plan to put about 50% of the car's value as down payment. What kind of a price break (or bargaining power) can I expect to get? For example, if the car is priced at $25,000 how much can I bargain with the dealer?

Your help on this issue will be very much appreciated.

Thanks & peace,
btwracing
Old 02-27-2005
Registered!!

ACURAwerx is on a distinguished road
i would imagine the best time to buy will be the end of the year (when they are trying to sell the remaining cars left).. and the end of the month (when they are trying to make their monthly sales look good). You should buy from someomeone who is nice to you, most car salesman are jerks!
Old 02-27-2005
Registered!!

MIVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
go in there knowing your ****! and dont let them push you around remember the customer is always right. also best time of year to buy is end of the year
Old 02-27-2005
Registered!!

ACURAwerx is on a distinguished road
go in there like you own the place and demand to test drive a nsx
Old 02-27-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by btwracing
I will be buying a new car in a few months and will probably opt for the Acura TSX. I need some advice from some of you experienced car buyers on the following points:

1. What would be the best time to get one (is there a particular time of year)? I am thinking of May or June as my timeframe.

2. I plan to put about 50% of the car's value as down payment. What kind of a price break (or bargaining power) can I expect to get? For example, if the car is priced at $25,000 how much can I bargain with the dealer?

Your help on this issue will be very much appreciated.

Thanks & peace,
btwracing
1 - if ur gonna get an 05, I would wait even till november when the 06's come in......unless you go there in june/july with the price i found for you below.

2 - $25,472 thats the base tsx, manual, no navigation, destination charge and $300. offer them that price. if they dont take it, walk.
Old 02-27-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
spring clearance
Old 02-27-2005
Registered!!

JP375 is an unknown quantity at this point
a large down payment or paying for a vehicle in cash will usually not get you a better deal. They make more money off financing you a vehicle, the days of getting a deal by paying cash are over. So I don't think your huge 50% down payment will give you much to bargain with. Good luck
Old 02-27-2005
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
i would say usually july/august/september. honda tends to release their new model years later than everyone else.
Old 02-27-2005
Registered!!

dovo is an unknown quantity at this point
end of the year, / boxing week.
Old 02-27-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
dont tell them what your willing to pay. tell them how much you will pay. when i was buying a new car they were telling me i could get the car for 12,500 after 2500 in rebates so realistically i was getting no deal on the car because the automotive company itself was giving the price adjustment not the dealer... just so you know the dealer can sell the same car (TSX) from 23,000 to 26,000.. although honda dealers dont move so much on MSRP prices

if none of what i just said makes no sence.... just try to settle on a price before the dealer insentives.. and in most case you can buy a car below invoice and you may get the car for 1K less than you willing to spend
Old 02-27-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
1.Like mentioned, aim for the end of the month.

2.Someone also said that they make more off of financing, true. They'll offer you a chance to finance through them. The actual price is determined by the dealer, the supply they have left, and the time of the month. Try not to skew too far from the MSRP.

Try to find at least 2 car dealerships. Compare prices between them.
Old 02-27-2005
#1 S2000 Fan

ViNRoCk8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ACURAwerx
go in there like you own the place and demand to test drive a nsx

ROFL
Old 02-28-2005
Registered!!

12sec elcamino is an unknown quantity at this point
Labor day is a real good weekend for car sales, they are trying to make room for the next model year at this point. I would recomend getting a Scion tc and save thousands, its a very nice car for under 17 grand. But if you have to have an Acura, expect to pay for it. Honda does not deal like most dealers do, I would say when its all said and dont you will pay just a little less than sticker after tax, tag and title is added in to the deal. Igot a good deal on my 03 ex 5 speed coupe, it took me months to get my payment to 180.17 on a 60 month loan. It was the worst buying experiance I have ever had. I had to go to every dealer in central Florida and go back and fourth with everyone before I got the car I wanted for the price I wanted to pay for it. Good luch man!