Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

oem fogs on my ride?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
oem fogs on my ride?

Should I get em installed? I'm worried they're not gonna look as clean. Does anyone have pics of them installed? Preferably with oem lip and daytime pics please.
Old 12-05-2004
Forum Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz Erthang
I hate walking by civic's in the parking lot and seeing those.

One main reason:

Walked past a 2004 civic last night in the Best buy parking lot and looked at the fog lights and drooled. That was until i got up close to them and saw they were cracked and damaged to hell.

This wasn't the first civic i've seen with this problem.

Steve, you know what you should do with your car. Just leave it the way it is.
Old 12-05-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Yeah the fogs I installed on AggressiveAdam's ride cracked in less than 24 hours. I'm working on a way to perhaps put some lucite in there instead....yes indeedy.
Old 12-05-2004
MIT
Registered!!

MIT is an unknown quantity at this point
GearBox,
here's mine with OEM style fog, same as OEM but made by DEPO... since you got HID, so if you installed the fog and u should get some ION light bulb in there, will look pretty nice, like IS300......

well, i got ion bulb for fog, and headlight/parking light in super white.
Old 12-05-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Okay I'm not worried about cracking, just how they will look. The main reason I bought em is for bad weather when the hids become useless. I can't see in the rain at all. But I don't want em looking bad during the day.
Old 12-05-2004
MIT
Registered!!

if you worried about cracking, just get them tint with some ion/blue film.....i tinted mine, so they wont cracking easily, been there like 8months now. still good
Old 12-05-2004
Premium Member

I'm getting clear lamin-x film that's 40mil thick. They won't be breaking unless I get hit with a boulder. I think I'm gonna get them installed, and maybe get those ion yellow bulbs if the stock doesn't improve visibility.
Old 12-05-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
ive had mine on the car for like 2 years? yea there are pitts from rocks hitting them but, they havent cracked... I' am gonna try that stuf from home depot and give it a shot... I bet the light would be so much clearer too haha
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

-Vile- is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM fog lights look pimpin on 7th Gens....

A co-worker of mine got a 04 EX coupe after I got my 04 LX sedan...The front looks the same really aside from the grill...but his fog lights just makes the car look so sweet
Old 12-05-2004
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Heres mine...they arent OEM but they are fogs and look good i think
Old 12-05-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
OEM would look hot, imo.. Put some yellows if the stock bulbs don't work well..
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
I want some OEM fogs as well..
Cuz I have the same problem as you (HIDS suck when itz raining)
I'd say go for it
Old 12-06-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
im not a fan of fogs myself so i say NO
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
I LUV FOGS!!! u have to get the oem though, dont settle for n ething else.
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

ferio is an unknown quantity at this point
i love mine! ill post my new "jdm" one when finals is over
Old 12-06-2004
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough

mine got cracked within a couple of weeks...until you look closely at them, you can't tell that there's clear packing tape holding them together

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	132_3205.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	43465   Click image for larger version

Name:	132_3208.JPG
Views:	454
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	43466  
Old 12-06-2004
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
im so glad i got mine OEM even tho they cost a shitload...
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

vietfob714 is an unknown quantity at this point
where would you get the depo ones? I got off ebay and they cracked. But i think they look awesome
Old 12-06-2004
Premium Member

Well thanks for the pics. I'm getting them installed. My lamin-x came in today after only 1-2 days, so that's going on tonight. Then off to the dealer wednesday Hey is it hard to change the bulbs after they've been installed? Does bumper have to come off?
Old 12-06-2004
MIT
Registered!!

installation kinda easy, i didnt take off my bumer.......just run the harness and hide it well......good luck, post some pic when u get them install....
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

k-man is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
Well thanks for the pics. I'm getting them installed. My lamin-x came in today after only 1-2 days, so that's going on tonight. Then off to the dealer wednesday Hey is it hard to change the bulbs after they've been installed? Does bumper have to come off?

where do you get this lamin-x stuff? and how does it install? just stick on?
Old 12-06-2004
Premium Member

http://www.lamin-x.com/

They sent me the 20mil kind. Basically you stick it on and try to cut around the edges. I was no good at that so it's a bit uneven around the edges. There are also hundreds of tiny bubbles, but the site says they should go away in time. I sure hope so. Even if they stay tho, it will protect the lights at least.
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

slowcoupe03 is an unknown quantity at this point
www.handa-accessories.com has pdf instructions. I don't know how to post pictures, but my OEM fog lamp pics can be viewed under my 7th gen profile.
Old 12-06-2004
Premium Member

Well I'm confused. I tried to piece one together and there's a gap around the actual foglight and the black trim it mounts to. Is it supposed to be like that?
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

They sent me the 20mil kind. Basically you stick it on and try to cut around the edges. I was no good at that so it's a bit uneven around the edges. There are also hundreds of tiny bubbles, but the site says they should go away in time. I sure hope so. Even if they stay tho, it will protect the lights at least.
the bubbles will eventually disappear! did you get the clear ones? they are pretty thick
Old 12-06-2004
Premium Member

Ya it's 20 mil clear version. Is there supposed to be a gap around the fogs and trim piece?
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

k-man is an unknown quantity at this point

cool thanks for the link, which size of sheet did you end up getting? do both 20 and 40 mil do the job?

im thinking of getting a set of fogs for my 04 but they are $$ and i dont want them to crack!
Old 12-06-2004
Premium Member

Well I got the 40mil originally and they sent the 20mil by accident I guess. The 20mil already is pretty thick and should do the job. Any more and it might start to mess up the light. I just got the small size two sheets for fogs. Just get some big pieces, because I messed up twice putting it on and trying to cut it right. It's very hard to get it even, but from far it's hard to tell.

Does anyone have a closeup of the oem fogs installed? Why is there a gap?
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

Ya it's 20 mil clear version. Is there supposed to be a gap around the fogs and trim piece?
well. since it's clear i don't think anyone will notice that it has gaps. but what i did was i made a template out of a tape(masking) and used a cutter to cut the edges around the for. then i removed it and put the tape on the film and i just cut it with sissors. walah! perfect fit
Old 12-06-2004
Premium Member

No I don't care about the film. I mean a gap around the fog lights and the housing! I'm gonna have to take a pic...

Quick Reply: oem fogs on my ride?