Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Bought an SRT-4 tonight!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005
I'm The Ballz Of 7th Gen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MishBallzEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mootlif3
I still love that car, and it seems to react so well to mods. I sorta want one still, neon or not. You can say "oh, it's a neon." but still, we just drive a civic. So I mean come on people, put it into perspective here.
true, but its still a neon...lol
Old 01-12-2005
I'm The Ballz Of 7th Gen

M.o.p.a.r.
Old 01-12-2005
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RiceBuRNeR
Oh and I agree that the Cobalt SS is a better looking car, but its just not as much of a performer...
It's a Saturn Redline with a Cavalier-ish body and it's a POS.
Old 01-12-2005
EM2/DC5/LS1

spyder2333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by RiceBuRNeR
Ok, Im going to try and lump allot of answers into this post.

I got the car for a little over $17,000 out the door.

Yes I know that WRX's and EVO's are faster but they were out of my price range, an evo gos for $33,000 where I live.

Yes turbo vics are faster than a stock SRT-4, but You all know I wont keep it stock Im allready ordering the stage 2 kit and mopar exhaust. Thats good for 0ver 300 WHP.....

To the guy w/ the GTO STFU. thoose are 2 totaly diff cars.....my 98 SS camaro will bend your car over and rape it....just like it would the SRT-4.

The reliability has greatly imroved since 2003, so Im not worried. Atleast I have a warenty and a turbo together this time around.

There is no replacement for displacement....a 2.4L twin cam turbo motor is a much better platform than a 1.7L single cam. Say it w/ me boys and girls "torque"

There are lots of street driven 12 second and faster SRT-4's

I am doing a 2" drop very soon

and whats w/ the "hope you dont like making turns" coment? that thing comes out of corners like crazy thanks to the factory Quaife LSD.

Dont get me wrong I still love this site and will continue to be a member. Like I said I sold the vic to my GF so Im still driving it from time to time.
First of all im not hatin on u for buying the srt 4 i was wishing you luck and i wasnt quoting u on beating ur car someone on this forum said the srt 4 will beat any car on this site and my reply was no cause of my car. so it wasnt towards you and for you to tell me to stfu and ur camaro will bend my car backwards is false, yeah ur camaro is fast but u wont bend it backwards my car stock is 350hp and 365lbs of torque stock and im gonna do some work so watch what you say, if you dont know what u talkin about
Old 01-12-2005
Registered!!

realitycheck is an unknown quantity at this point
Well first off as I previously stated that I said I would do this, "I was wrong you guys were right" I wasnt referring to swaps I was talking about just turboed d17's and the video of the srt-4 and the civic was of a swapped and turboed vic I think! But either way you guys proved me wrong. I guess I should pay more attention to the times you turbo guys are getting in our little 1.7 liters. Congrats to you guys who can take the srt-4. I still like the car though. I have a question though how come honda doesnt have something like mopar is to dodge. Where you can just go and buy performance parts and have them installed and still have factory warranty?
Old 01-12-2005
Riceburners Bitch

blkdak99rt is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MishBallzEM2
M.o.p.a.r.
MOtor PARts? you realize thats what that stands for right and just is a generic aftermarket term for chrysler jeep dodge, etc
Old 01-12-2005
Si(R) killer # 1

CoupeStylz is an unknown quantity at this point
because Honda doesn't really give a crap about performance. It's all about image with Honda. They'd rather sell you chrome exhaust tips and body kits.
Old 01-12-2005
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
i love the SRT's... until i saw the insurance quote i got. how's the insurance on yours?
Old 01-12-2005
I'm The Ballz Of 7th Gen

Originally Posted by blkdak99rt
MOtor PARts? you realize thats what that stands for right and just is a generic aftermarket term for chrysler jeep dodge, etc
No It Stands For... Most Original Parts Are Rusty
Old 01-12-2005

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Cjddrum1
eh...its alright, but a neon is a neon
Just a neon?? Hmmm...I dn't know about that...I've never actually drove one before, but they look freaking nice and I've witnessed its power on the highway against a mustang. The dude was running circles around the Ford.
IMO, it's a very nice car and for its value it's probably the best bang for your buck.
Old 01-12-2005
Registered!!

danase is an unknown quantity at this point
You should of waited a little longer man. You could of got this instead: http://srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108425
Old 01-12-2005
I want a TSX!

sevenplaces is on a distinguished road
congrats....you just bought the car with the worst interior E-V-E-R!... oh and what nodnero said
Old 01-12-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by danase
You should of waited a little longer man. You could of got this instead: http://srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108425

Couldn't they have at least color matched the mirrors? lol.
Old 01-12-2005
The Original F*ckin Angry Armenian

ArtIntown11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i want a lotus elise pretty badly. That **** is sick.
Old 01-12-2005
I want a TSX!

Originally Posted by ArtIntown11
i want a lotus elise pretty badly. That **** is sick.
heck yea!

I was at the LA auto show and there is this section where its all about mods and limited production cars. there was a guy who had a booth and all he does is swap honda motors into elise's. His latest swap is a k20A (the JDM CTR one). That thing is the fastest N/A car I have personally ever seen and heard of. Something like 0-60 in 2.9 sec @ 100+ mph (i think 117 or something). All i can say is HOLY COW! Raw HP/Torque + really really light chassis = really quick.
Old 01-12-2005
I'm The Ballz Of 7th Gen

Originally Posted by sevenplaces
heck yea!

I was at the LA auto show and there is this section where its all about mods and limited production cars. there was a guy who had a booth and all he does is swap honda motors into elise's. His latest swap is a k20A (the JDM CTR one). That thing is the fastest N/A car I have personally ever seen and heard of. Something like 0-60 in 2.9 sec @ 100+ mph (i think 117 or something). All i can say is HOLY COW! Raw HP/Torque + really really light chassis = really quick.
Nice
Old 01-12-2005
soooon to be psshh

kimchi29 is an unknown quantity at this point
rice burner , forget what all these people are saaying, deep down inside they know they'll drive that car. im saying i would. good luck with it, and the sad thing is, you'll be smoking the crap out of most of the vics around you =( have fun and be safe. key word SAFE!
Old 01-12-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
heck yes i would drive that car! my only issues is interior, the car's *** looks too high, and i never got to test it around corners so i don't know how it handles. straight line speed is nice. for sure best bang for buck. i'd still rather do a k20 swap and turbo that.
Old 01-12-2005
Registered!!

Keet will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ArtIntown11
Like I said man...i dont like putting people down...im happy you got a nice car...I just wouldnt get it...but this thread isnt about my opinions its about your car...so congrads and drive safe!
Best response yet to this post.
I guess my question is why you got the car, like what benefits did you see? Obviously resale value and reliability are out of the question, as are keeping it stock and making it a "family car" one day.
Honestly no offence, there are plenty of good things about the SRT-4, but to me it seems like a Neon that's trying to a be Viper and a WRX and failing greatly, but then totally making up for it in price. Sure it's great stock, but how many people actually can stand to KEEP it stock?
People either love this car or hate it, I guess I'm trying to be objective but getting pulled towards the haters.
Old 01-12-2005
I want a TSX!

all that matters is that you are happy with it. I drive an EP3 now and many people either say DAAAANNNNGGG sweet ride! or many people call it a minivan. I don't care either way, I love it and thats all that matters.
Old 01-12-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
enjoy your new car whatever car it is
Old 01-12-2005
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by spyder2333
First of all im not hatin on u for buying the srt 4 i was wishing you luck and i wasnt quoting u on beating ur car someone on this forum said the srt 4 will beat any car on this site and my reply was no cause of my car. so it wasnt towards you and for you to tell me to stfu and ur camaro will bend my car backwards is false, yeah ur camaro is fast but u wont bend it backwards my car stock is 350hp and 365lbs of torque stock and im gonna do some work so watch what you say, if you dont know what u talkin about
Lol relax man, Im just messing w/ ya.... but if you look up the specs on an SS youl find that they make more power than the same year vetts.... My replly wasnt ment to be malicous (SP?)
Old 01-12-2005
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dragoon
i love the SRT's... until i saw the insurance quote i got. how's the insurance on yours?
$1,064 every six months
Old 01-12-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
how old are you?
Old 01-12-2005
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by wrussi
with it the more hp the more responsabiliy as my dad says

That is a very good lesson to be learned. Your father deserves a good parent award for that quote. IMO most young kids still in their teens arent responsible enough, nor do they possess the experience needed behind the wheel of an automobile to handle a car with a lot of power without wrecking it and/or killing themselves or someone else for that matter. I look back when I was a teen and in all honesty, I KNOW for a fact I wasnt as good of a driver then, as I am now.
Old 01-12-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
congrats on the buy
Old 01-12-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by thiscrackerntam
That is a very good lesson to be learned. Your father deserves a good parent award for that quote. IMO most young kids still in their teens arent responsible enough, nor do they possess the experience needed behind the wheel of an automobile to handle a car with a lot of power without wrecking it and/or killing themselves or someone else for that matter. I look back when I was a teen and in all honesty, I KNOW for a fact I wasnt as good of a driver then, as I am now.
I think the exact same thing when i look back too. probably still will in like 5 years.
Old 01-13-2005
Turbo Member

Originally Posted by gh0st
how old are you?
20 w/ no accidents and only 1 speeding ticket.
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

wantaturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
ouch, i would hate to see mine, 19 3 speeding tickets, 1 ticket for entering turn lane to early and 1 accident. I pay 750 every 6 months because of good student discount but that was also before 2 speeding tickets and entering turn lane early ticket(complete bs) which all happened in september. Im kinda scared to see what it will be in April specially casue my day has had a speeding ticket and 2 accidents since then as well. We'll probobly get kicked off, haha its gonna suck. i'll probobly be paying what you do.
Old 01-13-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
230 Whp & 260 Wtq...........not Bad @ All For A Neon

Quick Reply: Bought an SRT-4 tonight!!!