Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Toyota clipped my mirror

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danman114 will become famous soon enough
Toyota clipped my mirror

So, a few weeks ago a woman driving in her Corolla cliped my 01 ex's mirror as she was driving by as my car was parked out side my friends house. Most importantly, she came in and got me and told me about it and was really nice about it. (It takes some guts to walk into a party full of people you don't know, and ask to talk to person who owns the car you just hit).

So I went outside, and looked at it. My car's mirror had a chip and the mirror was broken. Her mirror completely exploded all over the ground. Honda quality I guess. Anyway, we exchange information and I go back to partying, joking about my car being a magnet for other cars (3 time its been hit while parked in under a year).

Now the last two times I was hit, the first time I got screwed on a hit and rund (-$500 deductable) and the second time I was there so the person who hit me couldn't run. I always said to myself "next time someone hits me, I am going to two places. An expensive one for the price I charge the person who hit me, and a cheap on for where I go to get it fixed"

Well...
This old lady who hit me this time was really nice. So I am just going to ask you guys for some help on a few things.

1. I have a black 01 ex. Where can I get a pre-painted mirror for this to install my self. ( I saw a DIY, and it seems simple enough)
2. Say I let someone else do it, do I just say its a black civic to them for them to order the part? Or is their a metalic black or a pearl black? I am pretty sure my 01 is just the normal black color, just don't want to get the wrong shade of black if thats possible (like flat black).

Thanks alot.

S
Old 11-29-2004
Victory is Mine!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

justplainbad is on a distinguished road
Well, I know you can give them the color code for your car on the drivers door jam. There are also color codes listed somewhere on the boards here.
Old 11-29-2004
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, color code on your door jam is all u need
DIY and pocket the cash - get it painted professionally, but install it yourself
Old 11-29-2004
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Well if she was hot have her sleep with you for the dammage done to your car lolllllll.....
Old 11-29-2004
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
1) honda dealer. or you can find another ex owner on this site whose selling their mirrors but doubt it.
2) your car paint color is "night hawk black paint" (nhbp). their is a color code on your door somewhere when u open it like ^how he said.

since shes such a nice lady, bring it to a decent shop and get it done professional still. if u feel so bad for cuz she was so nice, and u goto a cheap macco place, then you'll get whats comming to ya. so i say goto a professional shop that knows their **** and get it done by them.
btw, you can order the mirrors online on honda sites like www.majestichonda.com etc etc
Old 11-29-2004
Registered!!

Danman114 will become famous soon enough
Where are the color codes on this site? search isn't turning up much for me.

And Viper, she reminded me of my grandmother... that and I'm recently engaged (which the lady remembered my friend telling her. He was drunk at the time, and in between mumbleing 'chicken focker' and 'meow' (super trooper references) while looking at the damage, he also told I was engaged.)
Old 11-29-2004
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
you only have to pry off that mirror cover and remove 3 nuts to replace the mirror, very easy. But be careful not to drop any nuts into the door panel!
Old 11-29-2004
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
junk yard?