Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

The Time Has Come

Old 02-18-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
The Time Has Come

I've decided to sell my Civic. I've had her a since October of 2001, and the time has come for us to part ways. I'm gonna put it in the Auto Trader, and local newspapers, along with posting my number and price on the side of it. I'm sure you all will wonder why I'm getting rid of her, but the time has come for me to jump on the Scion bandwagon. I've been looking for a while now, and have test driven the tC several times, and I've come to the conclusion that this is the car for me. I'll stick around even after I get rid of the Vic cause there's not another car community like this one. Wish me luck.
Old 02-18-2005
The Rizing Sun

Akutenshi is on a distinguished road
damn, so many members getting new cars n ditching their vics. nice upgrade man. goodluck
Old 02-18-2005
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
What does your car look like? I don't think I have ever seen it....
Old 02-18-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
I'll take pics of it when they get done painting it again (i'm painting it back black to try and get as much money as possible, the flat black wouldn't bing as much as a shiny black paintjob). They've primed it so far. They'll paint it, I guess, in the next week or so. I know the guy and he's giving me a deal, so I'm not bitching about the time it's taking him (he's painting it for the cost of the paint only). I sold my drop to a local guy. Also sold the rota slips to the same guy. It looks dumb with the kit and no drop or rims, IMO, but I'd make the same money selling it as I would parting it out. I'm gonna list it for $7900. Not bad for an 01' EX with 32K miles I don't think. I'm just trying to get rid of it though, not trying to make any money on it. I'm ready for the Scion tC lol. BTW, I wasn't gonna take pics of it till I finished with it is why none have ever been posted. Damned, and I didn't get the tail light swap done, ya'll would have shat whe you saw it too, no one has done it yet.
Old 02-18-2005
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
Post pics of how you had it when it was modded y0. I wanna see
Old 02-18-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

I'll have to see if any of my friends have any. I never took pics of it because I never saw it as complete. Was going to paint it different when I had the tail swap done, but since that wasn't done, I didn't get it repainted anything but flat black. I tried to kind of copy the Skunk2 look, but kitted on a non Si. The new paint would have been platinum silver to the body line, and black with a cherry pearl on top with a red pin stripe that fishtailed(gets near the back and drips down wider) near the rear of the car seperating it. Hard to explain, but since I never had the BMW 745 Li tails put on that never happened.

Yep, that was my original idea, molding 745 Li tails onto it, complete with the light bar between them on the trunk.
Old 02-18-2005
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
If only the Honda execs could see how many Civic drivers they are losing to other car manufacturers...
Old 02-18-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
I sold my civic by totalling it. Good ol' insurance company. I got contacted by them and they said they will give me $10,600. Not bad for an 01 DX with 40k miles
Old 02-18-2005
Registered!!

sdl02 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think that you could get more for your car than just $7,900, even if you aren't trying to make money on it. that is a good deal for whoever buys it

i want to sell my civic too! i want something else
Old 02-18-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

Well, by paying double payments for the last 6 or 8 months, I actually have some equity built up and I'd still be pocketing $2200 as I only owe $5700 on it. But at that price it should sell quicker than at what it's worth, meaning I get the tC quicker. I'd put about $1000-1200 down and keep the rest, or buy parts for it. I got the Scion book, but didn't ask the guy at the dealer if the TRD supercharger package was available yet. I thought about getting the special edition, but it's not worth the $3300 to get one of 500 cars with ugly stuff all over it. I'm jut gonna get a white one with the lip spoiler and the lip kit. No additional goodies. I'll put what I want on it. Course it won't be much maybe a nice drop and some rims. The charger or turbo and a system. I'm not dumping money in it like I did the civic.
Old 02-18-2005
Registered!!

sdl02 is an unknown quantity at this point
cool...sound like a plan going with the tC. they are nice cars.

Originally Posted by PopcornPlaya
I'm not dumping money in it like I did the civic.
haha, yeah i feel you on that one. i have learned my lesson too, i am done spending money. with all the money i spent i could have had a nice down payment for something else
Old 02-18-2005
Registered!!

Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
ill be doing the same when the new si comes out =)
Old 02-18-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
jeff r u still turboed?
Old 02-18-2005
Registered!!

ChiNkYx1 is an unknown quantity at this point
sold my 01 too for a tC. Very happy w/ my decision and I'm sure you will too
Old 02-18-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
I wonder if this is gonna happen to me too when I get older..Decide to dump the civic for something like a BMW or Benz. ;x