Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Anyone unplug parking light?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone unplug parking light?

Well I did. Just went out and pulled the plug on those round parking lights. So now just the turn signal stays on and the headlights. I think it looks cleaner like the older civics. Anyone else do it?
Old 05-22-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
I didnt take the bulb out... I left it in... but i made it so the Blinker light only goes on when it blinks. and if the light is not blinking then it is not on...
Old 05-22-2004
Forum Sponsor

NeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz Erthang
yep, have had mine like that for almost a good 3 months now.

looks bad ***.

ill take a pic tonight with these bulbs that i got.
Old 05-22-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet. I'll post a pic as well. For the guy above, I left the turn signal like normal. Just unplugged the small parking light between signal and headlight.

I actually got the idea after seeing a 7thgen with the bulb burnt out on one side. Looked cleaner!
Old 05-22-2004
MIT
Registered!!

MIT is an unknown quantity at this point
i modified my turn signal bulbs, only goes on when it blinks!
first take out the stock turn signal light bulbs, 7443.
then just cut out the metal, only keep that turn signal metal there, so when you plug it back in only turn signal get the power.....u get the idea, remember dont touch the bulbs, use some plastic film to hold the bulbs while you cuttin the metals.

ps: if you messed up, you can get some OEM replacement 7443 from pepboy, like 6bucks. I bought one jus in case if my bulbs goes out.

heres what it look like
Old 05-23-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
so if i were to just take out the smaller round bulbs on the parking light, my amber piece will still blink at the same pace and no electrical problems will occur? i wanna see some pics =D
Old 05-23-2004
Premium Member

Mine works fine. I just unplugged the harness going to the bulbs (left the actual bulbs and sockets on). It would actually reduce current draw, because that's two less bulbs you're giving power to.

I'll take pics today!
Old 05-23-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
This Mod will give u 1HP

Arent you suppost to have a parking light? Like by law...? lol
Old 05-23-2004
Premium Member

Yeah. Well the turn signal still works like a parking light. I need to post pics because nobody knows what's going on.

1hp sounds about right. Maybe less but I still got some voltage back at night.
Old 05-23-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
yea, LOL, idk wtf u are saying ^_^
Old 05-23-2004
Premium Member

With only parking lights on (notice circle light is off; other light works normal as parking/turn).

Parking and headlights

Old 05-23-2004
Banned

looks the same to me

You should do a cool 5 LED Retro in the parking light spot... That would be kinda cool
Old 05-23-2004
Premium Member

Well the only thing I did was unplug the parking light. I was thinking of putting blue LEDs in there and hooking to a switch. Or strobes maybe, or nothing.
Old 05-23-2004
Registered!!

CivicSky is an unknown quantity at this point
I prefer MIT's design. It looks more like the Japanese version Civic which 7440 bulbs are used instead of 7443 (dual filament) bulbs.
Old 05-23-2004
Premium Member

Would it look good if I made the round parking light a turn signal and leave the original turn signal like a parking light? It'll be like the Jetta lights.
Old 05-23-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
i like my parking lights
Old 05-23-2004
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
i just matched my 7443 bulbs in my tyc's with some sweet amber 4 led's!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	29895  
Old 05-23-2004
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
what i would really like to do would be retro a little projector were the 7443 bulb is. now that would be dope and then retro a projector into the highs also.
Old 05-23-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
hey acidbaby that looks pretty good in the TYC's