Somebody broke into my car! - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2005   #1  
Registered!!

pnoiracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Somebody broke into my car!

one morning I found my driver side's mirror broken... my $400 stereo was still there but my $200 radar detector was gone... and **** obviously that ***** just wanna insult me.. anyway, if I claim this to insurance.. is my insurance gonna go up? that's just my question.. thanks!
pnoiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #2  
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoiracer
one morning I found my driver side's mirror broken... my $400 stereo was still there but my $200 radar detector was gone... and **** obviously that ***** just wanna insult me.. anyway, if I claim this to insurance.. is my insurance gonna go up? that's just my question.. thanks!
your insurance will most likely go up
Voiceofid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #3  
The Rizing Sun

Akutenshi is on a distinguished road
damn. that sucks bro.

what kind of detector was it? n nething else stolen but that?
Akutenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #4  
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
That makes me iffy to get a nice radar detector. Its so easy to steal and see.......
dru106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #5  
Registered!!

yupitsme is an unknown quantity at this point
i say you just fix it yourself... i know my dad's got a $500 deductable, and i doubt fixing a window is worth it... and the insurance probably would go up
yupitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #6  
Registered!!

20civic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
it depends on your insurance and how much your deductible is. under my insurance something like a break in is covered under comprehensive and shouldn't make your insurance go up.
20civic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #7  
Registered!!

i got the cobra (radar detector) one.. i think newest model... it really sucks.. it must be somebody i know.. they didn't even take my stereo it was still on the deck.. just the radar detector.. if I find out who did it.. i would fukin burn their car...
Old 01-18-2005   #8  

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
if you have comprehensive coverage the mirror and any damage to the vehicle would be covered under that minus your deductible. Comprehensive claims are non-chargeable in any state. the radar detector would be covered under a homeowners or renters policy, however that policies premium will go up from the claim. my advice, claim the mirror and damage to the car and just let the detector go cause its not worth it.
soonercivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #9  
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
your deductible to claim the detector is probably more than getting another detector. and just like soonercivic said...your insurance can't go up as a result of your car being broken into. File a police report if you havent done so already and call your insurance. whats the point of having insurance if you cant use it when you need it?
skipbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #10  
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
grr the radar detector is like the most important piece of equipment in your car!
i8dabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #11  
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
did you have an alarm???
_Viper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #12  
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
My car got busted into back in 2001 and they ripped out my Altezza's and did some other dammage.

I didn't replace the lights but instead got the money back as they were a little hard to find way back then.

My premiums didn't go up at all after the repairs were made.
Pharoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #13  
I'm The Ballz Of 7th Gen

MishBallzEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks dude..sorry....hope u can get another one
MishBallzEM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005   #14  

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
just claim it. get whatever you can out of it. they wont cover your radar detector because it is considered personal property in the vehicle which is covered under your home policy. if you got any more questions hit me up. im an insurance agent licensed in 48 states.
Old 01-18-2005   #15  
Registered!!

thanks guys.... my deductible is $500 (I though) but my mom told me it's $1000 deductible so my insurance would go down a lil' bit.. is this true or bullsh1t? anyway, I won't get anything anyways right? because of my deductible?
Old 01-18-2005   #16  

probably not. get an estimate and see if its worth it. and after this is over, lower your comp deductible to 500. that will probably be less than 10 bucks a month in difference. its hardly ever worth it to go past 500 on your deductible.
Old 01-18-2005   #17  
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
if its just your window, then you're probably covering it...
CivicsRdBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #18  

probably not, my window replacement cost me about 150. side windows are comparatively cheap.
Old 01-19-2005   #19  
Registered!!

my side windows got replaced for $120... i guess i will leave it like this coz my mom said just to get a police report... it sucks.. i wanna put a camera on my driveway...
Old 01-19-2005   #20  
Go Team Venture!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
cameras are the way to go.. im not worried about my car getting broken into.. but theres a big dead tree thats just dying to fall on my car as soon as we get a real heavy snow.. and as pissed off as im gunna be.. somehow id be ok with it as long as i got to see it happen..

and just a though on the radar detector.. run the wire up the side of the dash.. then behind the A pillar.. then along the headliner.. then velcro the detector to the readview cover.. this keeps it out of site and it still works..
againifall is offline   Reply With Quote