should i switch back to the stock shifter? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

View Poll Results: should i switch back to the stock shift knob?
yes 16 50.00%
no 16 50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2004   #1
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
should i switch back to the stock shifter?

i have an automatic with a shift boot on it, i tried to switch to the OEM manual console piece but it wont work with my MOMO shift boot. the way i have it now is the boot is stretched over the stock shift box, which put stress on the console piece and made it crack. should i keep it the way it is with the boot or switch back to stock? you guys decide for me

MOMO shift ****

Stock shift ****

Last edited by EnProceso; 12-12-2004 at 07:55 PM.
EnProceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #2
myspace.com/misterwarren =]

Xplocv2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
cant go wrong with stock... go back to it.. run to it =]
Xplocv2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #3
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Stock looks much cleaner. Don't deny your auto heritage.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #4
PH1
Registered!!

PH1 is an unknown quantity at this point
stock would look better imo
PH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #5
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stock...just because the rest of the interior is that way...except the switches. Im doing that same thing with the shift boot on an auto, how exactly did it crack?
jeffsta17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #6

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsta17
Im doing that same thing with the shift boot on an auto, how exactly did it crack?
pushing the console to force it to fit over the boot made the piece that goes around the boot crack in 4 different places. they werent big cracks, they are actually pretty small but i just like to keep a clean/perfect car.
Old 12-12-2004   #7
Registered!!

civic_kyd is an unknown quantity at this point
u should have used actual stick center console... cuz it fits fine... thats what i did.. wit stock ****
civic_kyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #8
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
what are all of those switches for, oh, and stock would look nicer...
xX03EXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #9

^^switches are for neons

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic_kyd
u should have used actual stick center console... cuz it fits fine... thats what i did.. wit stock ****
i just tried to use the MT console piece, it doesnt work with my shift ****, well it will but after putting it back on, getting the console off again would be a BIG pain in the ***.
Old 12-12-2004   #10
Registered!!

civic_kyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnProceso
i just tried to use the MT console piece, it doesnt work with my shift ****, well it will but after putting it back on, getting the console off again would be a BIG pain in the ***.
hmm... interesting... it was easy for me to install.... u sure u took everything out? u gotta take out 4 things out of center console to fit MT center peice to fit on it
civic_kyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #11
Registered!!

mexinaction will become famous soon enoughmexinaction will become famous soon enough
stock, imo
mexinaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #12
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stick w. stock...it is your dessstiny.
dre2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #13
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
am i the only one thats going to say that you should keep the boot and **** you have now? just change it to the manual console. i dont see why it shouldnt work with the momo boot, im sure youre not the first one to try it. and theres a boot on the manual cover anyway, so you just have to replace it w/ the momo one.

i think the stock shifter looks very plain and cheap. i dont see why everyone likes it so much.
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #14
Registered!!

jakejham should not be trustedjakejham should not be trusted
stock is stank dude
jakejham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #15
Registered!!

jakejham should not be trustedjakejham should not be trusted
j/p def go back to stock
jakejham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #16
Go Team Venture!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
if you go back to stock ill take the momo off yer hands
againifall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #17
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
get the manual shift boot garnish with that momo ****. that ish will look hot!
Alex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #18
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
It looks good. Keep it even though something cracked.
CivicsRdBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #19
Registered!!

flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Go back to stock.. it reminds me of how peeps put a V8 badge on a V6 car. Sorry, no offense.
flotsamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #20
Got the broccoli in my back pocket

2k3kansasEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFoot
am i the only one thats going to say that you should keep the boot and **** you have now? just change it to the manual console. i dont see why it shouldnt work with the momo boot, im sure youre not the first one to try it. and theres a boot on the manual cover anyway, so you just have to replace it w/ the momo one.

i think the stock shifter looks very plain and cheap. i dont see why everyone likes it so much.
ya i agree I am swtiching mine some time too. keep it!
2k3kansasEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #21
People Eating Tasty Animals PETA

Gangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to all
I like it but still no need to hide the fact that it is auto...mine is auto, wish my wife (girl friend at the time of purchase) got stick. oh well.
Gangsta Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #22

11 votes for yes, 10 for no. so today i switched back. looks cleaner but i forgot how tall the stock shifter was.
Old 12-19-2004   #23
Registered!!

ZodCivik is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe a different boot? it looks raggety. I like the **** looks coo. Just get rid of that lil spiky hair guy sticker and vacuum ur car . :P
ZodCivik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #24

raggety? its italitan leather! lol
Old 12-19-2004   #25
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
for some reason that looks actually nice lol. I would keep it
allmotor is offline   Reply With Quote