Installing Gauge face? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2005   #1
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Installing Gauge face?

Anyone know how to do this...How hard is it? Is there a DIY on this site that someone can point me in the right direction towards? Thanks
jeffsta17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005   #2
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Ok ill make it easy...
1. remove the two screws above the gauges.
2. Pull on black bezel, but keep in mind its glued right behind the steering wheel so be careful
3. Remove the screws holding the gauge cluster in.
4. Remove wire plugs from gauge cluster, and pull out the cluster.
5. Unclip plastic cover, remove
6. Install gauge faces. Bend gauge faces, DO NOT MOVE/PUSH NEEDLES!!!!!!!
7. run wires out. I used a dremel to take a little off the lip on the clear cover to let the wires pass through.
8. Re-install clear cover. Plug in wires. Screw in cluster. Screw in bezel. done. yes its easy but intimidating if you never did anything like it before. Take your time.

Step 1 refers to the two screws on the very top left and right of the pic.

Last edited by diskreet; 01-20-2005 at 11:44 PM.
diskreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005   #3
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
1. wrong forum
2. search for diy

gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #4
my civic has no boost

hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted
dont get intimidated by something uve never done before, we all work on our cars cuz its fun and we all learn thinigs bout our cars we never knew before. u might screw somethin up but it could ALWAYS be fixed, as long as u have the confidence go ahead and dig in. JUST DONT TOUCH THE NEEDLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:e ek:
hotrodcivic2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #5
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does moving the needles screw up the reading they give?
jeffsta17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #6
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodcivic2004
dont get intimidated by something uve never done before, we all work on our cars cuz its fun and we all learn thinigs bout our cars we never knew before. u might screw somethin up but it could ALWAYS be fixed, as long as u have the confidence go ahead and dig in. JUST DONT TOUCH THE NEEDLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:e ek:
Umm, you HAVE to touch the needles to put gauge face in, just don't remove it.
civicvtec1ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #7
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I've had mine off 20+ times and they're fine for the most part. Better to keep em on tho, since there's no need to take them off anyway.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #8
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsta17
Does moving the needles screw up the reading they give?
Honestly not unless you really move it hard or something, but its not worth the chance! Touch it as minimily as possible.
diskreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #9
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
you can move the needles as much as you need to...gas and temp have internal stops...don't test their integrity. Tach and Speed return to their position automatically. A good way to make sure the new faces wont stop the needles is to move them...if they dont go back to 0, you need to stick your faces down more.
skipbarber is offline   Reply With Quote