Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Yet Another Body Kit Post...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TMRakip is an unknown quantity at this point
Yet Another Body Kit Post...

Hey All - Don't flame, I'm looking for something complex here. Rather than look at many threads that contain one part that I need, I want to get it all in one shot. Anyways, my M3 is done, and my Ducati is so frightening I'm not going to bother doing anything to it, so it's time to do more to the Civic...

How would a 'Type-R' lip, RS Side Skirts, and a Honda Aero Kit Rear look on a Civic. Would they line up at all? Where's a good price to buy the lips and side skirts? How much would I get raped for painting you think? How about painted tail lights (only Turn Signal, Reverse, Horseshoe and side marker not painted look) or Painted EDM tail lights. Thanks! Tom

I already have a bunch of stuff on the Civic :
Painted Eyelids and 'Altezza' Grill, TYC Projectors Retrofitted with Hella/Phillips Osram projector HID system, K&N FIPK-II intake, HP Racing Chrome Header, Random Technologies Super Hi Flow Catalytic Converter and an RS-R ExMag Exhaust, Honda 15-Spoke 15" Wheels with Michelin Hydroedge Tires and 35% tint all around, Leather Seats, Honda Woodgrain Dash and Console Trim...

I'm hoping it won't look rice, opinions?

Last edited by TMRakip; 08-06-2004 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2004
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds pretty subtle and clean to me, but don't paint your taillights, just leave them the way they are. Go with some orange sidemarkers, that would be cool too.
Old 08-06-2004
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
The Aero kit comes already painted, so you wouldn't have worry about that. For the front and sides, I'd guess $400 at a reputable shop. I could be totally off though. As for the fitment and the lines, I belive they're all close enough that it wouldn't be noticable if there's any difference. I don't really care for the type-R lip, but it should all line up right.

I think the EDM taillights look cool in their own right, so I'd buy those and leave them as they were.

Now for the good stuff... post pics of the Bimmer!
Old 08-07-2004
Registered!!

Alright, I think I am going to go with the Aero Kit Sides and Rear. Just entirely sure on the front (Type-R or Aero Kit) since I need to decided whether or not I want foglights. EDM tails unpainted it is
Old 08-07-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Get the aerokit man! Keep it clean
Old 08-07-2004
Registered!!

meseetree is on a distinguished road
i got the full aero kit on mine and i have foglights installed,their not the OEM fogs but they do a good job my cars silver click on my cardomain link if you want to see what it looks like better

Old 08-08-2004
Registered!!

I usually don't like the aftermarket fogs, but those look pretty tight. You mounted them at a perfect location, even on both sides. The question I am facing is do I really need fog lights with my HIDs, and if so, should I get the HID projector foglights that I believe either PIAA or Hella sells and cut a hole in the body kit just big enough to fit them and mount them there...
Old 08-08-2004
Registered!!

meseetree is on a distinguished road
thanks, with HID's i don't think you will know that the fogs are on. i can't tell that my fogs are on very well and all i have is eurolite bulbs in the headlamp. but if you do get them with the aero kit the OEM spot for fogs is gone, so what i did was cut very carefully parts of that black plastic out of the bumber. if you go with a full replacement bumber then you won't have to worry about that black piece but in my opinion i think it will not look as good because of most bumber having the big air dam's.

ps- love your E46 M3 looks tight I'm currently looking for a E36 M3 myself preferably the 3.2 not 3.0 like in '95 and my dad said he will help me out with buying a dinan supercharger and all the other components needed.
Old 08-08-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
I like my foglights with the hids... They shoot light more to the sides/in front of the car.

The Hella HID Foglights kick *** but, the price is wayyy too much :x
Old 08-08-2004
Boosted Auto Sedan Project In Progress

02sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
it would look tight