Painting exterior trim? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2004   #1
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Painting exterior trim?

Has anyone thought of painting the window trim the color of their car?
ImPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004   #2

eklipz will become famous soon enough
IMO i dont think it would look good....chop it jay
eklipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004   #3
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
I've been wondering about this too.

I think it'd break the good lookin black "pitcher's mound" shape on the side of our cars if you painted the black pillar inbetween the door and the quarterpanel window
XxSoVeReiGNxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004   #4
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
^^Agreed. Unless you've got NHBP, then it will break up the look of the car by doing that. Would be original though. How about some self-adhesive, thin CF plate like from Raceplates instead?
TeLLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004   #5
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
I actually thought about painting mine when the fvckers that broke in scratched my piece that goes along the bottom of the window, and the piece you all are talking abuot with a screwdriver or something. I'v just been too lazy to do it for one, and I don't efel like doing the prep work. I might let them when I get the whole car repainted though.
PopcornPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004   #6
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I think it would look really bad.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004   #7
Registered!!

wrussi is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah same here
wrussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004   #8
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
well, ive been looking at the car... And Idk how to really explain it but...

Just paint the black stip on the roof black...
and the part thats by the windsheild... NOT by the windows
Old 11-24-2004   #9
Banned

ehhhh?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eh.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	42992  
Old 11-24-2004   #10
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Where do you come up with these crazy ideas? Just leave it. I don't think anyone will even notice. It won't look good because the rubber is curved.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004   #11
Banned

my ideas are crazily thought out
Old 11-29-2004   #12
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
ur crazy man, but ur craziness leads to good things! im not sure about this one though... lol
Alex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #13
The Rizing Sun

Akutenshi is on a distinguished road
man that pic was like one of those things in the daily newspaper.. find the differences.

took me a while to tell what changed from the 1st n 2nd pic :P
Akutenshi is offline   Reply With Quote