Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   The Time Has Come (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/198235-time-has-come.html)

PopcornPlaya 02-18-2005 12:43 PM

The Time Has Come

I've decided to sell my Civic. I've had her a since October of 2001, and the time has come for us to part ways. I'm gonna put it in the Auto Trader, and local newspapers, along with posting my number and price on the side of it. I'm sure you all will wonder why I'm getting rid of her, but the time has come for me to jump on the Scion bandwagon. I've been looking for a while now, and have test driven the tC several times, and I've come to the conclusion that this is the car for me. I'll stick around even after I get rid of the Vic cause there's not another car community like this one. Wish me luck.

Akutenshi 02-18-2005 12:52 PM

damn, so many members getting new cars n ditching their vics. nice upgrade man. goodluck :tup:

abmerop18 02-18-2005 01:03 PM

What does your car look like? I don't think I have ever seen it....

PopcornPlaya 02-18-2005 01:14 PM

I'll take pics of it when they get done painting it again (i'm painting it back black to try and get as much money as possible, the flat black wouldn't bing as much as a shiny black paintjob). They've primed it so far. They'll paint it, I guess, in the next week or so. I know the guy and he's giving me a deal, so I'm not bitching about the time it's taking him (he's painting it for the cost of the paint only). I sold my drop to a local guy. Also sold the rota slips to the same guy. It looks dumb with the kit and no drop or rims, IMO, but I'd make the same money selling it as I would parting it out. I'm gonna list it for $7900. Not bad for an 01' EX with 32K miles I don't think. I'm just trying to get rid of it though, not trying to make any money on it. I'm ready for the Scion tC lol. BTW, I wasn't gonna take pics of it till I finished with it is why none have ever been posted. Damned, and I didn't get the tail light swap done, ya'll would have shat whe you saw it too, no one has done it yet.

abmerop18 02-18-2005 01:25 PM

Post pics of how you had it when it was modded y0. I wanna see

PopcornPlaya 02-18-2005 02:44 PM

I'll have to see if any of my friends have any. I never took pics of it because I never saw it as complete. Was going to paint it different when I had the tail swap done, but since that wasn't done, I didn't get it repainted anything but flat black. I tried to kind of copy the Skunk2 look, but kitted on a non Si. The new paint would have been platinum silver to the body line, and black with a cherry pearl on top with a red pin stripe that fishtailed(gets near the back and drips down wider) near the rear of the car seperating it. Hard to explain, but since I never had the BMW 745 Li tails put on that never happened.

Yep, that was my original idea, molding 745 Li tails onto it, complete with the light bar between them on the trunk.

PoorCollegeBoy 02-18-2005 02:49 PM

If only the Honda execs could see how many Civic drivers they are losing to other car manufacturers...

QBoi 02-18-2005 02:58 PM

I sold my civic by totalling it. Good ol' insurance company. I got contacted by them and they said they will give me $10,600. Not bad for an 01 DX with 40k miles :giggle:

sdl02 02-18-2005 03:04 PM

i think that you could get more for your car than just $7,900, even if you aren't trying to make money on it. that is a good deal for whoever buys it

i want to sell my civic too! i want something else

PopcornPlaya 02-18-2005 05:03 PM

Well, by paying double payments for the last 6 or 8 months, I actually have some equity built up and I'd still be pocketing $2200 as I only owe $5700 on it. But at that price it should sell quicker than at what it's worth, meaning I get the tC quicker. I'd put about $1000-1200 down and keep the rest, or buy parts for it. I got the Scion book, but didn't ask the guy at the dealer if the TRD supercharger package was available yet. I thought about getting the special edition, but it's not worth the $3300 to get one of 500 cars with ugly stuff all over it. I'm jut gonna get a white one with the lip spoiler and the lip kit. No additional goodies. I'll put what I want on it. Course it won't be much maybe a nice drop and some rims. The charger or turbo and a system. I'm not dumping money in it like I did the civic.

sdl02 02-18-2005 08:54 PM

cool...sound like a plan going with the tC. they are nice cars.

Originally Posted by PopcornPlaya
I'm not dumping money in it like I did the civic.

haha, yeah i feel you on that one. i have learned my lesson too, i am done spending money. with all the money i spent i could have had a nice down payment for something else

Jeff 02-18-2005 09:57 PM

ill be doing the same when the new si comes out =)

allmotor 02-18-2005 10:51 PM

jeff r u still turboed?

ChiNkYx1 02-18-2005 11:00 PM

sold my 01 too for a tC. Very happy w/ my decision and I'm sure you will too

ciVictoria 02-18-2005 11:15 PM

I wonder if this is gonna happen to me too when I get older..Decide to dump the civic for something like a BMW or Benz. ;x