Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

HOW do i re-paint this plastic part?????!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005
Abercrombie and Fitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joescivic02 is on a distinguished road
HOW do i re-paint this plastic part?????!!

Hey guys, on my driver's side where the power window buttons are, i have the silver surround......... but theres numerous scratches on it! does anyone know how i can repaint it? what paint and does it come apart as a single piece? i really wanna paint it because it looks like crap!
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
your gonna have to get some 600grit sand paper and sand the paint off. Then repaint it. I did it for my center console. Dipping the sand paper in some 70% concretate or higher alcohol helps to get off the paint too. I think you can use nail polish remover too, i think its a bit stronger then the alcohol. Do it on a weekend because its going to take forever.
Old 02-09-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
DON'T SAND YOUR CAR! If your not experienced... Take it to a shop. If you don't know what your doing your make it worse... Although, there always is the honda parts department to run to when you mess up!
Old 02-09-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
I've run to them many time... I love honda parts department! <3
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Blahman2
DON'T SAND YOUR CAR! If your not experienced... Take it to a shop. If you don't know what your doing your make it worse... Although, there always is the honda parts department to run to when you mess up!

if your careful its not bad. If your going to repaint it anyways, you wont see the scratches anyways. If you ever felt 600grit sand paper, it's barely sand paper. It feels like regular paper with some small bumps. Thats why i said it would take forever.
Old 02-09-2005
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
id sand blast it with 600grit for u and repaint it..but u live 2 far away
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

^^^^^^
i wish i had one. Took me like 3hrs to sand all that paint and primer away using that sand paper.
Old 02-09-2005
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
have it painted at a body shop. i ahve the part you're talking about/radio surround/center console/air vents all painted this way... it is factory Satin Silver Metallic with a clear coat and everything. here is a shot of my console.

Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

looks good...if you have the money then its worth i guess. Living on a poor college student budget i have to DIY.
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

typeRDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LogicWavelength
have it painted at a body shop. i ahve the part you're talking about/radio surround/center console/air vents all painted this way... it is factory Satin Silver Metallic with a clear coat and everything. here is a shot of my console.

thats a nice *** job, but it also costs a pretty penny. I mean if you got the money the best way to go is to take it to a body shop. But if your on broke status like the most of us just go with the sandpaper and paint. one of my friends used model paint it came out coo. just an idea if your really BROKE! hehe
Old 02-10-2005
Abercrombie and Fitch

joescivic02 is on a distinguished road
guys im only talking about the silver around the power windows......... what paint should i biuy and where can i buy it? its not glossy, its just a ssm looking color that im just gonna paint over...... i dont need a perfect job, just something to get rid of all the black scratches
Old 02-10-2005
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by LogicWavelength

how much did it cost to get that done a the body shop? anybody have any guestimates?
Old 02-11-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by joescivic02
guys im only talking about the silver around the power windows......... what paint should i biuy and where can i buy it? its not glossy, its just a ssm looking color that im just gonna paint over...... i dont need a perfect job, just something to get rid of all the black scratches

just buy the paint color listed on the diy for painting the trim pieces. I think that suppose to be the honda silver.