Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

stock civic needs help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blacksi03 is an unknown quantity at this point
stock civic needs help!!

i got a 2003 civic si (which means im from canada) or an ex in the states. it's pure stock.I've been reading that intake or CAI and exaust (excluding headers pulleys,etc) does really minor effect as in speed wise, am i correct?? or am i wrong from waht i read in the forums?? i know civics are slow without the swap and $hit, so im thinking of making my stock civic look good instead of speed since i would need to spend alot of money to make it fast ??? is this a good idea, u guys think??
Old 10-29-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
your motor if you have an ex is a d17. as in 1.7 liters. it will never be fast. period. CAI + exhaust work (headers, cat-back) will get you MAYBE 25 horsepower for about 1000 dollars total.

you could boost a d17 to kingdom come and it still wouldn't be fast (quick, yes, but not fast)
Old 10-29-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Even with I/H/E some guys have felt no improvement on their cars. Sounds good and looks cool in the engine bay and tailpipe, but that's it.
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

blacksi03 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea thats what i heard too...so therefore theres no point unless u drive around with a transparent hood.so is it better to spend money on stuff that makes yur car look nicer ??
Old 10-29-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by blacksi03
yea thats what i heard too...so therefore theres no point unless u drive around with a transparent hood.so is it better to spend money on stuff that makes yur car look nicer ??
transparent hood rofl.

I would advise you to save your money (your civic will help you do that with fuel economy and great resale value) until you can buy a faster or nicer looking car.

It's simply never going to compete with the speed of other things out there and it's only going to win shows for Hondas only because the Infiniti G35 owns. In a show I'd take the G35 bone stock as one of the most beautiful cars lol
Old 10-30-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
whoa 2 posts lol
Old 10-30-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I spent $2000+ on my auto EX and it's running 100whp after tuning. So yeah, spend money on stuff you'll enjoy like stereo, body kit, etc and make it look nice. If you want some extra sounds, intake/header/exhaust is nice. Usually people are selling those all the time, so just keep an eye out in the for sale forums.
Old 10-30-2004
Registered!!

bobbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Just buy stuff for the aesthetics. Forget speed unless you could boost it. Just my 0.02.
Old 10-30-2004
Supertastic Member.

Dishwasher is an unknown quantity at this point
you could get IHE with the hopes of that hondata ecu doing something for your car but i dunno, that's still under developement.
Old 10-30-2004
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Just do what u want bro... I know my car will never be fast unless i choose to go k20 and turbo that, but i know thats not possible... Im just lookin for sound and looks, because i want the car to loook the way that i want it and be happy with it.... If i had speed i know with out a doubt i would kill myself , end of story, so it all depends on what you want to do.... Good luck
Old 10-31-2004
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gearbox
spend money on stuff you'll enjoy like stereo, body kit, etc and make it look nice. If you want some extra sounds, intake/header/exhaust is nice. Usually people are selling those all the time, so just keep an eye out in the for sale forums.
agreed
Old 10-31-2004
Mr. Clean

Changu-San can only hope to improve
dont waste your money. go for looks.