Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

finally a dyno with the DH ported head.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
Post finally a dyno with the DH ported head.

sorry for the bad pic but I don't have a scanner around.
125.7 HP 109.7 TQ 2001 ex NA
see my profile for all mods.
its still running kinda lean in the lower rpm range. the VAFC2 was only able to add a little fuel. The OBD2 kept recorrecting it. It did not knock even at 0 fuel. I ned to figure out how to add more fuel. there is still a bit of HP to be had at the lower rpm range. any ideas...other than piggy backs.
Old 05-24-2004
§C§H§O§C§O§B§O

chocobo15_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
whoah...that's perty cool...since stock ex's dyno in at around 104-106 whp (i think some1 posted a dyno with those #'s before...stock) correct me if i'm wrong... but taht's a nice gain!
Old 05-24-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting. Someone mentioned an adjustable fuel regulator, but I don't know who makes them for our cars. AEM just has universal ones.

So the vafcII didn't really help?
Old 05-24-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
those are some nice numbers. I'm sure there's place for improvement though
Old 05-24-2004
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
not bad at all N/A all the way! true power! look into custom fuel rail, larger injectors. maybe a FMU to feed more fuel. what gear did u dyno it on? list of mods.
Old 05-24-2004
Registered!!

tiredwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Props to you man. I glad someone finally posted a dyno. it would have been really cool if you posted a before and after, but no biggie. Hail to the fastest N/A d17 on this site...
Old 05-24-2004
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
Originally Posted by tiredwolf
Props to you man. I glad someone finally posted a dyno. it would have been really cool if you posted a before and after, but no biggie. Hail to the fastest N/A d17 on this site...
thanks for the props, but I think that will have to be the most powerful N/A D17 on this site so far. I havn't hit the tracks yet.
I think stock they get around 100 whp. If someone can find a link to a stock ex dyno let me know. All my mods are in my profile.
I have a before dyno but it is not exactly accurate as a before and after comparison. When I did that one I still had the KMS intake manifold on and did not have a hi flow cat. It was 113 hp and 96 tq untuned running very rich. The car pulls nicely but I wont be happy until I am at around 140 whp NA. I have to get more fuel in there before anything else. A cam or throttle body will just lean things out more. I wonder if a SF style fuel system will work on a NA car. Any fuel ideas/advice are welcome.
Old 05-24-2004
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
what was wrong with ur VAFCII??? Cause i'm going to get SAFCII and i don't want to buy it if that same thing will happen to me. i know couple of peeps that are boosting have there car tune with vafcII and its fine
Old 05-24-2004
Premium Member

Originally Posted by yourinmyw0rld
what was wrong with ur VAFCII??? Cause i'm going to get SAFCII and i don't want to buy it if that same thing will happen to me. i know couple of peeps that are boosting have there car tune with vafcII and its fine
We added fuel and it worked up to a point around 5 or so. going to a higher number showed no effect. It worked fine when taking fuel out.
Old 05-24-2004
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
Old 05-24-2004

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
aight coo thats good enough cause i have SF fuel system and 5point is good or i might even take out fuel cause i'm rich rite now. u might have to get bigger injectors that would help.
Old 05-24-2004
Premium Member

Originally Posted by yourinmyw0rld
aight coo thats good enough cause i have SF fuel system and 5point is good or i might even take out fuel cause i'm rich rite now. u might have to get bigger injectors that would help.
Do you think the SF fuel system could be adapted to use on a NA car? Or is the FMU boost only?
Old 05-24-2004

u could ask them cause as far as i know it adds more fuel to the stock ingectors when its sees boost. The more boost it sees the more fuel i get. so i don't know how they could work that out for N/A car.
Old 05-24-2004

this guy is selling his E-management and 440 injectors

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=155556
Old 05-24-2004
Your Parts Guy

StreetLevelPerformance is on a distinguished road
Fuel pressure regulator isnt going to work if you want to add more fuel. Remember that the stock FPR is in the gas tank. This is why SF uses an inline pump to draw more fuel from the tank. If you want to add fuel you are going to need to convert to return or get an inline fuel pump. You can use an FPR at that point to control how much fuel you are dumping into the cylinders.

Good luck and good numbers!
Old 05-24-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
good ****
Old 05-24-2004
Registered!!

loriant is an unknown quantity at this point
does this mean dh is good now?
Old 05-24-2004
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
I've seen and EX dyno 110+ stock, thats a far cry from the 30 hp they were claiming it to do.
Old 05-24-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Not really. Look at all his other mods. Still okay I guess. Oh so why did DH tell us we can just buy a fuel pressure regulator? I obviously believe Dober on what he says, so maybe DH just didn't know any better.

djmota, is this dyno after you had the cam gear and vafcII tuned?
Old 05-24-2004
Your Parts Guy

Originally Posted by gearbox
Oh so why did DH tell us we can just buy a fuel pressure regulator?
They are still thinking that we have a return style fuel system. Sigh.
Old 05-25-2004
Premium Member

So is there anything else we can do other than vafc and cam gear?
Old 05-25-2004
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
didnt carbonfly get like 116 to the wheels with just intake and exhaust. This head gave like 5-10 hp. Still at least some gains but not 30 as they promised
Old 05-25-2004
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
good post.

dyno varies from one session to the next. there are many factors, not including temperatures, altitude and what not.

but generally a stock ex 5spd will run around ~110 whp. with torque around 105. both give or take 2-5 units.
Old 05-25-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
props on the numbers. i really wanna see some numbers on the fully built blocks they are selling for forced induction.
Old 05-25-2004
Your Parts Guy

Originally Posted by gearbox
So is there anything else we can do other than vafc and cam gear?
If you want to add fuel I'd suggest converting to return system. The vafc or safc can only work with the fuel your stock system pumps out. It doesn't modify the voltage of the stock pump to get more fuel out I don't think. Guns used it to his advantage because he was already running rich.
Old 05-25-2004
Premium Member

The cam gear stayed at zero. This seems to be the best setting. This is after all the fuel tuning we could get out of the vafc2. I was thinking... would larger cc injectors work? They would run rich but I could adjust that out with the vafc2. I thought about the return line, it just seems like alot of work, I wont do it unless I have to .
I would be willing to throw some bigger injectors in the mix or possibly an inline pump with adjustable regulator to squeeze more fuel out of my stock injectors.
Old 05-25-2004
K20 Member

ImportRacer2123 is an unknown quantity at this point
DH head did do some good after all.....yes there claims were not too accurate but it did provide decent gains.
Old 05-25-2004
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
That dyno sucks. bluestrek made 125 whp on his EX with just I/H/E. I know because I saw it and have it on video.
Old 05-25-2004
Your Parts Guy

Originally Posted by CarbonFly
That dyno sucks. bluestrek made 125 whp on his EX with just I/H/E. I know because I saw it and have it on video.
No ****? I thought the EX made like roughly 109 stock and not much more with basic bolt-ons. Good for him.
Old 05-25-2004
No Title

maxsin is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CarbonFly

oooo, them is fighten words...

Quick Reply: finally a dyno with the DH ported head.