Frustrated! - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2004   #1
Vic
Registered!!

Vic is an unknown quantity at this point
Frustrated!

totally frustrated,
Just had front shocks replaced a month back.. (they were leaking) and now I found out that the front and rear wheel bearings (dont know WTH it is) are broken and need to be replaced. The civic is like 3 yrs old.. 2001 model and has just 55K on it.. i dont understand how can these things crap out so soon.

the car goes to the dealership almost each time and they never point out the issue unless i experience some problem and bring it back to them .. complaing.

luckily this thing came with 5yr waranty (i bought the car used.. last year).. so most probably repairs are gonna be covered!

my front passenger seat rocks/vibrate but i was told that its not covered under warranty anymore. the service guy said the interior is covered till 60K/3yrs.

wonder whats gonna crap out next! didnt know that 01 civics had so many defects.
Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #2
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
its called planned obsolescence. its what car companies do in engineering their cars so that things start breaking down after the warantee runs out. this way you either pay to fix it or get tired of it and buy a new car.
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #3
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry to hear that. I haven't experienced that many problems and I recently hit 60k...
CivicsRdBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #4
Registered!!

devilvtec is an unknown quantity at this point
im right around 47k and so far so good, hope it stays that way
devilvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #5
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Maybe the previous owner had aftermarket springs on it and took them off before he sold it. That might explain the loose seat from the rough ride and the blown shocks
xX03EXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #6
Banned

Ramones is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a service bullitan in Vehicles Issues and Problems forum about the seat rocking issue. It is a sticky so print it out and give it to your service manager and see what he does.
Ramones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #7
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I haven't a single problem and I am at 43k. I mean I have rattles and ****, but that is my own fault. Engine still run fine, shocks are aftermarket, so I am good...sucks for you though. Just get good aftermarket stuff.
robbclark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #8
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
hmm my seat rocks, but not bad at all. One of these days I'm gonna get that tightened. Or hell, if its under warrenty why not have them do it.
Blahman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #9
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, the honda dealership likes to **** you. I've told them about problems, then like 3 months later they say I have so and so wrong. I get pissed at them cause I told em a lot earlier.
TeRRoRiFiC35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004   #10
Registered!!

ty.barrack is an unknown quantity at this point
It sounds like they built your car on Friday right before the plant closed, or you bought a salvage title car.
ty.barrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004   #11
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
My car is pretty quiet, but I helped it out a lot myself. I put new springs and shocks on yesterday and they are stiff as hell, so now I have many many many more rattles, but its very smooth now. And now the stupid clicking and cracking my car was making over every bump and turn is gone. That was my only problem other than a master cylinder, but that was cheap to replace.
2K1Civic17"Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004   #12
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFoot
its called planned obsolescence. its what car companies do in engineering their cars so that things start breaking down after the warantee runs out. this way you either pay to fix it or get tired of it and buy a new car.
^^ ^^
exclusive_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004   #13
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFoot
I have a 100K warranty so the dealer made sure my parts won't start breaking down til then.
LiKEaFeRiO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004   #14
Vic
Registered!!

except for the honda engine...everything else should be comparable with cars of other make (in same category).

applies for civic yr 2K onwards.
Old 11-12-2004   #15
Registered!!

steak84ss will become famous soon enoughsteak84ss will become famous soon enough
Hey. In that Vehicle Issues section, under one of the STICKY sections, there is a couple things I'm interested in and one of them is the seat rocking. They links don't seem to work anymore. Where do we get the info?
steak84ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004   #16
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusive_vtec
^^ ^^
posts like that bring hatred to the boards. don't post *****!
diskreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004   #17
Registered!!

tonyt915 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramones
There is a service bullitan in Vehicles Issues and Problems forum about the seat rocking issue. It is a sticky so print it out and give it to your service manager and see what he does.
I went to the sticky but no links work, i went to the site and found the issue for the rockin seat problem but what do i print, i also need the one for inacurate fuel gauge?
tonyt915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004   #18
Registered!!

steak84ss will become famous soon enoughsteak84ss will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915
I went to the sticky but no links work, i went to the site and found the issue for the rockin seat problem but what do i print, i also need the one for inacurate fuel gauge?
Hey Show us that info too!!!! My fuel gauge is HORRIBLE!!
Old 11-12-2004   #19
Registered!!

Yeah mine shows like a 1/4 tank then its in the red and when i look again its back around 1/4 tank
Old 11-12-2004   #20
Vic
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steak84SS
Hey Show us that info too!!!! My fuel gauge is HORRIBLE!!
there is a recall on that one for 01 civic.
Old 11-12-2004   #21
Registered!!

What about on the 03?
Old 11-12-2004   #22
Vic
Registered!!

^^ call the dealership... they can tell u by the VIN. if u have a recall or not.
Old 11-12-2004   #23
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic
^^ call the dealership... they can tell u by the VIN. if u have a recall or not.
I just called my dealership here in CT and they said there is NO recall on the '03 Civic Fuel Gauge. I'm still pissed because the thing sux! We need to see that info that you guys are talking about.
Old 11-12-2004   #24
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steak84SS
I just called my dealership here in CT and they said there is NO recall on the '03 Civic Fuel Gauge. I'm still pissed because the thing sux! We need to see that info that you guys are talking about.
im gonna call mine when i get timeand see what they say if u find any info on this let me know cause the guage really pisses me off when it moves around.