Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My F'in Dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
My F'in Dealership...

Hey guys. So i finally took my car into the shop this morning for the 60,000 mile check up and so they can look at my suspension. Well - i just got a call from them saying everything with the suspension is all good....BUT I KNOW ITS NOT! my freaking car is sooo bouncy and has such a rough ride. What can i tell them? Im only making this thread for some extra help in searching...as you read this i am frantically searching for info/hiding my 2k1civic.com windows from my boss!! please help a fellow 7thgen brotha out!. thanks
Old 02-22-2005
Powered by Honda...

GuliziaN will become famous soon enoughGuliziaN will become famous soon enough
Just a guess... You've probably already thought about it...

But, if your car is modded and such with wheels and low profile tires wouldn't it be bound to having a little rougher ride?
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
if you go outside and push down on the hood or the trunk and let go does the car pop back up or bounce? if it bounces, check the shocks to see if theres fluid leaking. if there is, you have blown shocks. if the car pops back up, thats probably the way the car rides w/ your setup. what do you have?

the other thing is if you took it to honda and you have modded suspention, maybe they dont know what the specs are for your suspension if the shocks are aftermarket. but i dont know. take it to a regular shop and see what they say if youre really worried about it.
Old 02-22-2005

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
no wheels, no tires, no setup...im all stock (well for now, just ordered neuspeed sports!) suspension/wheels which is why im so pissed that my ride is bouncy.

Anywho-- i just got back from the dealership. i went on a test drive with a mechanic and went over a couple RR tracks and crappy roads to show him how bad the ride is. his reponse "well, i drive a lot of civics everyday - a lot of them feel like this" wtf?! i don't care how many feel like this - i don't want mine to be this way! I told him that he should compare with a newer civic because thats how it should be. after every bump and bounce i said "see, did you feel that? see did you feel that??!" he said "well sure, your shocks/struts are probably going out but they're not going to replace them unless they're completely blown" BS if im not happy with the ride, and i have the extended warrenty - shouldn't they be replaced?? fawk! so he ended up telling me to come back tomorrow and he would try and tighten the suspension bolts with an impact. i let it go with that offer - because at least he's acknowleging(sp??) that something is wrong. once i get it back tomorrow and am still not happy with the ride i will further my complaint.

anybody have any suggestions? am i doing the right thing? or should i have raised hell? hehe i dunno
Old 02-22-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Manthatguysfast
no wheels, no tires, no setup...im all stock (well for now, just ordered neuspeed sports!) suspension/wheels which is why im so pissed that my ride is bouncy.

Anywho-- i just got back from the dealership. i went on a test drive with a mechanic and went over a couple RR tracks and crappy roads to show him how bad the ride is. his reponse "well, i drive a lot of civics everyday - a lot of them feel like this" wtf?! i don't care how many feel like this - i don't want mine to be this way! I told him that he should compare with a newer civic because thats how it should be. after every bump and bounce i said "see, did you feel that? see did you feel that??!" he said "well sure, your shocks/struts are probably going out but they're not going to replace them unless they're completely blown" BS if im not happy with the ride, and i have the extended warrenty - shouldn't they be replaced?? fawk! so he ended up telling me to come back tomorrow and he would try and tighten the suspension bolts with an impact. i let it go with that offer - because at least he's acknowleging(sp??) that something is wrong. once i get it back tomorrow and am still not happy with the ride i will further my complaint.

anybody have any suggestions? am i doing the right thing? or should i have raised hell? hehe i dunno

honestly the warranty shouldnt have to replace parts due to customer being unsatisfied. its there to replace broken shocks. Just drive it longer and wait for them to go. be gentle though dont pop a tire or anything!
Old 02-22-2005
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
Hey if you have extended warranty and you are sure there is something wrong with ur suspension or whatever... tell them straight up there is something wrong and I want it replaced... if they try to make up some bs story.. just speak to the manager.

Also, I've heard that the 2001/2002 civics have crappy struts so its a common problem.. better get this fixed before you plan on lowering! unless you get aftermarket struts

good luck!
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
what year is it? if its a 2001 thats how they were, especially the sedans (although you have a coupe). they fixed that a little in the 2002. but stock suspension sucks. its bouncy as ****.
Old 02-22-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
time to start plowing over speedbumps so they blow out. It doesn't take much to do.
Old 02-22-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
PbFoot good ideas
Old 02-22-2005

Originally Posted by gearbox
time to start plowing over speedbumps so they blow out. It doesn't take much to do.

haha that was my first thought! haha but actually - i used to drive like an idiot when i first got the car - and i blew over speedbumps during my everyday driving! haha thats why im almost positive somethings wrong and not "oh thats how the 01's are, bumpy." i guess im going to have to blow them....especially cuz i just ordered those sport springs this morning. haha in fact the reason i finally took the car in was because i wanted new shocks/struts...that way i could replace those with aftermarkets...then if anything ever happened to my aftermarkets i could go back to a brand new stock set and everything would be all good.

so assuming i do take a few speedbumps fast....how will i know when enough is enough? will there be a loud sound or i'll just feel a really really rough ride??
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

ok, no offense to you or the dude that gave you the brilliant idea, but thats about the dumbest thing ive ever heard of. you want to purposely go and break your car? youre gonna have to pay for the new shocks anyway, you dont have warantee anymore if you have 60k on the car. and its a 2001 so youre well over 48 months or whatever also. but if you want to go plowing over speed bumps go right ahead. youre probably gonna break a lot more than your shocks.

if i were you id just go on the majestic honda site and order a set of new oem shocks for the "rainy" day. dont be an idiot.
Old 02-22-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
i think that he has the extended warranty, which is usually 7 years/100k miles i believe. but yeah, pbfoot is right, that would suck if you broke more than you wanted to, and they would probably blame it on you, and say you abused the car, etc., etc.
Old 02-22-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
sigh okay I would think people who know me would realize I wasn't being serious.
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

SingleCamCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
man that sucks.....
Old 02-23-2005
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea they wont fix any parts unless they're done for. ive had tons of problems but they wait a good month or two after i tell them to replace em. i get so pissed at the people when they tell me whats wrong cause they obviously dont listen to me
Old 02-23-2005

f*ck that, im goin over the speedbumps. haha jk but f*ck im pissed about this sh*t
Old 02-23-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
sux to hear that. I always that extended warranty was a waste lol.. I would just talk to the manager. If he wont budge then the General Manager. Maybe they can meet you half way, where they buy the part and you pay for labor or something. Just reason with the guy. Make them realize you bought the extended warranty on the car when you didn't have to and your probably going to trade in your car soon. If they want you to do business with them again and buy more of there useless warranties they should meet you at least half way. If you talk to them in a calm and logical manner you might get some where.

If not, i would just save to buy aftermarket shocks.