Type-B front lip got 0wned by the snow - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Type-B front lip got 0wned by the snow

Old 01-26-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
Type-B front lip got 0wned by the snow

Yea its been cracking at the front right corner for awhile now. After driving through some SOFT!! snow, it finally gave in and took its last breath.

ANYone know where i can order a new one??

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TypeBlipowned.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	46147   Click image for larger version

Name:	TypeBlipowned2.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	46148   Click image for larger version

Name:	TypeBlipowned3.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	46149  
Old 01-26-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
err. that sucks ***. cheapest place to find one should be eBay. you can get it for $25 but shipping is $70. you can also buy front and rear together on ebay for $50 with the same shipping amount. i say you find someone who wants a rear and have them split the cost with you... just my 2cents
Old 01-26-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
if you wanna drive down to VA i have a type b front lip that i'd be willing to sell to ya for cheap
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

karlozc2003 should not be trusted
Damn you should consider a lip with a abs plastic.
Old 01-26-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Is your lip F/G or abs?

Just curious if the abs get brittle in the colder weather
Old 01-26-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
i beleive that lip was ABS plastic. It was white plastic material.

It was curbed and repainted about a year ago. I guess after that first curbing the structure got weak. THen after daily driving through a 2nd winter. It finally fell apart. Paint was already chipping and that area was cracked in multiple places.

I dont think it gets brittle in the winter. The rest of the Lip was perfectly in tact, and it drove through just as much snow.
Old 01-26-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

Im actually considering a Tsunami full front bumper asl well. Anyone know where the best price can be obtained?
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

jackal903 is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a type-a front lip.....after all the rains and cold weathers, it turned white color, i ddin't paint them at first since my car is black. do you guys think paints will protect them from snow or cold weather?
Old 01-26-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

I think its fine as long as you dont let the snow or water FREEZE and become ice on the paint. I think the freezing of the ice breaks off paint.

My sides where professionally painted by a body shop and have lasted all the weathers. THey are only scraped becuase i scraped them. Otherwise they have no chipping or anything.

My front and rear where painted by a "friend" and now they are falling part. The rear is peeling and chipping. I guess i got what i payed for /
Old 01-26-2005
I spent 1425 points to do this.

SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah ive got the same lip... so far so good (first winter). i did curb it a couple times, it is cracked a little on the bottom side...im waiting for it to die too sucks spending all this money for it and having it painted...just to see it get screwed!
Old 01-26-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
this is why i took my lip off for the winter