Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

So... Who actually wanted their car?

Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mexinaction will become famous soon enoughmexinaction will become famous soon enough
i was searching and decided on the civic cuz of the headlights (04)

i was looking at mazda6, and other sedan cars and decided to go with civic mainly cuz of mileage that you can get per gallon
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

Civic04 is an unknown quantity at this point
I went to the dealer for a 04 ex cp and thats what i got (got silver instead of blue, black int was a must silver was my second color choice anyway) You would have to pry the keys out of my cold dead hands.
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
i didnt really want a civic, but I was saving for a wedding and the civic was cheap enough so jut took it.
Old 02-07-2005
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
i was looking for a 96-02 4runner or a 99-00 si, but i got my 04 ssm vp coupe for only 11700, so im good
Old 02-07-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
We were originally planning on getting an Accord LX. The dealer was out however and when my dad crunched the numbers he said they would be a little high with me and my mom as drivers too. So we looked at a Civic. I loved it! when we were shopping for a car the only other car worth comparison was the Corolla and it wasn't as sporty. My dad ended up getting a nice looking black EX. It came standard with a lot of options on the Corolla. It was the last gen Corolla too becasue the redesign came several months after we bought ours.

When we bought our second car, the Corolla was redesigned, the Lancer was out, and some American cars were looking slightly better. American cars were out of the picture becuase of the bad quality. The Corolla was nicer than before, but the standard features on the EX were still just options on it. The Lancer looked ok, but it wasn't much compared to the redesigined interior of the Civic. The gauges on the Civic looked excellent, the seats were softer, and everything just looked great together. That was when we got out second Civic.
Old 02-07-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
I was stuck with 3 choices by the parents.... 03 Corolla, 02 Sentra, 02 Civic.... if it was my choice at the time, 4thgen Prelude... but I guess I'm happy b/c I will be needing a reliable econobox for a long while....
Old 02-07-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I was the first in Ottawa to get one....when I saw the first ever 7thgen I wanted it...for quite some time I was the only one bootin around in one and it was pretty cool.

I took 'er to the local shop and we just sat there and looked it over wondering what would come out for it and ****....good times.
Old 02-07-2005
F4i Pilot

PistolPete will become famous soon enough
i didnt want mine...i got it as a graduation present.
i added parts to it and everything and i still didnt like it.
im selling or trading it in, in the next 5-6 months though...
Old 02-07-2005
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
i had a love/hate relatioship with my car. i needed a car after i graduated so i got the civic and loved it, then i got into modding then i started hating it, now that modding is out of my system i'm back to loving it. in the long run i'm glad i got honda since after i pay it off i can save up for something with more luxury to it and not have to worry about it breaking down on me.
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
I wanted a 1994 or 1995 Civic EX..I was looking for one for a long time but couldn't find any then my parents told me to get something thats brand new and something i'm not going to have to put alot of work into it in order to fix up. So I got a 2001 Civic now in EBP I originally wanted it in NHBP cause I love the stealth look but it seems i'll just have to keep the EBP civic and do what I have to do with it.
Old 02-07-2005
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
I wanted my sedan. So I bought it.
Old 02-07-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
i wanted my civic. my parents were looking at getting me a ford contour that a friend of a friend was selling, but i still pushed for the civic. we looked at the corolla of the same year (2002), but it was too small for me (i'm 6'2). My arms were both on the armrests without me even moving them outwards at all!!!

i pushed for the civic, and am happy with my choice! yeah, there are other cars out there that i wish i had (Evo), but i'm still glad i got my civic!!!
Old 02-07-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
parents. but their making the payments so i cant complain.

but i did wanted a used car that would've cost less than half the total value but they denied. so i guess im mad about that since i didnt get what i wanted.
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

cmeias is an unknown quantity at this point
I wanted a 96-2000 but got a hellofa deal on my 01 couldnt pass it up.
Old 02-08-2005
Titanium Metallic. You got a problem with that?

Nodnero has a spectacular aura aboutNodnero has a spectacular aura about
I was in between a civic and a silverado. I decided to save some $$$ and get the vic (obviously) and have been extremely happy with my choice.
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

slowcoupe03 is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't exactly want a Civic. A year past college graduation and with a good job, I was tempted to buy RSX or a 2001 Prelude. But future MBA graduate school plans required that I have an inexpensive transporation when I quit work and go back to school full time.

I bang myself on the head and have regretful thoughts of not having splurged on a nicer car, everytime a RSX, Prelude, or RX-8 passes me. But then I look at my company's President's fleet of SL65 AMG and 3 weeks old 911 Turbo, and I keep reminding myself I'm saving for a grad school, higher future salary, and a M5 or Mustang Cobra.

For what it is, I'm quite happy with the Civic. It's a refined, sporty, stylish, inexpensive transportation. It'll do for now.

Cheers to materialism and capitalism.
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

spellspoil is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, i was kindof forced into my civic. I wanted a se-r....
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

sdl02 is an unknown quantity at this point
i didn't want a civic either, but at the time it was the only thing i could qualify for! i didn't really have any credit or anything
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

typeRDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Originally Posted by Overboost
I wanted a 91 CRX SI but my parents made me buy a new car because of my back and forth driving. I'm lucky I did, I wanted the 2002 2 dr Ex model but they only had it in green in the standard so I ended up getting the LX model in silver.
The Lx is nice, but I would've just held out and waited for the EX, (Thats just my thing I think when it comes to cars you should exactly what you want) Im sure your still happy with the LX though.
Old 02-08-2005
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
My dad gave it too me and I wish I had taken my moms solara.
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

05rallyered should not be trusted
i had an s10 before but after i was hit it had all these problems so i went down without my parents traded it in for an 05 lx,my only regret it that it is auto,but my dad pays for it while im in the acadamy,then once i get stationed ill get my wrx ive always wanted
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
I needed a more fuel efficient car. My other car is a 67' Mustang and you can imagine the gas it takes. I bought my civic back when gas was really going up in so cal and I couldn't afford the $20-30 every two days.
Old 02-08-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I wanted mine... originally I was going to get a cheaper used car but when faced with the benefits of getting new over used, I decided to go new and was going to get an SX 2.0 then saw my Civic at the deler and I HAD to have it, bought it a couple days later and I've been very happy.
Old 02-08-2005
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
I wanted this 2000 gsr sedan. It was so nice and had a killer price, but i come home from school and there is the crappy vic in the driveway. My dad got ripped on the deal.01 civic, 33 thousand miles, and OBVIOUS frame damage, for $11,000. And it has only given me problems.
Old 02-08-2005
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
I was looking into a Mazda 6, WRX and a Silverado... Yeah I had an ugly rollover from my trade in so had to cancel the three and found the Civic to be the cheapest....I'm happy with my choice just regret not getting a 5 speed...
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

Civicious is an unknown quantity at this point
I wanted the Sentra but got a better deal on the Civic. I have no complaints.
Old 02-08-2005
I Wanna Die Like God on the Cover of Time!

incubus7d is an unknown quantity at this point
iv always wanted a 99-00 Si but never could find any and i bought a 02 civic, from then on i just kept buying new ones each year, i finally bought a 00 Si and now is wrecked and messed up so now i bought an 05 Si im rocking that now
Old 02-08-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by incubus7d
iv always wanted a 99-00 Si but never could find any and i bought a 02 civic, from then on i just kept buying new ones each year, i finally bought a 00 Si and now is wrecked and messed up so now i bought an 05 Si im rocking that now

Funny you mention that...I was pretty much done trading in my ride for a 2000 SiR....they put the car in the back for me and everything..put the deposit on it and did all the paperwork but over the weekend someone broke into the yard and put it up on 4 spare tire jacks and ripped all the wheels, busted up the driver door and then the car fell off the jacks and the body skirts were trashed.....They said they would fix it but I didn't want it after having seen that.
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
i didnt. i actually was looking for an integra and found a nice one...but my dad said that it would be better to go w/ a new car because there is less risk of it breaking down and all that. plus we leased to reduce the cost. i didnt have a job at the time, only temping on and off...nothing stable, so the risk of the car breaking down was a big thing because i wouldnt have $$ to fix it. the civic was just the best one out of the cars i tested, so i got it.
Old 02-08-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
so it seems like most people here did not actually want their vics to begin with?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So... Who actually wanted their car?