Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

JDM "style" on ssm coupes

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Sidemarkers are JDM. Put those on. You know, the amber/orange ones - genuine Honda Japan ones can be found on Ebay or from our registered vendors on the site. How about some lightweight rims like Spoon or Mugen (or Rotas if you can't afford the real deal). I don't consider CF hoods "JDM", but they may go well with blacked headlights.
Old 01-03-2005
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
i just wanna know WHY? why try to look stock? spend lots of money modifying a car.. to look like you've not done anything? WTF.. i don't get it.
Old 01-03-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
lol dezods turbo kit isnt stock
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Cocky
i just wanna know WHY? why try to look stock? spend lots of money modifying a car.. to look like you've not done anything? WTF.. i don't get it.

Because some people dont need to be all flashy an blingy to be noticable, some people do, some dont. Just depends... Diff strokes for diff folks thats all.
Old 01-03-2005

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ =)
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
don't speak for all of us. i'm sorry i hate the whole idea of trying to make a car look stock.

Thats why i said most of us are "grown ups". Being most of us dont hate on the way that others "mod" their ride. But its all good man, DO ur thing and move on and as long as each and everyone of us is happy with our own ride, thats all that matters....
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

909 will become famous soon enough
Why do women buy makeup to look "natural".

One word = Clean
Old 01-03-2005

I didn't ask for sarcasm or anythign here guys, I just wanted pictures and ideas from peoples rides... my thread isnt titled "please tll me why i shouldent do jdm styling" is it?
Old 01-03-2005

Wait.. lemme look... IT DOESNT!
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

bradaven760 is an unknown quantity at this point
My SSM (MAYBE JDM) I dont know...

Pics of my SSM civic can be seen here. I dont know if it is JDM or not. I just liked the look so I went with it.
Check it out here: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/car/54277452.html

There are some good pics of the car there. let me know what you all think.. is this JDM style?

Brad
Old 01-03-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I'm tellin ya man, sidemarkers and some nice Spoons (or replicas thereof).
Old 01-03-2005

Yeah, I'm thiking of sidemarkers.. but man I'd have to really trust the bodyshop to not screw up when they hack my fenders... =)
Old 01-03-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 909

One word = Clean
lol he's got it...

but anyways, black out the headlights, get folding mirrors, oem style body kit (ebay has some nice ones sometimes), orange or clear side markers, black or anthracite rims with polished lip would look nice, CF hood, maybe some eyelids and........add an extra 2 doors. lol i couldn't resist.
Old 01-03-2005

LOL 2 extra doors.. =*( thats why I said "style" lol.. and I'm getting the rs lipkit.. or trying to since I cant find the whole kit lol
Old 01-03-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Yeah, I'm thiking of sidemarkers.. but man I'd have to really trust the bodyshop to not screw up when they hack my fenders... =)
Ask around your area, word of mouth is really the only way to find a good bodyshop vs a bad one without having had work done there previous.
You know, it's not hard, you could just do it yourself and save some bucks.
Old 01-03-2005

No, no, I know good bodyshops, but still that makes me nervous lol.. lol
Old 01-03-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

You think you got it bad? My friend installed mine at his shop, and he broke his dremel on my fender....after about 20 minutes of heartbreaking metal grinding noises....well, I'm gonna stop whoring this thread now I think. Good luck man and do post pics when you're done. Don't let others get you down.
Old 01-03-2005

lol aight thx bro
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 909

One word = Clean
Nicely put!!!
Old 01-03-2005

^^amen
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

I FuSe I has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by civicrice
ohh, i see. Sorry . i need to paint my headlights and get a cf hood. How stupid can i be
Don't forget hoodpins
Old 01-03-2005
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
I didn't ask for sarcasm or anythign here guys, I just wanted pictures and ideas from peoples rides... my thread isnt titled "please tll me why i shouldent do jdm styling" is it?
i'm not being sarcastic. i asked a simple question. it's clean when you buy a stock usdm too. so why jdm? if you want a stock, clean look.. why not just buy a stock usdm, drop it, wheels.. or whatever. why jdm? it's not like people are gonna think it's really jdm anyway.
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

isuzu5000 will become famous soon enoughisuzu5000 will become famous soon enough
don't speak for all of us. i'm sorry i hate the whole idea of trying to make a car look stock.
well...i hate the whole idea of lambos, blue neons....and a wings west body kit. reminds me of f&f too much. heres my headlights...painted w/ a graphite color.

Old 01-03-2005

^Love the headlights =)
Old 01-03-2005
Cocky guys kick ass!

Originally Posted by isuzu5000
well...i hate the whole idea of lambos, blue neons....and a wings west body kit. reminds me of f&f too much. heres my headlights...painted w/ a graphite color.
see what's gonna impress a chic more.. my lambos, or your red honda emblem, scooter.
Old 01-03-2005

LOL, is your car gonna fly away?
Old 01-03-2005
Cocky guys kick ass!

possibly. never knew with this many ponies..
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

civicrice should not be trustedcivicrice should not be trusted
^^^^
Old 01-03-2005
Cocky guys kick ass!

a pink face with a broken arm? HMMM.
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
its the fact that jdm civic looks clean and i would go for jdm look over lambo doors and neons and gay **** like that any day.

Quick Reply: JDM "style" on ssm coupes